X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Question on Vick

I wonder why everyone thinks this guy is a great QB. He hasn't played a full season in 3 years, completes about 50% of his passes, and has an avg rating of 76, but everyone acts he is second coming of Joe Montana. I guess I don't think he is all that yet.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I could tell you but I would be called a racist

Comment

• generalmills
      • Sep 2003

the guy can do some amazing things with his legs the is no doubt about that.. Remember that most of the country only sees Vick highlights on Prime Time and Sports Center and not the incompletions that you would see throughout an entire game..

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

probably the most mobile quarterback in the last 20-30 years if nto ever, faster then most running backs probably even then some WR.

If he could stay uninjured hed be a threat. Best QB ever? Hardly. Best QB Currently? Hardly. A solid QB prospect the majority of us would love to see in a Bills Uniform? Of course.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Gunzlingr
          • Jul 2002

The only game of his I watched, was when he played MN. He tore it up on the ground (173), but he didn't do squat in the air. He was 11-28 with 152 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.
          You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Hermanator21
            Bleed Red, White, and Blue
            • Mar 2004

Vick has only begun. I am from Newport News, VA and I watched him during his highschool days. I know it's only highschool but he is unbeleivable! Once he understands the pro game , he will be the best QB ever to play the game. He is the fastest , biggest player on the field and he plays QB. He does need to work on his completion percentage but that will come over time. His first year Reeves never played him. His second year he started and beat the pack at Lambeu in a playoff game, and his third year came in week 15 and won 2 out of 3 with a sucky Falcons team. I don't know where you heard the comparison w/ Montana because thats just flat out stupid. Brady might be the next Montana, but if you want to compare Vick w/ somebody try Elway but add 4.4 speed to him and alittle stronger of an arm. I am not being a homer by saying this either. Vick is legit just give him time...........

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
              I wonder why everyone thinks this guy is a great QB. He hasn't played a full season in 3 years, completes about 50% of his passes, and has an avg rating of 76, but everyone acts he is second coming of Joe Montana. I guess I don't think he is all that yet.
              Ask this question to the Tatonka of Atlanta and you'll hear all about it.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Thing is though he won't have his wheels forever he better learn the other aspects of the game like reading defenses and things like that.

Comment

• Hermanator21
                  Bleed Red, White, and Blue
                  • Mar 2004

He will, he already has. Thats the part where his comp.% will start to rise. It's hard to do when you have Price as your #1 reciever and with a average Oline at best and you can run a 4.4...

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                    because he has the ability to make some of the most amazing plays that have ever been made by a qb in the nfl.. he has made some of the best players on defense look like absolute chumps.. they are trying to build him an adequate group of receivers.. but he has never really had that.. and he got hurt when peerless came in.. but i think they won their final 3 games of the season.. and went from looking horrible to looking tough.. all because of him.

that is why..

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                    Ask this question to the Tatonka of Atlanta and you'll hear all about it.
                    i went to school with him.. i am the tatonka of virginia tech.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

I live in ATL and what he can do with his feet, his body, and his arm is unbelievable if he stays healthy a whole year watch out!
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BoltzFan
                        • Mar 2004

I love this topic, because it strikes home oh so well. If the chance came up yet again, i'd take LT over Vick in a heartbeat.

Vick can make some amazing plays, but the problem is, the afformentioned plays overshaddow the fact that he's a mediocre passer, and everyone wants to ignore his injury issues that are slowly rearing their ugly head.

Anyways, i'm a Charger fan on a Bills forum talking about a Falcons player, so i'll end this now, lol

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

how can you possibly judge him as a mediocre passer?

his arm strength is as good or better than ANYONE in the league.. and he has never had a decent wr to throw the ball to, no?

how many passes did finneran drop?
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Stewie
                            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                            • Aug 2002

No way. Taking a blue chip running back over a blue chip quarterback is a dumb idea. QB's can play 15 years in this league (even the scrambling ones, if they figure out how to throw more effectively). RB's will only last 15 years in the league if you give them 10 carries a year, and even then they might not.

I'm guessing the risk of a career threatening injury is greater with an RB too.
                            Originally posted by Topdog
                            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                            Originally posted by mercyrule
                            I love Weiner.
                            Originally posted by mercyrule
                            also cheese

Comment

• ryjam282
                              Offical Billszone Starting QB
                              • Mar 2003

Hey Tatonka (of VT) :) Ryan Leaf had plenty of arm strength too, what receivers did he have?

Arm Strength does not a QB make. I think Vick has great potential...But the key word is potential, he hasn't really shown much as being a QB. He's a runner but so is McNabb and McNair. They have both toned down the running a lot and are much better QB's as a result. I think Vick will be a very good QB in this league but he isn't one yet. What happens to him remains to be seen, but Flutie made some big time defenders look stupid as well and mostly everyone on here hates the guy but I wish we still had him...

Ryan Withey
                              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

Working...
                              X