X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

If Ruben Brown was so freaking good...

why the hell havent all these teams that are still dying for line help even brought him in..

there have been a couple of minor rumors.. but the bottom line is.. no one snatched him up immediately..and no one really wants him.. he will get a job somewhere, probably after the draft when teams dont have any other choices.. but he was done.. make no mistake about it..

we were paying him way to much.. and he just wasnt worth any of it. i dont care about his probowls and leadership.. he wasnt doing his own job anymore.. that doesnt make him a good leader to others.

:xplode:

i feel better.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Well put

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

His age doesn't help either. How many consecutive ProBowls did he go to? Now it proves what everyone's been saying. He went to most of those ProBowls on name alone.

Comment

• mightyspaz
        Short, Furry and Cold
        • Mar 2004

Iève heard the reason he was cut is because he took a swing at Gilbride Last Season.
        ThE MiGhTy SpAz
        - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by mightyspaz
          Iève heard the reason he was cut is because he took a swing at Gilbride Last Season.
          If that's the case, he should've gotten a long term deal.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by mightyspaz
            Too bad he missed. Should have taken boxing lessons from Buddy.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
              why the hell havent all these teams that are still dying for line help even brought him in..

there have been a couple of minor rumors.. but the bottom line is.. no one snatched him up immediately..and no one really wants him.. he will get a job somewhere, probably after the draft when teams dont have any other choices.. but he was done.. make no mistake about it..

we were paying him way to much.. and he just wasnt worth any of it. i dont care about his probowls and leadership.. he wasnt doing his own job anymore.. that doesnt make him a good leader to others.

:xplode:

i feel better.
              Did anyone on the offense do their job? TE position just may have been our best blocking position, but Brown was still our best all-around lineman.

Not many Pro Bowlers stand out on a line that has been one of the worst for years.. Brown was one of those players.

Coaching, Playcalling, Blocking Schemes and lack of cohesivness will all contribute to Brown not being picked up immediatly.

I think he might end up in the AFC-east.. eventually

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

I think that he and TD have a deal to resign him for vet min, after the roster bonus deadline passes. I can dream, right?
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                  Not many Pro Bowlers stand out on a line that has been one of the worst for years.. Brown was one of those players.

Coaching, Playcalling, Blocking Schemes and lack of cohesivness will all contribute to Brown not being picked up immediatly.

if that was the case.. SOMEONE would be interested in him.. but no one is.. no one wants him.. because all the coaches and scouts in the league know he is done.. or close to it..
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

The Bengals and Patriots have reportedly both expressed interest, according to media reports.

Comment

• Samphin1
                      • Mar 2004

Well, I guess Buffalo will be able to know for sure whether his presence is missed or not come game day. If your new and "improved" tackle plays like poo, I imagine a lot of you will come on here wondeirng why you ever let Ruben go.

Honestly though, I agree, he is getting older ( although I believe Villarial is just a tad younger no?) and seemed to have an attitude problem on top of declining in skill. For the amount of money you would have had to pay him, I would have cut him too.

If anyone picked him up for close to the minimum though, that would be a great pickup imo.

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

It doesn't help that he is only 290-300 Lbs. Most teams want bigger guys at guard.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                          I think that he and TD have a deal to resign him for vet min, after the roster bonus deadline passes. I can dream, right?
                          I would have absolutely no problem with that.
                          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                          X