PDA

View Full Version : Bills approach Schobel about extension

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 10:34 AM
reported from bills daily.. i havent found anything in the buffalo news about it yet.

"Bills Approach Schobel: Next year the Bills have several big names becoming free agents and they want to get at least one of them locked up earlier. The Buffalo News is reporting that the team has broached the subject of a contract extension with Aaron Schobel. He has led the team in sacks in his first three years in the league and is a free agent after the 2004 season. Another big name that will also be a free agent then is Jonas Jennings. No word yet on if the team will approach him about a new deal before next off season."

can anyone confirm?

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
reported from bills daily.. i havent found anything in the buffalo news about it yet.
Take a look at the front page ;)
www.billszone.com

Michael82
03-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Schobel talks
The Bills have broached the subject of a contract extension with defensive end Aaron Schobel. Schobel has had 6.5, 8.5 and 11.5 sacks in his three seasons, and his contract runs out after 2004. Presuming he doesn't have a bad year, there's no question it will be cheaper to sign Schobel now than February or next March. We'll see if the Bills initiate talks with left tackle Jonas Jennings, who also is up after this year and is well worth keeping. Most of the time, these type of extension talks last well into the spring or early summer.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040321/1054338.asp
------------------------------------------

WOO HOO! That's good news! Let's hope he doesn't try to lowball him and gives him a solid offer so we can extend Schobel for another 5-6 years. :pray:

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-21-2004, 11:26 AM
This is a great for Bills if they lock Schobel up now.

BillsFever
03-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Lets do it now :pray:

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 11:52 AM
i might be open to drafting bo schobel if it would keep aaron here..

The Spaz
03-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i might be open to drafting bo schobel if it would keep aaron here..

You never can have enough high motor never quit guys on a team.:up::beer:

http://conferenceusa.com/photos/1236.jpg
<b>Bo Schobel</b>