PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Latest Mock Draft

Demon
03-20-2004, 12:30 AM
On ESPNinsider, they have released a new Mock Draft today with the first two rounds.

Buffalo Bills:

13. Chris Gamble - CB - Ohio State

http://espn.go.com/i/media/ncf/2003/1020/photo/gamble_m.jpg

43. Michael Jenkins - WR - Ohio State

Other Noteables:

1. (SD) Eli Manning - QB - Ole Miss
6. (DET) Sean Taylor - S - Miami
7. (CLE) Kenechi Udeze - DE - USC
11. (PITT) Ben Roethlisberger - QB - Miami-Ohio
19. (MINN) Will Smith - DE - Ohio State
25. (GB) Philip Rivers - QB - North Carolina ST
38. (ATL) Rashaun Woods - WR - Oklahoma ST

Thoughts?

ShadowHawk7
03-20-2004, 01:44 AM
hmmm... after we sign TV, and we have McGeem we get a faitly raw CB? I don't think so....

lunatic_bills_fan
03-20-2004, 06:12 AM
Yeah shadowhawk I hear ya, I am still seeing a lot of Mock drafts updated in the past few days that are still saying we need to fill the void that AW left. I dont think there is anyway we draft a CB in the first rd.

SABURZFAN
03-20-2004, 06:35 AM
gamble is a horrible pick at #13.

Mr. Miyagi
03-20-2004, 07:04 AM
What?? GB takes Rivers at 25? If Rivers falls to us I think we'll get him.

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-20-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Definately

Michael82
03-20-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH
Definately

Then you have both fallen victim to TD's deceiving. :snicker:

I'm surprised that Rivers would fall that far. Miami would definitely take him if he is there at their pick.

McBFLO
03-20-2004, 07:31 AM
That mock draft was ridiculous. There is no way we take a CB at 13 now after signing TV. If Rivers is there, he's a Bill. Foxsports has Rivers falling to #30 ( Ithink) and going to KC. Are these so-called "experts" insane?

Michael82
03-20-2004, 07:35 AM
Why does everybody think Rivers will be a Bill? What kind of facts make you think this? :scratch:

McBFLO
03-20-2004, 07:44 AM
I saw something on sportsline a couple weeks back, cant find the link, but Wyche was just raving about him. He's too good a talent to pass up. Whats not to like about him. I would be shocked if they passed on him at #13.

Michael82
03-20-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by pepperkorn
I saw something on sportsline a couple weeks back, cant find the link, but Wyche was just raving about him. He's too good a talent to pass up. Whats not to like about him. I would be shocked if they passed on him at #13.

I wouldn't! It's not TD's MO to brag about a guy publicly that he wants to draft. This whole thing about Big Ben or even Phil Rivers falling to the Bills makes me think that a trade down is the most likely. Look what happened in 2001, that's what I can see happening again. Look for someone big that we all want to be there and TD works a little magic to trade down in the lower 20s and get a solid player, plus an extra 2nd rounder.

Novacane
03-20-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Why does everybody think Rivers will be a Bill? What kind of facts make you think this? :scratch:

They think that because they want that. I think he will be there for us and TD will pass on him.

Michael82
03-20-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
They think that because they want that. I think he will be there for us and TD will pass on him.

I think that TD will go a different route. I'm starting to believe TD will grab a WR or TE in the 1st round. Or maybe he'll end up trading the pick. Hell, I don't know! None of us do! :D

McBFLO
03-20-2004, 08:30 AM
TD hasn't really said anything about Rivers, only Wyche has as far as I know. True, I do want Rivers to be a Bill, but I can't see them passing on him if he's there. He has the experience to step in this year if Drew ****s the bed or gets hurt. Drew aint gonna be around forever....

Michael82
03-20-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by pepperkorn
TD hasn't really said anything about Rivers, only Wyche has as far as I know. True, I do want Rivers to be a Bill, but I can't see them passing on him if he's there. He has the experience to step in this year if Drew ****s the bed or gets hurt. Drew aint gonna be around forever....

How can you expect a QB to start or even take over in their 1st year? That's just stupid! Rookie QBs should not be thrown out on the field right away, most of them need a year or TWO to develop.

Jan Reimers
03-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Why, with Clements, Vincent, McGee and Thomas - not to mention areas of real need - would we take Gamble at 13?

Michael82
03-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Why, with Clements, Vincent, McGee and Thomas - not to mention areas of real need - would we take Gamble at 13?

Because he would be the best available if TD does it...or because he is planning on letting Clements walk in 2 years. :mad:

TigerJ
03-20-2004, 09:47 AM
I will assume that ESPN was working on that mock while the TV negotiations were still in progress and his destination was still up in the air. I can't believe they would be that stupid otherwise.

DraftBoy
03-20-2004, 10:19 AM
River will need at least 1 year if not 2 (as Mikey pointed out) to develop. #1 his offense in NC state was not an NFL like offense, and regardless of what all his supporters say about his mechanics its quite simple that what ever team he goes to is gonna try and fiddle with it...No denying that regardless of his results in college. I rather take Losman in rd. 2 or wait till day 2 and take Kent.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-20-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82

Hang on one sec Mikey, not "everyone" thinks that way.

:popcorn:

bernielivsey_1
03-20-2004, 10:51 AM
He will be the best available QB at 13 if he's there thats why were thinking he might be a Bill.

McBFLO
03-20-2004, 10:58 AM
You're putting words in my mouth. I'm not saying he'll take over for him and eventually be the team's starter this year, but if Drew continues to play subpar football, he might be able to come in and at least gain some experience. If we do draft him, I'd rather we have a viable backup and have him be #3 for this year. But, the way it's looking, that may not happen. Who knows?

Tatonka
03-20-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
gamble is a horrible pick at #13.

had to be before we picked up tv

mypoorfriendme
03-20-2004, 12:33 PM
TV is not a long term solution. i dont think well draft gamble but its not too far-fetched considering gamble is pretty raw as of now but has the best upside of any corner in this draft. it would take gamble a couple seasons to develop so once TV retired or moved into FS, wed have the replacement ready

Tatonka
03-20-2004, 12:36 PM
i dont think gamble is the best cb in this draft.. i am not that high on my alum Hall either.. but i would take him over gamble..

i would take robinson or straight over gamble as well..

gamble is very raw.. one year at cb in college.. and he ran a friggen 4.6 at his workout.. twice.

The Spaz
03-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i dont think gamble is the best cb in this draft.. i am not that high on my alum Hall either.. but i would take him over gamble..

i would take robinson or straight over gamble as well..

gamble is very raw.. one year at cb in college.. and he ran a friggen 4.6 at his workout.. twice.

Are you sure Gamble played only 1 year at CB. I know he played WR at times but his true position was CB. I could be wrong but that's what I thought.

Tatonka
03-20-2004, 12:42 PM
maybe i phrased that wrong.. he played cb before, but not full time..

"Needs to Improve;
Chris is not yet a finished product. Unusual for Ohio St., but Chris did not devote his attention full time to the position until just this year. He still needs to learn about technique and right now is better in zone than man to man. He guesses a little too much right now. This will all get better with experience."

http://thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profiles/ChrisGamble.htm

mypoorfriendme
03-20-2004, 01:20 PM
but this is why wed get him over the rest, we cuold give him a few years to develop and give him the CB experience needed. and i havent seen him play a ton, but he is i know the most athletic cb in the draft and from what most sites say, he has the most upside and potential out of all the other cbs; it just might take him a couple years or so.

reguardless, i dont want gamble at 13, but if TD really did feel the need to go with a CB, id go with gamble or hall

DraftBoy
03-20-2004, 02:04 PM
I like derrick straight as the best CB in the draft...Hall as the fastest and Robinson as the best in pure coverage

SABURZFAN
03-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

i agree.that's why i think gamble is a horrible pick.

SABURZFAN
03-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

had to be before we picked up tv

you could be right.

Demon
03-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I will assume that ESPN was working on that mock while the TV negotiations were still in progress and his destination was still up in the air. I can't believe they would be that stupid otherwise.

Nope.

Here's the "Comment" ESPNinsider put under Gamble -

"The Bills temporarily replaced Antoine Winfield with Troy Vincent, but Vincent is aging, and they need to adress that position with a young potential starter early in the draft. Gamble would be the ideal prospect, because while his upside is extremely high, he will need a year as a sub-package cornerback to contineau to improve his overall coverage ability. Gamble's recognition skills and overall technique need the most improving, but has terrific potential because of his rare overall athletisicm."

Bert102176
03-20-2004, 10:53 PM
I'm not saying the Bills will draft Rivers I believe he will be there and I just hope we draft him, I don't really care for Bledsoe after the last year and a half

bruuuce
03-21-2004, 03:28 AM
i really think we will trade down, there is so much comparable talent later in the draft, why not pick up an extra pick and get a couple of players who may not be the flashiest but will perfectly suit us. who would you want at #13? i'll guarantee you it wont be rivers. udeze and smith will likely be gone though we wouldn't pick them anyway because td has repeatedly said he's happy with our de situation. there are no good linemen or te at this position. we definitely wont draft a cb. i see us trading into the mid 20s and selecting one of the following: michael jenkins or ben troupe. late first, mid second, late second, mid third. gaining an extra second rounder, we will then package our original second, third, and fifth rounders for a late first and late fourth.
late first: michael jenkins
later first: jake grove
late second: (ben watson)
mid fourth: josh harris
late fourth: bo schobel
if we can then package both 7ths, bobby shaw, and our late second round pick to a team in need of a cheap but fairly solid receiver for their early second round pick. then that late second up above would turn into an early second and allow us to steal ben watson as well. wow! we would be sick.
actually i don't think there is much chance of this happening, unless we're talking madden2004, but it does seem possible. every one of those trades is realistic. none of the picks are reaches.

Dantheman1280
03-21-2004, 06:32 AM
i say we do what ever we can to trade up and get mike williams!! He will be an automatic difference maker oppisite Moulds!!