• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bills_7
    TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
    • Mar 2004

were the bills that boring to watch

being from southwestern Ontario the local broadcasted games r always the bills.... last season alomost after every bills game i would here my friends and random people complain how boring the bills were to watch.... now some of my friends like the boys, packers and bucs.... but when ever they dont have a dish available they r stuck watching the bills so they gave me a hard time last season.... i always thought r games were tight and exciting (well most of them anyway) but i guess u have to be a bills fan to respect a low scoring tight battle..... i rather see us beat a good team in a tight defesive battle and scoring late to win..... then wacthing us blow some team out (dont ask me why).... Im still a young guy but when i get older i dont think i can watch the bills enless i wanna have a good chance of heart problems.... i dont know how u old guys do it!!! lol

does anyone else like the tight defensive games???
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Defensive games are underrated. It can be like a chess match..always trying to outguess your opponent
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Sep 2003

we played lots of close games which were fun to watch... but we got squashed in a few big games and we always choked at end of games which is heartbreaking

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

I totally agree, the games were boring as hell....

I blame Gilbride, and his infamous 1st down pass (incomplete), 2nd down run, 3rd down pass (incomplete), 4th down punt offense!

Honestly, every damn time we were on offense, we were punting.

hopefully it improves this year

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

I wouldn't say it was boring just say it pissed me off royally because the playcalling was so freaking scripted game #3 was the same as #4-16.

Comment

• bills_7
            TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
            • Mar 2004

ya i didnt find it boring i luv defensive games when it involves the bills.... but if watching other teams other then the bills i not so sure i would want to watch a defensive battle .... the OFF made me so mad though.... if we had anykind of an oFF last yr we coulda made a playoff run... but hey lets hope that happens this season

Comment

• r_ruffolo
              • Aug 2003

This year was not fun. Most of the games were duds.

Last year was great for casual fans. High scoring, 400 yard passing games, remember the 2nd quarter of the Raiders game.

Anyway, I loved the defensive football from '98-'00. Those were some great games. I never had confidence in last year's D. They never cracked down when they needed too. Remember the Indy game, they fell apart when they needed to hold the lead. Although the O lost a lots more games for us.

Comment

• bills_7
                TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by r_ruffolo
                This year was not fun. Most of the games were duds.

Last year was great for casual fans. High scoring, 400 yard passing games, remember the 2nd quarter of the Raiders game.

Anyway, I loved the defensive football from '98-'00. Those were some great games. I never had confidence in last year's D. They never cracked down when they needed too. Remember the Indy game, they fell apart when they needed to hold the lead. Although the O lost a lots more games for us.

ya thats true but the d cant do everything espacially if the o is doing nothing to help

Comment

• Halbert
                  I'm Not Normal
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                  Defensive games are underrated. It can be like a chess match..always trying to outguess your opponent
                  True.

But that's when both defenses are just on that day. Unfortunately the only guessing you had to do was what mistake the Bills train wreck offense would make. Penalty? Sack? Throwing yet again on 3rd and short? Or just another 3-and-out?

That was some of the most painful football I've ever watched.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                    • Apr 2003

the cowboys game was the only game i got bored with this season. however that was a WHOLE lot more enjoyable than the cheifs game....that was terrible
                    the dude abides

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Halbert
                      True.

But that's when both defenses are just on that day. Unfortunately the only guessing you had to do was what mistake the Bills train wreck offense would make. Penalty? Sack? Throwing yet again on 3rd and short? Or just another 3-and-out?

That was some of the most painful football I've ever watched.
                      True that. If it's a case of the defenses just being on, it can be a beautiful thing. But when the offense is simply inept like ours was, it's sickening
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

I'd say, with GW's and KG's horrendous coaching, that last year's games were more frustrating than boring. It's hard to be bored when you're blood is boiling and you want to strangle the coaches.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• shelby
                          The Vanilla *****
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          I'd say, with GW's and KG's horrendous coaching, that last year's games were more frustrating than boring. It's hard to be bored when you're blood is boiling and you want to strangle the coaches.
                          Good point Jan...i agree!

Comment

• imbondz
                            Democrats are people too
                            • Jan 2003

last season was hands down one of the most frustrating and boring Bills season in a long time. almost every game was boring. except the first 2.
                            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• elltrain22
                              • Sep 2003

Every time we were on offense, I just wanted to shoot myself, but our dee was pretty nasty last year.
                              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                              X