PDA

View Full Version : Henry/McGahee Beyond 2004

bruuuce
03-21-2004, 12:42 AM
We all must admit that we seriously questioned TD last year when the Bills signed Henry to an extension right before drafting Willis McGahee in the first round last year. Now it should prove the brilliance of our GM as well as being evidence to the future of both backs.

The extension allows us one year to experiment with McGahee while still possessing a probowl caliber running back. After 2004, if both running backs are a success, Travis Henry will still be under contract (thanks to the extension) and will allow us to receive compensation when we trade him. Otherwise he would be a FA and we would be in the same position we were with Winfield this year, deciding whether we should tag him or not. McGahee will be the choice to stay if he proves himself next year because he is younger, cheaper, under contract longer.

Should Henry succed and McGahee fail, it seems likely that both backs would return to Buffalo because we would not trust the organization to an unproven back nor would we be able to earn much through a trade of McGahee.

Should McGahee succeed and Henry fail, Henry's worth would have to be assessed at this time to see if he would be worth a trade. He has been very successful so far in his career (the difference between him and McGahee) and therefore (depending on how big of a failure the season was) would still be worth significant value in a trade.

Should both fail, well that's not an option.

In my opinion, there is no chance that we trade McGahee next season, however, there is a significant chance that this will be Henry's last year in Buffalo, unfortunately.

Bled2Hen
03-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Henry is the better back, he will prove it this season, you watch and see. If we trade T-Hen, Donahoe is on the pipe and needles. He is Powerful and ran for 1,400 yards last season with a horrible o-line, on a broken fibula, and with cracked rib cartialge and a missed game. You put him on a good o-line, he is the next coming of Jim Brown. Donahoe, should have never had chosen Mcgahee. I am very excited to see what both these guys are going to do this coming season, but if there is talk about trading Henry if Mcgahee has a better year, which he won't, then I hope that Mcgahee has a horrible season, because Travis is the better back, and he is going to prove it this season.