PDA

View Full Version : If Ruben Brown was so freaking good...

Tatonka
03-19-2004, 09:42 AM
why the hell havent all these teams that are still dying for line help even brought him in..

there have been a couple of minor rumors.. but the bottom line is.. no one snatched him up immediately..and no one really wants him.. he will get a job somewhere, probably after the draft when teams dont have any other choices.. but he was done.. make no mistake about it..

we were paying him way to much.. and he just wasnt worth any of it. i dont care about his probowls and leadership.. he wasnt doing his own job anymore.. that doesnt make him a good leader to others.

:xplode:

i feel better.

mikedd74
03-19-2004, 09:45 AM
Well put

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2004, 09:48 AM
His age doesn't help either. How many consecutive ProBowls did he go to? Now it proves what everyone's been saying. He went to most of those ProBowls on name alone.

mightyspaz
03-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Iève heard the reason he was cut is because he took a swing at Gilbride Last Season.

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by mightyspaz
Iève heard the reason he was cut is because he took a swing at Gilbride Last Season.
If that's the case, he should've gotten a long term deal. :snicker:

Jan Reimers
03-19-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by mightyspaz

Too bad he missed. Should have taken boxing lessons from Buddy.

juice
03-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
why the hell havent all these teams that are still dying for line help even brought him in..

there have been a couple of minor rumors.. but the bottom line is.. no one snatched him up immediately..and no one really wants him.. he will get a job somewhere, probably after the draft when teams dont have any other choices.. but he was done.. make no mistake about it..

we were paying him way to much.. and he just wasnt worth any of it. i dont care about his probowls and leadership.. he wasnt doing his own job anymore.. that doesnt make him a good leader to others.

:xplode:

i feel better.

Did anyone on the offense do their job? TE position just may have been our best blocking position, but Brown was still our best all-around lineman.

Not many Pro Bowlers stand out on a line that has been one of the worst for years.. Brown was one of those players.

Coaching, Playcalling, Blocking Schemes and lack of cohesivness will all contribute to Brown not being picked up immediatly.

I think he might end up in the AFC-east.. eventually

Gunzlingr
03-19-2004, 10:10 AM
I think that he and TD have a deal to resign him for vet min, after the roster bonus deadline passes. I can dream, right?

Tatonka
03-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by juice
Not many Pro Bowlers stand out on a line that has been one of the worst for years.. Brown was one of those players.

Coaching, Playcalling, Blocking Schemes and lack of cohesivness will all contribute to Brown not being picked up immediatly.

if that was the case.. SOMEONE would be interested in him.. but no one is.. no one wants him.. because all the coaches and scouts in the league know he is done.. or close to it..

Ickybaluky
03-19-2004, 10:48 AM
The Bengals and Patriots have reportedly both expressed interest, according to media reports.

Samphin1
03-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Well, I guess Buffalo will be able to know for sure whether his presence is missed or not come game day. If your new and "improved" tackle plays like poo, I imagine a lot of you will come on here wondeirng why you ever let Ruben go.

Honestly though, I agree, he is getting older ( although I believe Villarial is just a tad younger no?) and seemed to have an attitude problem on top of declining in skill. For the amount of money you would have had to pay him, I would have cut him too.

If anyone picked him up for close to the minimum though, that would be a great pickup imo.

The Spaz
03-19-2004, 11:00 AM
It doesn't help that he is only 290-300 Lbs. Most teams want bigger guys at guard.

ShadowHawk7
03-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Gunzlingr
I think that he and TD have a deal to resign him for vet min, after the roster bonus deadline passes. I can dream, right?

I would have absolutely no problem with that.