• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Jeff Blake?

Why not? He's an UFA, no one is looking at him so he'll come cheap. Has starter experience.

And weren't we all looking at him before we got Drew in the first place?

I like Blake.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

No thanks.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Why not? He's better than some unproven Henson and some nobody Volek.

And please don't anyone bring up Doug Johnson.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        Why not? He's better than some unproven Henson and some nobody Volek.

And please don't anyone bring up Doug Johnson.
        I won't bring up Doug Johnson. I just think that if we don't get Volek then we should look at the draft.

Comment

• kal123
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

If we could get Blake real cheap, I'd take him in a heartbeat as long as it meant cutting Blew and drafting a QB. He wouldn't be my first choice, but if we're looking for a QB to primarily be a Delhomme, and if we're looking to the draft as being the answer for the future, then I don't see why not Blake. May as well.

If it means bringing him in as a #2 however, then I don't think we need him. May as well make our rookie QB the #2 and have him come in to get a few games under his belt for the '05 season.

Bottom line is that unless we are going to bring in a legitimate #1, it doesn't matter. Our season will be over anyway.
          Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 03-20-2004, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Demon
            • Mar 2003

I don't think Blake would help us. He's got a really strong arm but do we have the WR's that can go deep? Besides Moulds oviously. Reed is unproven, Aiken is a short gain WR and Shaw is nothign special either.

And if we're going to get someone with Blake's age, we might as well get someone with playoff expierence.
            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• McBFLO
              • Mar 2003

Blake is a notorious locker room pain in the arse too. We're too close to risk any kind of distractions that he may potentially bring.
              Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                New and Improved!!
                • Aug 2003

If all the qb's in the league were on a plane, (except Blake) and it blew up, I may consider bringing him in. maybe.
                Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Blake has a big arm and experience. I'd bring him in as a backup if he would come cheap, but we would still have to take a QB in round 1 or 2.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• John Doe
                    Florida Man
                    • Jul 2002

Blake is a notorious locker room pain in the arse too. We're too close to risk any kind of distractions that he may potentially bring.
                    Well put.

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
                      • Jul 2003

Just because we sign him as a back-up that doesnt mean we cant still draft a rook for the future. I want someone to be able to come in this year to spell an ineffective Drew if ness. Were gonna address the speed at reciever before next season so Blakes arm strength shouldnt be an issue.
                      In Marv We Trust
                      The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                        New and Improved!!
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
                        Just because we sign him as a back-up that doesnt mean we cant still draft a rook for the future. I want someone to be able to come in this year to spell an ineffective Drew if ness. Were gonna address the speed at reciever before next season so Blakes arm strength shouldnt be an issue.
                        well, I would thingkthat Blake would be the last possible option, and the Bills by no means have reached that point yet. Blake sucks. there are plenty more qb's out there that I would take before we settle for that garbage.
                        Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

i would take him in a heartbeat.. he put up better numbers than drew with less to work with in arizona..

15 tds and 19 turnovers in 13 games before he got hurt..

that average out to 18.5 tds and 23.4 turnovers in a season..

how can anyone say that if we got him at league minimum he would not be worth it.

drew = 11TDs vs 24 TOs for 6 million
                          blake = 18 TDs vs 24 TOs for 750k

hmm , tough choice..

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

I've honestly heard nothing of these locker room cancer tales myself. I've seen a little bit of his play over the years and think he'd be better than Volek and could compete with Drew for the #1 job.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• bills_7
                              TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                              • Mar 2004

what about couch?!!??!!

Comment

Working...
                              X