PDA

View Full Version : How many of you would like me to NEVER mention Bledsoe again?

Tatonka
03-19-2004, 01:22 PM
just wondering?

:havefun: :luvcig:

ryjam282
03-19-2004, 01:28 PM
I, for one, enjoy your views on Bledsoe. I wouldn't say they are wrong, definitely one sided but I can see your point most of the time. Besides, what else would we have to talk about if you did stop? :)

ryven
03-19-2004, 01:31 PM
I dont care one way or another.

lordofgun
03-19-2004, 01:31 PM
I think you've been talking to a certain internet radio host a bit too much. :D

mikedd74
03-19-2004, 01:36 PM
He will be talked about long after he is gone kinda like our little friend Flutie

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Can I not care either way and not like Tatonka????

:snicker:

J/K of course!!!

Tatonka
03-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

i dont think so.. i just think that i actually came to the realization that he was right.. at least as far as bledsoe is concerned..

Halbert
03-19-2004, 01:39 PM
The option I wanted wasn't listed ...

Mr. Cynical
03-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Tatonka, since you and are I on the same page with respect to Blew Dredsoe (still think that one was one your best), I hope you continue to help me carry on the quest to enlighten the cretinous ones who still refuse to see the light. :priest:

Morgoth
03-19-2004, 01:50 PM
It never had anything to do with whether or not Wys was right or wrong, rather his inability to let things go without everyone else agreeing with him first. Are you starting to feel like your taking it to an overkill level, recognition is the first step to recovery.

I actually think Bledsoe tanked early and hard. I don't think that it can be said that it was only the coaching and the system to blame. A veteran QB should not do many of the things Bledsoe did last year.

BigZ
03-19-2004, 01:54 PM
But necessary isn't every post!

Ebenezer
03-19-2004, 01:55 PM
talk about it...just don't bang on it everyday...

Tatonka
03-19-2004, 02:01 PM
i dont feel like i press the issue that hard.. i get in modes where i see someone make such a ridiculously incorrect statement that i have to interject.. then i get on a rampage for a day or so..

and then i go for a while without discussing it.. other than a few snide remarks.. :snicker:

i am over talking about him today though..

as far as your overkill, morgoth.. i do get tired of having to try to explain the same thing, only to have people just completely ignore the facts that are kicking them in the face.. but yeah.. i get tired of overkill too.. i feel i am in the recovery stage now..

while the rest of you bledsoites are still in denial.. :D

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i dont think so.. i just think that i actually came to the realization that he was right.. at least as far as bledsoe is concerned..
You joined the cult? If I didn't like you I'd be calling you Little Wys. ;)

Morgoth
03-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Maybe the facts are kicking us in the face but you know what they say about leading a horse to water. You can do it but you can't make saviorbledsoe, I mean a horse, drink.

BillsFever
03-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Keep talking about him. According to Phil, we don't know how to watch a game. Us non game watchers need to stick together.

Mr. Cynical
03-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
Keep talking about him. According to Phil, we don't know how to watch a game. Us non game watchers need to stick together.

:lol:

The_Philster
03-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

Never said that...but if all you go on is stats, then yes...you don't understand how the game works.
Remember Super Bowl XXX? O'Donnell threw 2 picks to Larry Brown and the fans were doing everything from calling him a screw-up to accusing him of taking payoffs. One of those picks was a poorly thrown ball and on the other, the WR was supposed to run left instead of right on his cut. It was that obvious...but it's always the QB's fault for every interception, right? :rolleyes:

BillsFever
03-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Never said that...but if all you go on is stats, then yes...you don't understand how the game works.
Remember Super Bowl XXX? O'Donnell threw 2 picks to Larry Brown and the fans were doing everything from calling him a screw-up to accusing him of taking payoffs. One of those picks was a poorly thrown ball and on the other, the WR was supposed to run left instead of right on his cut. It was that obvious...but it's always the QB's fault for every interception, right? :rolleyes:

My eyes tell me he sucks. The stats are just added proof.

The_Philster
03-19-2004, 04:27 PM
My eyes told me he sucked last year. My eyes also told me many parts of the team sucked. Stats ..:rofl:

Michael82
03-19-2004, 04:39 PM

I agree! :snicker:

Tatonka
03-19-2004, 04:50 PM
i like the 4th catagory.. who added that one.. mikey..

and if anyone calles me wys jr..

:chuk:

Morgoth
03-19-2004, 04:58 PM
LOG added the 4th category.

Tatonka
03-19-2004, 05:05 PM
well it looks like 75% of the voters can deal with me *****ing about bledsoe.. which leaves about 25% of the people here against it..

and i think that accurately describes the percentage of people that think bledsoe is still the "savior" as well.

i will tone it down just to keep the peace on the board.. but if come 1 month into the season.. if bledsoe's turnovers are higher than his scores.. oh jesus.. i am gonna blow this place up, and i suspect that i wont be the only one.. you will see alot more of these complete conversions.

Michael82
03-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i like the 4th catagory.. who added that one.. mikey..

and if anyone calles me wys jr..

:chuk:

I did! I also edited the 1st one. :D

Mr. Cynical
03-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Tatonka - take it as a complliment that people say you are the Supreme Drew Basher. I think I probably post close to what you do on the Dredsoe issue and nobody notices me. :wail:

Maybe if I change my name to Wys123? :idea:

Mr. Cynical
03-19-2004, 05:57 PM

I don't think anyone will argue that in any given case you are right, i.e., you have to look at the situation to understand what the stat really means. But what I think we are saying is that over an 11 year span, the anomalies work themselves out and you are left with pretty accurate trending data.

P.S. By we I mean BC/DC.... the Blew Chunks Dredsoe Club!

:band: :rocker:

:jk: I just said that to get a rise from mikey. ;)

Fryin' The Fish
03-19-2004, 06:23 PM
I love your views on Bledsoe because they are the same as mine. Therefore, the must be right which means you should shout em out every day. Keep up the Bledsoe bashing.

mybills
03-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Morgoth
LOG added the 4th category.

Well than, thanks log! :up:

I voted for "I want Tatonka to always bash Bledsoe every day"

Tatonka
03-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by mybills
Well than, thanks log! :up:

I voted for "I want Tatonka to always bash Bledsoe every day"

:rofl:

i dont have the stamina that wys had to do it everyday..

wow.. that sounded dirty.

BuffaloRanger
03-21-2004, 01:36 AM
As long as you don't mind being reminded how wrong you were when Bledsoe tears it up in the first month, ***** all you want.

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
As long as you don't mind being reminded how wrong you were when Bledsoe tears it up in the first month, ***** all you want.

well ... he hasnt proved anyone wrong in 11 years.. so it is highly unlikely that he will this year..

but as i have stated numerous times.. i will be rooting for his sorry ass.. and if he can win some games against some winning teams (not just the scrub teams) then i will be happy to make a public apology for being incorrect.

i am a bills fan.. i just want to see them win.. i dont like bledsoe because he is not a winner and never has been.. and his last 26 games as a bill have been even worse than even i could have expected.. he made his piss poor years in NE look like hall of fame performances.

saviorbledsoe
03-21-2004, 07:00 AM
Option 5 = Tatonka needs a life and is a zone bucks whore :)

pats-were-right
03-21-2004, 08:05 PM

Yeah and after Super Bowl XXX Neil O'Donnell went on to have a long productive career as a starter which showed that he wasn't mediocre after all. :rolleyes:

Does O'Donnell look at the '95 season the same way Bledsoe looks at '97? His one and only true pro bowl season?

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by pats-were-right
Yeah and after Super Bowl XXX Neil O'Donnell went on to have a long productive career as a starter which showed that he wasn't mediocre after all. :rolleyes:

:scratch: Where did I say he was a great QB? I merely pointed out that there's more than the QB involved in pass plays....something that's hard to fathom for some people.

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 08:41 PM
My eyes told me he sucked last year. My eyes also told me many parts of the team sucked. Stats ..:rofl:

Well to alot of people who watched the games last year it appear like Travis Henry wasnt our mvp by picking up those 2-3 yard gains but the stats say that he had an amazing season...So your eyes dont always tell the whole story either

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Ohh and I voted to bash Blewsoe daily, I along with Wys and a few others never wanted him here in the 1st place and said it was a bad idea. Wys was right

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 08:43 PM
:D
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Well to alot of people who watched the games last year it appear like Travis Henry wasnt our mvp by picking up those 2-3 yard gains but the stats say that he had an amazing season...So your eyes dont always tell the whole story either
:scratch:
Last I checked, it was my brain behind my eyes...not yours. I thought he played well last season...based on what I saw...not on stats

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 08:45 PM
:D
:scratch:
Last I checked, it was my brain behind my eyes...not yours. I thought he played well last season...based on what I saw...not on stats

Care pointing out where I said my brain was behind your eyes?? Im glad you thought he played well b.c he did he just didnt look as well as he played over the course of the game

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Care pointing out where I said my brain was behind your eyes??
Hey...looked like you were saying you knew what I was thinking when I watched him. Maybe some people didn't see how well he played without having to rely on the stat sheet but I actually pay better atention to the game than that. :cheers:

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 09:00 PM
"well to alot of people who watched the game"...makes you think that I was tell you what you were thinking?? Ok, well I watched 80% of the games and I saw where he fell short of what I would of liked many times, and to be honest Henry is a very solid back but is nothing more and never will be. 1400 yards is good, but I want more out of my RB.

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 09:02 PM
"well to alot of people who watched the game"...makes you think that I was tell you what you were thinking?? Ok, well I watched 80% of the games and I saw where he fell short of what I would of liked many times, and to be honest Henry is a very solid back but is nothing more and never will be. 1400 yards is good, but I want more out of my RB.

It was more this part
So your eyes dont always tell the whole story either

If you really know what you're watching and pay close attention, your eyes can indeed tell you maybe not 100% of the story...but at least 90%

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 09:08 PM
I disagree, as the eyes are very easy to deceive. What might look like a player is tearing it up on the field (Bledsoe in his first year) actually shows that he had another bad year via the stats.

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 09:14 PM
I disagree, as the eyes are very easy to deceive. What might look like a player is tearing it up on the field (Bledsoe in his first year) actually shows that he had another bad year via the stats.
You talking his first year in Buffalo or in the NFL? If it's the NFL, then I didn't see a single game. I'm guessing you mean in Buffalo and in that case, I'm unwilling to talk about stats as the QB always gets too much blame and too much credit. But I will say this...his struggles in 2002 were apparent as the season went on.

MDFINFAN
03-21-2004, 09:23 PM

At least say his Name, okay I will, Wys was right on this one..Drew needs a great line for him to be effective...He can't do it with little breakdowns on the line..they need to give him 8 seconds per pass...I don't think so in the NFL.....

mybills
03-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

He can't do it with little breakdowns on the line..they need to give him 8 seconds per pass...I don't think so in the NFL.....

Well put! :up:

The_Philster
03-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
At least say his Name, okay I will, Wys was right on this one..Drew needs a great line for him to be effective...He can't do it with little breakdowns on the line..they need to give him 8 seconds per pass...I don't think so in the NFL.....

I wonder how long he'd need if he didn't have so many different reads he had to make? :scratch:

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 03:11 PM

I wonder how long he'd need if he didn't have so many different reads he had to make? :scratch:

Id say 5-7 seconds, bc #1 we still dont know how many reads he was making, you talk like you know the intricacies of killdrives system, which I agree was overly complex but we dont know how many reads he was making. Could be 1, could be 5, could be coverage, could be a blitz, could be the man just couldnt decide or he cant see anymore either way you put it he wasnt getting the job done, point blank period

The_Philster
03-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Id say 5-7 seconds,

Hopefully we'll see much better than that in 2004. If Mularkey has as much input as I think he will, the offense will be a lot more simple with fewer reads...the way he did it in Pittsburgh. It worked for Kordell...and I don't see why it wouldn't for Drew. :up:

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 04:42 PM
I hope your right

Mr. Cynical
03-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Still doesn't explain his missing easy throws on open receivers in the flat. Nor does it explain his inconsistecny over an 11 year span.

But then again you all know this so... ;)

The_Philster
03-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by kal123
Still doesn't explain his missing easy throws on open receivers in the flat.

He locks onto WRs quite a bit...I think he's made a habit of that...looking downfield for bigger plays.
Originally posted by kal123
Nor does it explain his inconsistecny over an 11 year span.

Different coaches, different schemes, yada, yada, yada. I dare anyone to find me a player who plays the same way year after year. Even Montana had to have had a few years he wasn't at his best.

helmetguy
03-22-2004, 07:36 PM
For the record: In an "Empty" backfield set, with five receivers running patterns, each with three situational routes to run, that's a total of 243 possible combinations. It's still a lot of reads.