PDA

View Full Version : Bannister Interview

Tatonka
03-19-2004, 06:55 AM
i want him.

best 40 time.. 4.22

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=236267

all the seattle fans were pretty consistent in that he is a hard worker, great special teamer.. and he is that tall guy with speed that can go deep, that alot of you think we need.

Tatonka
03-19-2004, 07:53 AM
no comments from the "we need a big fast wr" ??

he is big.. fast.. young.. and a pro bowl special teams player..

i think he would be the perfect pick up.. plus he is past his 3 year buffer..

i really think he could be a guy that comes on big like mccariens or drew bennet did..

clump, or eb.. what kind of contract would we have to offer him to get him out of seattle?

The Spaz
03-19-2004, 07:55 AM
Make it so #1:miyagi:

The Spaz
03-19-2004, 07:59 AM
It would be great to get this guy brings spedd for the WR position and is a fierce special teams player.:up::beer:

Dantheman1280
03-19-2004, 08:02 AM
how old is this guy

The Spaz
03-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
how old is this guy

24-25 I beleive.

Tatonka
03-19-2004, 08:12 AM

lordofgun
03-19-2004, 08:21 AM
I wouldn't say I want him....but I hope the Bills sign him. :up:

lordofgun
03-19-2004, 08:22 AM
I wonder what kind of payday he's looking for.

Tatonka
03-19-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I wouldn't say I want him....but I hope the Bills sign him. :up:

is that sexual inuendo?

Devin
03-19-2004, 08:31 AM
I am a little curious about him at WR be interesting but his ST ability is unquestioned.

lordofgun
03-19-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i want him.

:eek::eek::eek:

he is big.. fast.. young.. i think he would be the perfect pick up.. i really think he could be a guy that comes on big

Originally posted by Dantheman1280
how old is this guy

Originally posted by Devin
I am a little curious about him

TigerJ
03-19-2004, 08:38 AM
His measurables are great. He's only had a receivers coach for the last three years? Man was he missused in college. The question is, how much can he have learned in the last three years without getting on the field as a receiver.

I wonder how high the Seahawks are willing to go to match. If they are only going to use him on special teams, maybe not that high. It would be great if he could be the answer for the Bills as a speed receiver, but his lack of playing time at WR (apparently due to no fault of his own) is a risk. He is an unknown quantity.

If the Bills were to sign him, that would have definite implications for their strategy in the first round of the draft. It becomes far more likely that they look to address QB in round one, though DE and DT are possibilities as well.

Tatonka
03-19-2004, 08:46 AM

:eek: the fact that you would even think that way...

Originally posted by TigerJ
His measurables are great. I'm just curious why he hasn't been more productive as a WR. Have they just not used him that much? If not, why not? If he's only going to be a special teamer, that would affect how much I'd want to pay him. I think the Bills can certainly find a spot on the roster for him. It would be great if he could be the answer for the Bills as a speed receiver, but his lack of production/playing time in the past is an issue that demands an explanation.

well.. i did some asking at the seattle website.. if you go over to seahawks.net (i think that is the site) you will see my post.

they basically said that he was behind robinson, jackson, and engram.. which are three good wrs.. i can understand that.. and they keep a TE on the field alot, so they dont use a large amount of 4 wr sets.. which makes sense..

they stated that his work ethic is unquestionably as good as anyone on the team.. he is there all year round for every came ect.. and they wish they had more guys with his attitude.. he is a dominant special teamer.. and has just never had a chance at wr yet..

they said he is great as far as measurables, but he needs to work on his hands some and routes some.. he was a very raw prospect coming out of college.. but he has improved every year..

some over there are very high on him.. others are so so .. and a very few didnt like him.

justasportsfan
03-19-2004, 08:48 AM
Even if he doesn't pan out as a wr at least he's a probowler compared to A. Brown and is not that much slower than Brown. I wouldn't mind taking him for the right price.

lordofgun
03-19-2004, 08:51 AM
:eek: the fact that you would even think that way...

T brought it up. :mad:

The Spaz
03-19-2004, 08:56 AM

T brought it up. :mad:

You got it up because of T?!:eek:

Tatonka
03-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
You got it up because of T?!:eek:

:puke:

juice
03-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Even if he doesn't pan out as a wr at least he's a probowler compared to A. Brown and is not that much slower than Brown. I wouldn't mind taking him for the right price.

We need a KR/PR almost as much as we need a deep threat.. He is burried on the depth chart behind some solid recievers, I dont think his price would be above average.

If he runs a 4.22 thats blazing, Brown isn't any faster than that plus can't catch and has little field vision, plus lacks the size.

justasportsfan
03-19-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by juice

has little field vision, plus lacks the size. Why you gotta bring Flutie into this discussion?