PDA

View Full Version : What are you personal goals for McGahee and Henry this year?

BillsFever
03-20-2004, 09:47 PM
I'd like to work McGahee in slowly at the start of the year. Hopefully McGahee will show why he was gonna be a Top 3 pick, then we could use Henry as trade bait next year.

I'd like to see Henry with about 300 carries for 1,300+ yards, and see McGahee get the rock around 100-150 times and give us an idea of what he is capable of.

If McGahee shows he can handle the load, then trade Henry next year for a 1st round pick and put the rock in McGahee's hands in 2005 as the full time starter.

The Natrix
03-20-2004, 09:52 PM
As long as Henry starts where he left off, I will be perfectly content with the running game, but not TD.

I hope Willis becomes a beast, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if his injury effects him like Marcus Jones', Antonio McDyess' and Bo Jackson's did.

BillsFever
03-20-2004, 09:56 PM
I'm hoping McGahee comes back as the RB he was supposed to be before the injury. I like Henry but he isn't anywhere close to the level of the top dogs like McAllister, Portis, and them other guys.

bernielivsey_1
03-20-2004, 09:57 PM
K Davis and T Thomas played together for a few years so why cant Willis and TH. We should stop trying to trade our best players. Besides if one goes down we have the other to fall back on. Look at Vick and Chad....if they had capable backups their season wouldnt have been a bust.

BillsFever
03-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
K Davis and T Thomas played together for a few years so why cant Willis and TH. We should stop trying to trade our best players. Besides if one goes down we have the other to fall back on. Look at Vick and Chad....if they had capable backups their season wouldnt have been a bust.

Davis was never a 1st round draft pick and never had the potential to be a real threat as a starter in the NFL, so he was content as a good backup to Thurman Thomas.

Henry is a starter, and if McGahee proved he could be a starter then it would never work. No way them guys would wanna split carries for a few years or so.

The Natrix
03-20-2004, 10:04 PM
I just find it hard to believe that he can get back to where he was, and not have the injury be a problem. The way his knee buckled was sickening. To think that an NFL hit (Winfield) couldn't easily reinjure him, is just idiotic.

Until he proves me wrong, I will look at him as soft. I can not discount the fact that it took so long to get a contract done. I also can not discount the fact that 22 NFL franchises passed on him. I also can not discount the fact that Henry is a freakin animal and played with a fractured fibula. Therefore Willis is going to have to show he is the next Barry Sanders in order o justify dealing Henry unless it is for the 1st, 2nd, or maybe 3rd pick overall, or a clearly superior NFL player.

Sorry Willis, you have to earn respect.

Stewie
03-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
I'm hoping McGahee comes back as the RB he was supposed to be before the injury. I like Henry but he isn't anywhere close to the level of the top dogs like McAllister, Portis, and them other guys.

From his first game back from injury to week 16 or so, Henry led the league with a 5.5 average. With broken ribs. And a broken leg. I think he's in that league.

Bled2Hen
03-20-2004, 11:50 PM
T-Hen is great. You guys are smoking pot who dont think so. He is better than Mcailster, Portis, and Lewis. Only he has to go against quality teams in his division. Come on, John Madden can run through clevlands defenseive line, and Mcalister has a good o-line. Henry has nothing. No o-line, superbowl team in his division he has to face twice a year, and he played last year on a broken fu***** leg, and still managed to gain 1,400 yards on the season. Mcalister, Portis, and Lewis all got the ball 30 or more times a game. T-Hen got it between 20-25 a game. He is the best back on our team, and i hope he shuts eveybodys mouth this season.

Bled2Hen
03-20-2004, 11:52 PM
damn straight paulB

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2004, 01:50 AM
My goal is for McGahee to prove he was worth a 1st round pick. If he does, than I think he should start. Henry is a good, hard, tough runner but he is not the type of back that scares other DCs. He doesn't have the speed or the moves to break open games. McGahee on the other hand does (if he is 100%, that is).

However, if McGahee is a bust or is less than what he was, then I think Henry is perfectly capable of helping the Bills win.

Any way you look at it, in 2004 we are in good shape at RB. :D

It is 2005 that will be interesting. :snicker:

Stewie
03-21-2004, 02:06 AM
Lets just hope that they both get through the season injury-free.

John Doe
03-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Lets just hope that they both get through the season injury-free.

Amen to that. Remember what happened to our running game last year when Henry went down: there wasn't one. If the Bills are going to run the ball a great deal more than last year then using McGahee is a must and he will see significant minutes. I for one think that he can make it all the way back and his impact will be fealt in the late stages of the game when the defense is tired. If he can add 650 yards to our rushing total of last year, the Bills will be a pretty good team.