PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo fit the bill for CB Vincent

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 05:19 AM
Mark Curnutte, Cincinnati Enquirer
So why did Troy Vincent choose Buffalo instead of Cincinnati? Simply put, the free agent cornerback thought the Bills were closer to the Super Bowl than the Bengals.
He agreed to terms Monday.

"I just want to fit in," Vincent said. "I didn't want to go to a place where I was the key, where I was the component that was going to get this team to the Promised Land. I spoke last year in a very similar situation with Hugh Douglass (the ex-Eagles defensive lineman). I said, 'Hugh, the last thing you want to do is go to a place where you have to be the difference because if the team doesn't have success - which they didn't last year in Jacksonville - you become the fall guy.' ...
more (http://bengals.enquirer.com/2004/03/21/ben2in.html)

Halbert
03-21-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Mark Curnutte, Cincinnati Enquirer
So why did Troy Vincent choose Buffalo instead of Cincinnati? Simply put, the free agent cornerback thought the Bills were closer to the Super Bowl than the Bengals.

Ya think?

If Bledsoe rebounds, the Bills have as much talent as anybody in the league. If he doesn't, well, hello screw-ville.

Jan Reimers
03-21-2004, 06:25 AM
If we truly use a power running game this season - and Henry and McGahee are as productive as many of us think they can be - Drew just needs to be good, not great.

Goobylal
03-21-2004, 06:33 AM
The O-line needs to step-up, whether it's for Bledsoe, or the RB's. It all starts up-front as they say. No QB would have had success in the Bills' offense last year, with the play of the O-line, and injuries to Moulds and Henry.

Jan Reimers
03-21-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Goobylal
The O-line needs to step-up, whether it's for Bledsoe, or the RB's. It all starts up-front as they say. No QB would have had success in the Bills' offense last year, with the play of the O-line, and injuries to Moulds and Henry.

Well said. But you'll never convince the Bledsoe Bashers.

Goobylal
03-21-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Tell me about it. It's a cult on the order of the Flutie Flakes.

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Originally posted by Goobylal
Tell me about it. It's a cult on the order of the Flutie Flakes.

stop your crying.. i know damn well that the line was bad and contributed to bledsoes horrible play.. but bledsoe has made mistakes that no 11 year vet should make over the last 26 games as a bill.. period.. if your too blind to see that, then fine.. keep blaming the oline completely.