• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-DON
    hi
    • Mar 2004

some pro day results and ridiculous trade rumor

Nfl.Com is reporting that K Jones ran an average time of 4.63 in his Pro Day 40 yard dash. Followed up by a pedestrian 4.10 and 7.17 in the short shuttle and the 3 cone drill. Can anybody say 3rd round at best!!! All of you out there that have thought I was some kinda idiot for saying there were 4 other backs I would take before Jones need to pay more attention. It appears I was right!!
    It is unlikely that a back will be drafted in the top 2/3rds of the first round. Jackson and Perry had identical times in the 40 and Perry was slightly quicker in the other two drills. Tatum Bell is going to be laughing all the way to the bank cuz he is now no worse than 3rd on the board and definantly the fastest RB in the draft.
    I don't know how Va Tech times its players but they must get a 2 yard running start. Nobody ever runs close to their reported times.

Chris Perry ran it in a 4.5
    According to a Cleveland Newspaper, the Browns want to move up and are targetting the Cardinals at #3 for a trade.
    The deal is supposedly
    Dennis Northcutt and #7
    for
    Also…………………….this is not much to move up what do you guys think?

I know 40 times aren’t everything but this is a lot slower than anyone expected. He seemed way faster in games. He’s going to be a steal for someone in the second round hopefully not the patriots. Hopefully the Broncos scoop him up or dallas.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

i am a tech alum... i have watched all of jone's games.. he is a stud.. i dont care what he clocked.. i know he runs a 4.4.. i have seen him do it.. he had a bad day.. and hall ran a 4.35 at the combine.. so dont give me that 2 yard running start junk.

jones will end up being a total steal for a team like new england... it makes me sick.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• B-DON
      hi
      • Mar 2004

exactly what i think. someone said he was real nervous and even knocked over a cone but i dont know how much truth is behind this

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

all i know is i have seen jones play ever game.. he is big enough to run over people.. but he has some electric moves.. and if he gets in the open field.. NO ONE is catching him..

he is a stud.. so is jackson, imho..

the top three backs are jones, jackson, and greg jones.. and if new england gets any of those three.. i am going to be so friggin pissed off.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• B-DON
          hi
          • Mar 2004

i still think Greg jones is going to be the best of the 3. he can runover people and i swear he ran a 4.4 I know fsu just had their pro day recently but i cant find any results

Comment

• LIQUID24
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
            i am a tech alum... i have watched all of jone's games.. he is a stud.. i dont care what he clocked.. i know he runs a 4.4.. i have seen him do it.. he had a bad day.. and hall ran a 4.35 at the combine.. so dont give me that 2 yard running start junk.

jones will end up being a total steal for a team like new england... it makes me sick.
            Gotta agree. I was shocked by the 40 times, but I still think he's the best back in the draft. I hope the Patsies don't get him.

Comment

• LIQUID24
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by B-DON
              i still think Greg jones is going to be the best of the 3. he can runover people and i swear he ran a 4.4 I know fsu just had their pro day recently but i cant find any results
              He ran a 4.62 and 4.65. Personally, I think he's overrated.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LIQUID24
                He ran a 4.62 and 4.65. Personally, I think he's overrated.
                he is not over rated.. considering he probably wont go in the 1st round..

it depends on what you expect.. your not going to get a lot of versatility.. but a team like NE could use him in conjunction with kevin faulk, and it could be a deadly combination...

i just hope to got that NE takes perry, clarriet.. or anyoen other than the big three.

Comment

• kal123
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

I'm still crossing my fingers McGahee is 100%. If he is, I don't think we'll care about any of these backs.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                    • Apr 2003

word on that kal, but about greg jones he did look really good at the senior bowl (both in his jersey, without a shirt on, and kinda good running the ball) but if you look at his avg yard per carry from last year, its terrible. hes improved his draft status since the season ended, but i dont think hell be much more of an antowain smith in the nfl....4 yards every time and not much more.
                    the dude abides

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                      • Apr 2003

kevin jones however has the speed to take it to the house despite what his 40 time says. he could have had a bad day or he runs a 4.6 in heavy pads too whereas most people pads slow them down a ton. there is a huge difference between track fast and football fast
                      the dude abides

Comment

• B-DON
                        hi
                        • Mar 2004

i guarantee you greg jones will be a top tier back. i am an fsu fan and we had 3 great rb's last year and jones was coming off major knee surgery from the season before in which he was killin it til he got injured

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

If Greg Jones could catch out of the backfield he might be the top back in the draft. He will be a steal if the team that takes him can help him on his way with that.

Comment

• Pride
                            • Jul 2002

Alot can be said for nerves at the combine.

Think about it... if you were a college grad, with no real education to speak of, and you had the opportunity to make 10 million or 300 thousand dollars, mostly based on 1 single workout, you may be a little nervous too

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X