PDA

View Full Version : Al Davis wants Travis Henry?

BillsFever
03-21-2004, 12:16 PM
I don't have a link. I guess it came from the ESPN Magazine. The Bills are supposedly in talks with the Raiders for a deal involving Travis Henry for their #2 pick in the draft.

Stay tuned.

The Spaz
03-21-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
I don't have a link. I guess it came from the ESPN Magazine. The Bills are supposedly in talks with the Raiders for a deal involving Travis Henry for their #2 pick in the draft.

Stay tuned.

I heard this on another board forget which one. Yeah I guess Al Davis is interested in Corey Dillon or Travis Henry.

Michael82
03-21-2004, 12:27 PM
No ****ing way! No way! Don't you dare trade Henry! McGahee is a gamble and we don't know how his knee will be this season! If they want Henry...I want the Raiders' 1st round pick this year and next year. :mad:

On second thought...Eli Manning, Larry Fitzgerald, Robert Gallery, Sean Taylor, Mike Williams.... :drool: :up:

:bandwagon

The Spaz
03-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
No ****ing way! No way! Don't you dare trade Henry! McGahee is a gamble and we don't know how his knee will be this season! If they want Henry...I want the Raider's 1st round pick this year and next year. :mad:

Come on Raiders...make a trade with the Bengals and leave Henry ALONE!!! :mad:

Calm down Mikey!:spit: :rofl:

CWOUSARET
03-21-2004, 12:31 PM
I'd make the deal for thier #1 pick.

Michael82
03-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Calm down Mikey!:spit: :rofl:

No! :madfire:

mypoorfriendme
03-21-2004, 12:35 PM
two number ones would be too good to pass up even if mcgahee IS only mediocre which im positive he wont be. just think....almost anyone we want in this draft be it fitzgerald, mike williams, kellen winslow, robert gallery, sean taylor, trade down and get anyone...... :drool:

BillsFever
03-21-2004, 12:36 PM
I'd trade him in the blink of an eye for the #2 pick in the draft.

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Very tempting, especially given Henry will the never be the game breaker you would want at a RB....Henry for a #2.....Id love to get another early pick next season with it: Henry for #2 and conditional 3rd (ala what Texans wanted for Henson) and Id jump

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 12:43 PM
yeah.. i would have a tough time not doing that.. but this is all a rumor till i see a link or something..

i can tell you that i would not be unhappy going into the draft with mcgahee and picking up greg jones in the 2nd round.

SoCalBillsFan
03-21-2004, 12:47 PM
I wouldt do the trade. Even if we got someone like fitzgerald, if magahee doesnt work out the trade will be a bust. you can't replace pro-bowl running backs. I'd rather have henry thatn fitzgerald.

Magahee is just a prospect as of yet. I want to see what he can do first.

Michael82
03-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
yeah.. i would have a tough time not doing that.. but this is all a rumor till i see a link or something..

i can tell you that i would not be unhappy going into the draft with mcgahee and picking up greg jones in the 2nd round.

That's true. They could always fill the RB spot with a rookie. And it isn't very often that you get the #2 overall draft pick. Hmmm, if we had it...who to take? Eli Manning? Larry Fitzgerald? Mike Williams? Sean Taylor? Robert Gallery? :drool:

Or we could move down a little bit from #2 and still get one of these studs, plus an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd round. :drool:

Okay, I'm jumping on this bandwagon.... :bandwagon:

:D

The Spaz
03-21-2004, 12:49 PM

That's true. They could always fill the RB spot with a rookie. And it isn't very often that you get the #2 overall draft pick. Hmmm, if we had it...who to take? Eli Manning? Larry Fitzgerald? Mike Williams? Sean Taylor? Robert Gallery? :drool:

Or we could move down a little bit from #2 and still get one of these studs, plus an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd round. :drool:

Okay, I'm jumping on this bandwagon.... :bandwagon:

:jawdrop::snicker:

Michael82
03-21-2004, 12:51 PM
If the Bills did the trade...we could get an Eli Manning, Larry Fitzgerald or some other stud with the #2 pick and then still grab another top notch player at 13. Then they could pick a RB like Greg Jones, Chris Perry, Julius Jones in the 2nd round. :up:

Michael82
03-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Very tempting, especially given Henry will the never be the game breaker you would want at a RB....Henry for a #2.....Id love to get another early pick next season with it: Henry for #2 and conditional 3rd (ala what Texans wanted for Henson) and Id jump

Henry for the #2 overall and a conditional 3rd round pick in 2005. I'd jump on that one! :up: :bandwagon

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
I wouldt do the trade. Even if we got someone like fitzgerald, if magahee doesnt work out the trade will be a bust. you can't replace pro-bowl running backs. I'd rather have henry thatn fitzgerald.

Pro Bowl running backs cannot be fully replaced but they can partily be replaced...even if we have to sign a vet over the hill RB like James Stewart he could provide some more stability...I would not be so worried about dealing Henry for a top pick

Michael82
03-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Pro Bowl running backs cannot be fully replaced but they can partily be replaced...even if we have to sign a vet over the hill RB like James Stewart he could provide some more stability...I would not be so worried about dealing Henry for a top pick

Actually, after analyzing what we could get with the #2 pick...I'm starting to agree with you. Besides, you'd still have the #13 and your 2nd rounder (I think #10) that you could use for another RB and get a future star like Greg Jones. :up:

BillsFever
03-21-2004, 12:56 PM
The life span of a RB is very short and they can easily be replaced. There shouldn't even be a discussion if this was to happen.

BillsFever
03-21-2004, 12:58 PM
From the rumor the sticking point is that Davis wants the #13 too. Have him throw in their 2nd rounder along with it and it would be more then fair.

SoCalBillsFan

I dont think that will make us a better team though. WE have a guy who can rush for 1400 yards, that is HUGE in the NFL. Especially now since bledsoe has not played well. Henry was the offense is several games last year.

Let's say we get fitzgerald, and magahee is mediocre. Does that really make us a better team? Have a reliable, consistent ground game is more important, IMO.

now if we do the deal and magahee becomes a pro-bowler, that would be awesome:D but at this point I dont think we can safely assume that.

BillsFever
I doubt even Al Davis is stupid enough to give up a #2 pick alone for Travis Henry.

SoCalBillsFan
03-21-2004, 12:59 PM
There shouldn't even be a discussion if this was to happen.

then stop talking about it :snicker:

:jk:

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 01:00 PM

I dont think that will make us a better team though. WE have a guy who can rush for 1400 yards, that is HUGE in the NFL. Especially now since bledsoe has not played well. Henry was the offense is several games last year.

Let's say we get fitzgerald, and magahee is mediocre. Does that really make us a better team? Have a reliable, consistent ground game is more important, IMO.

now if we do the deal and magahee becomes a pro-bowler, that would be awesome:D but at this point I dont think we can safely assume that.

1400 yards in the NFL is not what it was 3 years ago, now its more like 1500-1600 yards being huge. When every year or so u got a guy or 2 going after 2000 yards then 1400 with no big gains doesnt seem all that big to me.

BillsFever
03-21-2004, 01:00 PM
then stop talking about it :snicker:

I said IF this were to happen :)

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 01:01 PM
:puke: just the thought of this makes me sick

SoCalBillsFan
03-21-2004, 01:04 PM

1400 yards in the NFL is not what it was 3 years ago, now its more like 1500-1600 yards being huge. When every year or so u got a guy or 2 going after 2000 yards then 1400 with no big gains doesnt seem all that big to me.

DO you remember how bad our passing game was last year? Those 1400 yards kept us in games, its the one part of our offense I DON't want to give up. Getting Fitzgerald would be great, but we would be relying upon the passing game a lot more than if we keep henry.

As for the "no big gains" for henry, I agree that is a problem. But it also makes his 1400 yards more impressive. It isn't padded by long runs, it was a tough 1400 yards. Maybe some guys are getting close to 2000 every year, but having a guy who can get 1400 yards is still very important to the offense.

Michael82
03-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Or you could do this...

Trade Henry for the #2 overall...

San Diego takes Larry Fitzgerald at #1. Eli Manning falls to Buffalo at #2, draft Manning, cut Drew Bledsoe. Draft a receiver or best available at #13. Draft a RB like Greg Jones or Chris Perry in the 2nd round. And then let McGahee show his stuff this year, if he isn't back to normal, get the rookie out there and let him show his stuff. :D

Michael82
03-21-2004, 01:07 PM
From the rumor the sticking point is that Davis wants the #13 too. Have him throw in their 2nd rounder along with it and it would be more then fair.

That is a little more than I'd want to give up. If they want a star back, like Travis Henry...then they better give up their #2 overall, their 2nd rounder, and a conditional pick in 2005, in exchange for Travis Henry and the #13 overall. :D

SoCalBillsFan
MIkey, I'd be more inclined to do it for a guy like manning, a potential franchise QB, than for a WR like fitzgerald.

DraftBoy

DO you remember how bad our passing game was last year? Those 1400 yards kept us in games, its the one part of our offense I DON't want to give up. Getting Fitzgerald would be great, but we would be relying upon the passing game a lot more than if we keep henry.

As for the "no big gains" for henry, I agree that is a problem. But it also makes his 1400 yards more impressive. It isn't padded by long runs, it was a tough 1400 yards. Maybe some guys are getting close to 2000 every year, but haveing a guy who can get 1400 yards is still very important to the offense.

Do you remeber how bad our whole offense was?? I have to say that a big reason why our passing game was so bad was four reasons: 1. Coaching 2. Bledsoe 3. OL and 4. No respect to our running game to burn them....Henry not being a game breaker means that defenses can sit back and not worry about trying to stop Henry at the line b.c hes not gonna be able to juke you out or burn you on the corner you can sit back and wait for him almost or chase him down and thats a big reason I think our passing game was so non-existent....I will say though that he had a great year but losing him in my mind would hinder the team all that much especially for a top 3 pick

Tatonka
i would rather grab a prospect like fitzgerald or mike williams that high.. than a qb.. definately dont want a qb that high..

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Fitzy or Mike Williams could you imagine???

Michael82
03-21-2004, 01:10 PM
MIkey, I'd be more inclined to do it for a guy like manning, a potential franchise QB, than for a WR like fitzgerald.

Yeah, but Fitzgerald is going to be awesome and imagine him and Moulds together!??! :drool:

Michael82
03-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Fitzy or Mike Williams could you imagine???

:drool:

Michael82
03-21-2004, 01:12 PM
i would rather grab a prospect like fitzgerald or mike williams that high.. than a qb.. definately dont want a qb that high..

Even Eli Manning?!??! :eek:

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Yeah, but Fitzgerald is going to be awesome and imagine him and Moulds together!??! :drool:

How would Drew get them the ball without a proven running back to take attention away from the pass?

BillsFever
03-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Some people have Travis Henry overvalued. If we were fortunate enough to get the #2 pick for him then take the #2 pick and laugh all the way to the draft with Manning or Fitzgerald.

Don't ge me wrong, Henry is good but nowhere near the gamebreaker or level that the top RB's in the NFL are. There are plenty of RB's just as good as Henry right now, and plenty that will come out in the draft over the next couple years that will be just as good as Henry is.

There is more to the RB position then just running. Henry is an avearage at best blocker and receiver, and he won't make any of them game changing plays. Henry is someone a DC needs to account for, but he isn't keeping any DC's sleepless at night either.

DraftBoy
Originally posted by The_Philster

How would Drew get them the ball without a proven running back to take attention away from the pass?

He couldnt get the ball there last year with a proven RB so I dont see your point

SoCalBillsFan
tat, in general you are right, I dont like going after top 5 QBs. On the other hand, i can better justify giving up a franchise running back for a franchise QB than giving up a franchise RB for a franchise WR.

Draftboy, I disagree that henry hurts our passing game, he only helps it. Teams dont sit back and say, "hey, let him get 5 yards on us on first or second down." We couldnt pass for plenty of other reasons, several of which you stated.

I see the merits of the trade, and I wouldnt be crushed if it happened. But I think Henry is very valuable to this team.

Michael82
03-21-2004, 01:15 PM

Drew would be gone! If the Bills pulled off this trade...I have a feeling that they'd say goodbye to Drew Bledsoe and use the cap money to sign Volek/Blake or even trade for Jon Kitna to be the starter for this season and would draft someone at #13 or in the second round. :D

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 01:15 PM

NOOO!!!! I agree with my co-expert Eli is not that good! I dont want him I think he will be much worse than his bro

SoCalBillsFan
03-21-2004, 01:16 PM

Don't ge me wrong, Henry is good but nowhere near the gamebreaker or level that the top RB's in the NFL are. There are plenty of RB's just as good as Henry right now, and plenty that will come out in the draft over the next couple years that will be just as good as Henry is.

point well taken, henry does lack the gamebreaker-component. I hope if we trade him magahee can give us that....

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 01:16 PM
He couldnt get the ball there last year with a proven RB so I dont see your point

Of course not...he was making more reads than any QB should do...held onto the ball too long. Mularkey simplified Gilbride's offense in Pittsburgh by cutting down the number of reads the QB had to make and the QB's play improved.

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Draftboy, I disagree that henry hurts our passing game, he only helps it. Teams dont sit back and say, "hey, let him get 5 yards on us on first or second down." We couldnt pass for plenty of other reasons, several of which you stated.

He never hurt the passing game, and I never said he did, but he certainly didnt help it any either, by making teams stack the line to try and contain him.

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 01:17 PM

Of course not...he was making more reads than any QB should do...held onto the ball too long. Mularkey simplified Gilbride's offense in Pittsburgh by cutting down the number of reads the QB had to make and the QB's play improved.

I agree with all that but that still doesnt prove your proven RB point

Michael82
03-21-2004, 01:18 PM
point well taken, henry does lack the gamebreaker-component. I hope if we trade him magahee can give us that....

That would be the only way this trade happens...if TD knows that McGahee has healed up and is 100% and looks really good in mini camp and practices. That would be the reason why TD would do this trade. Or he could say, forget Henry...even if McGahee isn't ready, TD could draft Henry's replacement in the 2nd round. :D

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 01:19 PM
Drew would be gone! If the Bills pulled off this trade...I have a feeling that they'd say goodbye to Drew Bledsoe and use the cap money to sign Volek/Blake or even trade for Jon Kitna to be the starter for this season and would draft someone at #13 or in the second round. :D
That doesn't change the problem. No proven back means defenses get to tee off on the passer...no matter who the passer is.

SoCalBillsFan
03-21-2004, 01:20 PM

I have to say that a big reason why our passing game was so bad was four reasons: ...4. No respect to our running game to burn them....Henry not being a game breaker means that defenses can sit back and not worry about trying to stop Henry at the line

sorry, I guess I thought that being a "big reason why our passing game was bad" meant he hurt our passing game...my mistake...

Look, if we can find a comparable running back, than this trade would be awesome. But if we do this and magahee doesn't perform well, our offense will struggle mightily again. It's a risky move, that's for sure, especially with bledsoe at QB, to have an inexperienced running back to rely on.

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Look, if we can find a comparable running back, than this trade would be awesome. But if we do this and magahee doesn't perform well, our offense will struggle mightily again. It's a risky move, that's for sure, especially with bledsoe at QB, to have an inexperienced running back to rely on.

:bf1: Why risk it just to move up a few slots in a deep draft?

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 01:24 PM

That doesn't change the problem. No proven back means defenses get to tee off on the passer...no matter who the passer is.

Cant tee off on a QB if you got 2 game changing WR, you cant leave them in 1-on-1 coverage

SoCalBillsFan
03-21-2004, 01:25 PM

Cant tee off on a QB if you got 2 game changing WR, you cant leave them in 1-on-1 coverage

no but you can sit back in coverage all day if you know the offense cant run.

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 01:25 PM

Deep draft this is, but we all know that there is a monstrous drop off from a player at #2 to a player at #13. The top 3 would be where you would expect to get those game breakers not down at 13.

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Cant tee off on a QB if you got 2 game changing WR,

You can if you don't have to commit to playing against the run...

Michael82
03-21-2004, 01:26 PM

Because the #2 overall is more than just a few slots! :D

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Ok so if we go 3 or 4 WR's and you blitz how you gonna cover them all 1 on 1 and no expect to get burned?? If we play the right system it would be ok

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Deep draft this is, but we all know that there is a monstrous drop off from a player at #2 to a player at #13. The top 3 would be where you would expect to get those game breakers not down at 13.

How many big holes do we have to fill that we need a top-3 gamebreaker so much that we'll toss away our offensive MVP to get?

BillsFever
03-21-2004, 01:29 PM
The fact is RB's have a short life span in the NFL. If they can stay productive at a high level till their 30 then you should feel pretty fortunate.

Henry's trade value is the highest it will ever be. He only has two years left on his contract and then you're talking mega bucks to bring him back. Most likely he would be gone after that. If you can get the 2nd pick in the draft for him this season then there is no way you pass him up.

STAMPY
03-21-2004, 01:35 PM
henry 4 number 2 and tyrone wheatly as insurance for mgahee... i'll jump on that even tho i love henry... chance at eli

Samphin1
03-21-2004, 02:07 PM
I agree with the poster who said that Travis Henry is overvalued. I don't think the Raiders woudl trade the number 2 pick for him straight up. Perhaps for him and the 13, I could see that as a little more plausible.

Davis, traditionally, doesn't like to trade out of his spot in the draft. If he did, it would have to be for somethign that would really knock his socks off. Henry just foesn't strike me as that guy. The only reason this would make sense is due to the Raiders having a lot of holes and if they get Henry and your 13, it helps fill one while having a top pick to fill another.

This is risky from the BIlls standpoint too. Henry is proven, Willis isn't. Who is to say that WIllis doesn't get injured again or generally just doesn't get it done? Then you have no one to fall back on and let's say your draft pick doesn't do well either, then you S.O.L.

Couple these with the fact that I don't see a link anywhere and I doubt this comes to pass. Just my thoughts on it. Buffalo is better off with Travis this year, than without him.

bills_7
03-21-2004, 02:11 PM
is manning suposed to go first??
or can we get him if we had the second pick???

STAMPY
03-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
is manning suposed to go first??
or can we get him if we had the second pick???

its possible sd will go with fitz cause they got rid of boston... and may not be ready to give up on the drew brees project yet

Novacane
03-21-2004, 02:20 PM

SO would I. I can't believe we would ever get that.

Demon
03-21-2004, 02:28 PM
I only read a few of the pages. So sorry if this was said.

But would Oakland take our 13th pick also?? If we deal Henry for their 2nd overall and keep our 13th, i think we should really consider it. Although i don't think Oakland would want to though.

BAM
03-21-2004, 02:28 PM
pass on this. keep Henry. it's probably just a bunch of BS anyways

STAMPY
03-21-2004, 02:40 PM
imagine landing manning at 2 and grabbing winslow or roy williams at 13

BAM
03-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
imagine landing manning at 2 and grabbing winslow or roy williams at 13

ok maybe we can trade him :up:

The Natrix
03-21-2004, 02:48 PM
I would be for it if we keep the #13.

I disagree with Draftboy that there is a "monsterous" drop off between #2 and #13. There is a drop off but it is not worth giving up Henry, even if we get their second rounder. Now #13 to a second rounder is a "monsterous" drop off.

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2004, 02:54 PM
This is not even remotely hard to choose....if the #2 is on the table, I'd pat Henry on the back, give him a pair of sunglasses and sandals and put him on the next flight out. It is that simple.

People! Wake up! Our offense has SUCKED A** for a long time now. There really is nobody besides Moulds that is not replaceable. Any chance we get to get premier talent on the team we need to take it. A #2 is worth Henry many times over. I've said it a dozen times now, Henry is a solid, hard runner but is not a gamebreaker. As such he is replaceable.

Please Al....go out and have a few gin and tonics and make that call to TD!!!! :drool:

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
I would be for it if we keep the #13.

I disagree with Draftboy that there is a "monsterous" drop off between #2 and #13. There is a drop off but it is not worth giving up Henry, even if we get their second rounder. Now #13 to a second rounder is a "monsterous" drop off.

So then there would be no dropoff or not as big as one as I see it between Big Ben/Eli and Phillip Rivers who many see as 2nd round talent but a 1st round need of many teams, beyond the top 7 players (Williams (mike, roy), eli, ben, gallery, taylor, fitzy) there is a big dropff about how good these players can and will be the only one I would say outside of them that is a solid pick at doing well would be Winslow but hes got an attitude problem...so yea Id say the dropoff is pretty big

ScottLawrence
03-21-2004, 03:06 PM
I wouldn't do it..... Henry was our ONLY offensive threat last year.

At least wait one year before even thinking of trading Henry. Who knows how MaGahee will bounce back from his injury.

NO THANKS.

Ed
03-21-2004, 03:06 PM
I agree that Henry doesn't have the value of an overall #2 pick, but the thing that weighs heavily in our favor is his contract. I mean what does the #2 pick normally get, a 12-15 million dollar signing bonus? When you consider the Raiders always seem to have cap problems, that's a lot of money saved, and in exchange you're getting a proven RB in his prime who makes what, less then 1 million a year? I think that's a pretty good deal for Al Davis because Travis Henry is going to be the biggest bargain in the NFL over the next two years regardless of what team he's playing for.

If we have to give up the #13 pick as well, I don't think I'd be in favor of a deal. Henry for the #2 straight up would be hard to pass up though.

Will McGahee Fast
03-21-2004, 03:08 PM
The old saying is top running backs are a dime a dozen... You cant prove that wrong.

Now I dont think Al would trade teh #2 for JUST Henry. If he wants our #13 along with Henry, I would do the trade only if we got their 2nd rounder as well.

The fact of the matter is, this is a deep draft and we do not need to trade Henry to move into the top 3, when we can draft someone like Reggie Williams or Rivers at 13.

B-DON
03-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Big Leelo (Oakland, Ca): Hey Mort, What do you thi nk the Raiders will do come draft day? Do you see them trading down and picking up a few picks in the later rounds, or do you see them drafting a reciver or QB in their current position? We have so many holes to fill, I personally can't see them staying put at #2 unless they make some moves via FA, in which theve been extremely slowon. Your input would be appreciated greatly!

Chris Mortensen: I'm hearing some rumblings that the Raiders could enteratin a slight trade-down with the Giants. If they stay there, I see the Raiders most likely taking one of the three big WRs (Fitzgerald, Roy Williams or Mike Williams) and/or Gallery.

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by B-DON
Big Leelo (Oakland, Ca): Hey Mort, What do you thi nk the Raiders will do come draft day? Do you see them trading down and picking up a few picks in the later rounds, or do you see them drafting a reciver or QB in their current position? We have so many holes to fill, I personally can't see them staying put at #2 unless they make some moves via FA, in which theve been extremely slowon. Your input would be appreciated greatly!

Chris Mortensen: I'm hearing some rumblings that the Raiders could enteratin a slight trade-down with the Giants. If they stay there, I see the Raiders most likely taking one of the three big WRs (Fitzgerald, Roy Williams or Mike Williams) and/or Gallery.

Man I hope Mort's wrong! :nosign:

The Natrix
03-21-2004, 03:22 PM

how could the Raiders get either Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, or Mike Williams <b><big>AND</big></b> Gallery?

B-DON
03-21-2004, 03:27 PM
also if anyone has insider on espn.com they have an article about the chargers and raiders trading down. i dont have insider so someone should check it out and report back with it

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 03:40 PM
also if anyone has insider on espn.com they have an article about the chargers and raiders trading down. i dont have insider so someone should check it out and report back with it

I ain't seeing it but they do have a note how the Raiders are only willing to give up a 3rd rounder for Corey Dillon...who's a more proven back than Henry

STAMPY
03-21-2004, 03:53 PM
I ain't seeing it but they do have a note how the Raiders are only willing to give up a 3rd rounder for Corey Dillon...who's a more proven back than Henry

i don't agree dillon is on the decline. i'd take henry over dillon anyday of the week

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
i don't agree dillon is on the decline. i'd take henry over dillon anyday of the week

I would too....but Dillon has the stats advantage which, according to some people, are all that matter

helmetguy
03-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Gotta laugh at the logic here. Let's see, give up a known quantity in Travis Henry for a high first round pick; presumably a WR. Add to that a lynch mob mentality that wants Bledsoe's head on a platter. Okay, so far so good. NOW, we'd have to replace Henry with some unknown quantity (and McGahee IS an unknown, at this point) and the QB with either a career back-up(Volek) or one of the draft darling QB's (again, unknown quantity). Hmmmmm. Would I make that trade? The other alternative, drafting the WR with that pick. If Bledsoe is as bad as some think he is, who's going to get the ball to that draft darling WR? NOW would I make that trade? I'd be more likely to crawl naked through broken glass and bathe in lemonade. This is one of the most absurd debates I've seen yet.

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
I'd be more likely to crawl naked through broken glass and bathe in lemonade.

:eek: that's an image I could've done without

SoCalBillsFan
03-21-2004, 04:12 PM
People are saying Henry is overvalued...how bout the value of unproven draft picks? At least with henry we know we have a great running back.

I always thought the quote was good recievers are a dime a dozen...

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 04:18 PM
I'd say a proven player is worth more than a draft pick myself. We know what we've got in Travis Henry...a strong back who was our offensive MVP last year. For every Payton Manning or Keyshawn Johnson that is drafted, there's at least one Ryan Leaf/Akili Smith or Eddie Kennison/Yatil Green

SABURZFAN
03-21-2004, 04:29 PM

you better add a 2nd rounder this and next year's 1st rounder to get my attention.then i might be interested in the trade.

SABURZFAN
03-21-2004, 04:33 PM

neither would i.i'd grab gallery with the Raiders pick and pick up steven jackson with our pick.(the #13)

SoCalBillsFan
03-21-2004, 04:34 PM
inetersting idea to grab gellery...

move jennings to center?

B-DON
03-21-2004, 04:35 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=1763276

here is the link of chgargers and raiders talking about moving down. at least thats what the link says

SABURZFAN
03-21-2004, 04:37 PM

Henry for the #2 overall and a conditional 3rd round pick in 2005. I'd jump on that one! :up: :bandwagon

i'm glad you're not calling the shots.you look at what the FISH gave up for r.williams and compare their numbers for the first 3 years in the league.you'll see that the numbers are similar.i'd want something similar to what the Saints got.

SABURZFAN
03-21-2004, 04:39 PM

Actually, after analyzing what we could get with the #2 pick...I'm starting to agree with you. Besides, you'd still have the #13 and your 2nd rounder (I think #10) that you could use for another RB and get a future star like Greg Jones. :up:

greg jones is horrible.once again,i'm glad you're not calling the shots in this organization.:moon:

B-DON
03-21-2004, 04:39 PM
i dont have insider so im not sure

elltrain22
03-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Don't do it:nosign:

SABURZFAN
03-21-2004, 04:41 PM

davis can go get :madcurse:

that wouldn't benefit the Bills any whatsoever.henry is a better RB than most people think.

Demon
03-21-2004, 04:42 PM

It doesn't say anything. If you click on the link, it takes you to the Mock Draft which they posted a few days ago with Buffalo taking Chris Gamble with the 13.

Under SD (taking Eli Manning) they comment: "SD will first look to deal the pick," and then go into why they won't and why Manning is a good pickup.

For Oakland's profile (for taking Larry Fitzgerald), they write "Al Davis might look to deal because they have more needs then just at QB," but then they go into why Fitzgerald is the excellent pick for them.

They don't have any rumours on who they might be dealt to or what they are looking in return. Links like that is just ESPN trying to get people to buy their Insider... which is why i bought it. :(

B-DON
03-21-2004, 04:42 PM
greg jones is fire and will definetly be a star. thats why your a sabres fan stick to hockey if your going to say dumb things with out backing them up

B-DON
03-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Demon

It doesn't say anything. If you click on the link, it takes you to the Mock Draft which they posted a few days ago with Buffalo taking Chris Gamble with the 13.

Under SD (taking Eli Manning) they comment: &quot;SD will first look to deal the pick,&quot; and then go into why they won't and why Manning is a good pickup.

For Oakland's profile (for taking Larry Fitzgerald), they write &quot;Al Davis might look to deal because they have more needs then just at QB,&quot; but then they go into why Fitzgerald is the excellent pick for them.

They don't have any rumours on who they might be dealt to or what they are looking in return. Links like that is just ESPN trying to get people to buy their Insider... which is why i bought it. :(

thanks!!!!!!!!

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 04:45 PM
greg jones is fire and will definetly be a star. thats why your a sabres fan stick to hockey if your going to say dumb things with out backing them up

There are no definites in the draft. Never have been. :shakeno:

B-DON
03-21-2004, 04:47 PM
gallery isnt a definite,williams and fitzgerald arent definites? i tend to disagree they will all be for sure stars

SABURZFAN
03-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Or you could do this...

Trade Henry for the #2 overall...

San Diego takes Larry Fitzgerald at #1. Eli Manning falls to Buffalo at #2, draft Manning, cut Drew Bledsoe. Draft a receiver or best available at #13. Draft a RB like Greg Jones or Chris Perry in the 2nd round. And then let McGahee show his stuff this year, if he isn't back to normal, get the rookie out there and let him show his stuff. :D

:shakeno:

SABURZFAN
03-21-2004, 04:49 PM

greg jones is overrated.

SABURZFAN
03-21-2004, 04:56 PM

yeah..but henry's cap figure is a lot less than most of the superstar RBs.henry is younger and cheaper which drives up the asking price when it comes to a trade.henry is worth at LEAST 2 1st round picks.

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 04:58 PM
gallery isnt a definite,williams and fitzgerald arent definites? i tend to disagree they will all be for sure stars

No one is a definite...not in this league. Ki-jana Carter, Dan Wilkinson, Heath Shuler, and Tom Couch were all considered "definites, can't miss prospects." Two of them have been average at best, one was injured early on and never regained his college form, and the other was a joke.

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
yeah..but henry's cap figure is a lot less than most of the superstar RBs.henry is younger and cheaper which drives up the asking price when it comes to a trade.henry is worth at LEAST 2 1st round picks.

True...and I don't see Davis giving that up.

SABURZFAN
03-21-2004, 05:01 PM
inetersting idea to grab gellery...

move jennings to center?

gallery is gonna be a fixture in the NFL barring injuries or mental breakdowns.this kid will be one of the best LT in the game.

SABURZFAN
03-21-2004, 05:02 PM

True...and I don't see Davis giving that up.

then i don't see us trading henry to the Raiders.

:monkey: a.davis

Marvelous
03-21-2004, 05:04 PM

Amen! No F-n way we give up Henry for a prospect!!!!!
He is out most productive player. <FACT
Howabout McGahee for a pick, or McGahee for Oaklands 1st next year ...

Sippio
Henry Supporter

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Gotta laugh at the logic here. Let's see, give up a known quantity in Travis Henry for a high first round pick; presumably a WR. Add to that a lynch mob mentality that wants Bledsoe's head on a platter. Okay, so far so good. NOW, we'd have to replace Henry with some unknown quantity (and McGahee IS an unknown, at this point) and the QB with either a career back-up(Volek) or one of the draft darling QB's (again, unknown quantity). Hmmmmm. Would I make that trade? The other alternative, drafting the WR with that pick. If Bledsoe is as bad as some think he is, who's going to get the ball to that draft darling WR? NOW would I make that trade? I'd be more likely to crawl naked through broken glass and bathe in lemonade. This is one of the most absurd debates I've seen yet.

One thing you need to realize though...outside of Moulds, our offense is for all intents and purposes average-to-crap. I think people need to realize we need to rebuild it, not reload it. Therefore I have no problem whatsoever trading a known "good" quantity in Henry for a chance to get a real playmaker. A risk? Yes. Worth it? Yes. At this point we need to take risks and any player on the offense is expendable imo except Moulds.

justasportsfan
03-21-2004, 05:35 PM
we can trade Henry for their no.1 pick and use that to draft Clarett.

Damn I'm so good I should be a GM.

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by kal123
One thing you need to realize though...outside of Moulds, our offense is for all intents and purposes average-to-crap. I think people need to realize we need to rebuild it, not reload it.
How many holes do you see us having? Keep in mind that the biggest problem we had last year (Gilbride) is gone. Travis Henry was our offensive MVP last year...not Moulds. We don't have anything proven behind him and besides, if people actually think Al Davis is gonna give up a #2 slot without expecting a hell of a lot in return..besides Travis Henry, I'd kinda like to know what kind of blackmail we have on the guy.

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
we can trade Henry for their no.1 pick and use that to draft Clarett.

Damn I'm so good I should be a GM.

:lol: Careful...some people might go for that.

justasportsfan
03-21-2004, 05:39 PM

:lol: Careful...some people here might go for that. What's so funny I was serious :shakeno:

Samphin1
03-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Wow, I can't believe that some of you think Henry is worth a first rounder, let alone two. Ricky was had for two first rounders but at least it was with an escalator clause which meant he had to perform greatly in ordr for the Saints to get two first round draft picks.

Henry, in most circles, (meaning outside of Buffalo fans) isn't considered a better back than Ricky and even I think we overpaid for Ricky (although I would do it again if need be). I don't think this trade would be good for either team. Henry would falter on Oakland and you guys would be opening up a potential hole in an already weak offense.

However, if for some ungodly chance Davis agreed to pick up Henry for just the number two, Donahoe should jump on it. No one would ever offer anything better and Davis would have officially lost his marbles.

Again though, no links to this story so I consider this nothign but speculation and bs at this point. Kind of like the Ravens' board thinking they were getting Chris Chambers for a third rounder!

Bert102176
03-21-2004, 05:56 PM
I'm with Mikey their 1 this year and their 1 next year if they want him bad enough they'll do it I think Henry is the man and if we do trade him offer our 3rd this year and 4th next year to the Bungles for Dillon

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 05:57 PM

yeah.. even eli.. i am not even that big on taking big ben at 13 if he were to fall.. i would much rather see us trade down to a team that would be going gaga over him being there at 13.

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2004, 05:57 PM
How many holes do you see us having? Keep in mind that the biggest problem we had last year (Gilbride) is gone. Travis Henry was our offensive MVP last year...not Moulds. We don't have anything proven behind him

Well, Moulds was hurt alot of the year, and you know who we had throwing to him when he was in there, so..... ;)

Seriously though, when was the last time you felt we had a top notch offense after Kelly and Co. left? Ok, the first half of '02 we were lighting it up, but it didn't last. Basically a fluke/aligning of the stars.

Let's take a look at the offense position by position:

QB: Bledsoe. I think you know where I stand on that one. :D
WR: Moulds. Not replaceable.
WR: Reed. I like him and I think he will break out this year, but at this point he is replaceable.
WR: Shaw, Aiken, etc. Nothing special. All replaceable.
RB: Henry. Good, solid back who runs hard but also has a propensity to fumble and does not break open games. Although above average, he is still replaceable.
RB: McGahee. Can't tell yet.
RB/FB: None else to worth mentioning. All replaceable.
TE: Campbell. Replaceable.
RT: Mike Williams. Depends on who you ask, but I think he is probably the closest to Moulds on the not replaceable list.
RG: Pucillo? Tucker? Sullivan? Who? Replaceable.
C: Teague. Average to poor at C. Replaceable.
LG: Villarial. Don't know yet, but Brown, a Pro Bowler, was replaceable. At best Villarial will be a lateral move, maybe a bit better.
LT: Jennings. Special? I don't think so. Solid? Yeah, I think so. Replaceable? Yep.

So outside of Moulds and Williams (and obviously McGahee until we know what's what) I think any of these players have alot of room to be updgraded. However, I don't want nor think we should dump the whole team and create a cap hell. But on any given day if we have the chance like a Henry/#2 situation I would jump on it in a New York minute.

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Looks to me like the only holes on offense you have pegged at at C (which I agree with),
QB (which Mularkey should be able to fix at #1..unless you think Kordell Stewart is a smarter QB than Drew)(just need a backup which we can get with that #13 pick)
and FB (which I agree with)

Also, Villariel is locked in at RG...not LG

and like I asked, what kind of blackmail do we have on Davis that we could get him to trade his #2 pick to us for Travis?

Alluro
03-21-2004, 06:03 PM

One thing you need to realize though...outside of Moulds, our offense is for all intents and purposes average-to-crap. I think people need to realize we need to rebuild it, not reload it. Therefore I have no problem whatsoever trading a known &quot;good&quot; quantity in Henry for a chance to get a real playmaker. A risk? Yes. Worth it? Yes. At this point we need to take risks and any player on the offense is expendable imo except Moulds.

I almost screamed Eureka! when i read this! This team is NOT close enough to a superbowl where we need a player here and player there..we are in rebuilding mode. In order to change the direction of the team, we have to blow up the roster and not just reload. Bledsoe is of course the fulcrum of the offense and he needs to go...Henry doesn't have to be traded, but if you can get a prospect like manning for him, you HAVE to make that deal. ... I agree with the poster that said Henry and the #13 for the #2 and Oakland's 2nd rounder is more than fair.

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2004, 06:06 PM
Phil - I think you read a different post than mine. That, or you need to put the beer down first. ;)

What I meant (and may not have communicated effectively) is that outside of Moulds, Williams and McGahee, I would dump the entire offense if I could do it without getting into a cap situation. They are at best average (exception of Henry being good), and at worst horrible.

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 06:10 PM
I'd be more likely to crawl naked through broken glass and bathe in lemonade.

"are you horny, baby?" - austin powers.

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 06:11 PM
:rolleyes: i give up...let's just blow up the roster since some people have given up on the season just because they think Kordell Stewart is smarter than Bledsoe and they think that Al Davis would actually do this deal.

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2004, 06:15 PM
:rolleyes: i give up...let's just blow up the roster since some people have given up on the season just because they think Kordell Stewart is smarter than Bledsoe and they think that Al Davis would actually do this deal.

Not the whole roster. Just the offensive one (and I do mean offensive.....yuk, yuk). :up:

And for the record, I don't think Kordell is smarter than Drew. Just look at their bank accounts. Drew wins. ;)

And also for the record, I don't think Al will do this deal. But it was fun to have the dream for the day. :drool:

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 06:16 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=1763276

here is the link of chgargers and raiders talking about moving down. at least thats what the link says

doesnt even come remotely close to mentioning anything to do with henry or the bills..

like i said.. this is probably some stupid rumor that was started on some other bills board or something..

helmetguy
03-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Screw the Super Bowl for the moment. Let's get to the damned playoffs first. If we were to build our roster as some here have suggested, I could see us making the playoffs in 20notinourlifetime! Do you guys demolish a house, just because a faucet leaks?

Alluro
03-21-2004, 06:18 PM
l

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Do you guys demolish a house, just because a faucet leaks?

Um...you call the disaster that is our offense a "faucet leak"? More like a 100 ft diameter hole in the middle of the Hoover dam!

helmetguy
03-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Point being-fix what you can fix. Don't scrap it all just to start from scratch, unless you're playing Madden.

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 06:26 PM
guys.. TD didnt draft WM because he has supreme confidence in henry.. henry is not far removed from a guy that was fumbling every game and getting benched for it.. he is the type of running back that will never be priest holmes.. on his best day, travis is every bit the rb of a steven davis.. but there is a big difference between priest and davis..

henry is NOT coming back to buffalo after his contract expires. .not after the whole mcgahee thing.. he is history.. are we going to win the superbowl in the next 2 years while we have him? probably not.. not with bledsoe.. not with a brand new coaching staff (no other rookie coach has come close to it).. so why not build for the future now..

now, this rumor is a bunch of ****.. and will never happen.. but if it was a reality.. and we could get the 2 pick and keep our 13 pick.. or give up our 13 pick and get their 1st and 2nd.. then i would do it.. thats just me..

you take a risk going with WM.. and obviously you wouldnt make a trade like this unless you saw him practice.. and then you take the big plunge and go w/ the risk.. we spent a 1st on him.. why not just continue with the huge risk..

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Um...you call the disaster that is our offense a "faucet leak"? More like a 100 ft diameter hole in the middle of the Hoover dam!

You're talking as if we need to blow up our entire offensive roster.
Let me give you a history lesson.
Gilbride was the offensive coordinator of the Steelers a couple of years before he came to us. His offense included a lot of reads that confused Kordell. The following year, Mike Mularkey took over and simply took away some of those reads and options. Kordell subsequently played well enough that he made, deservedly so, the Pro Bowl.
We have, as you pointed out, 3 holes on the offense. Unless Kordell Stewart is viewed to be a smarter and better QB than Drew (and that's hilarious), there's a very good chance Drew will improve in 2004 with Mularkey, Clements, and Wyche working with him.

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Do you guys demolish a house, just because a faucet leaks?

if i made drew bledsoe's salary, i would.

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 06:28 PM
why are we even arguing about this.. rofl.. this is and never will be an option..

lets just drop it..

Ebenezer
03-21-2004, 06:28 PM
I would take Oakland's 1st this year and a conditional in 2005 for TH.

Alluro
03-21-2004, 06:29 PM
Point being-fix what you can fix. Don't scrap it all just to start from scratch, unless you're playing Madden.

The players that give us any chance of competing on offense (outside of moulds) IMO are Willis McGahee, are Josh Reed, are the players we could get with our potential draft picks. Moulds is irreplacable in my opinion on offense, but everyone else is fair game to be traded or upgraded. Realistically speaking, the only player with any trade value that might net us a real franchise caliber player is henry.

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 06:29 PM
why are we even arguing about this.. rofl.. this is and never will be an option..

lets just drop it..

I agree..anyone thinking Al Davis would go for this has to have blackmail on the guy. :lmao:

Ebenezer
03-21-2004, 06:30 PM
I agree..anyone thinking Al Davis would go for this has top have blackmail on the guy. :lmao:

AD has done weirder crap than this...

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
AD has done weirder crap than this...

He's only willing to give up a 3rd rounder for Dillon...who actually sees him willing to give up a first and a conditional or more for Travis?

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2004, 06:37 PM
henry is NOT coming back to buffalo after his contract expires. .not after the whole mcgahee thing.. he is history.. are we going to win the superbowl in the next 2 years while we have him? probably not.. not with bledsoe.. not with a brand new coaching staff (no other rookie coach has come close to it).. so why not build for the future now..

you take a risk going with WM.. and obviously you wouldnt make a trade like this unless you saw him practice.. and then you take the big plunge and go w/ the risk.. we spent a 1st on him.. why not just continue with the huge risk..

Couldn't have said it any better. :up:

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 06:39 PM
:bravo:

as irrelivant that this whole debate is.. :rofl:

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2004, 06:41 PM
You're talking as if we need to blow up our entire offensive roster.
Let me give you a history lesson.
Gilbride was the offensive coordinator of the Steelers a couple of years before he came to us. His offense included a lot of reads that confused Kordell. The following year, Mike Mularkey took over and simply took away some of those reads and options. Kordell subsequently played well enough that he made, deservedly so, the Pro Bowl.
We have, as you pointed out, 3 holes on the offense. Unless Kordell Stewart is viewed to be a smarter and better QB than Drew (and that's hilarious), there's a very good chance Drew will improve in 2004 with Mularkey, Clements, and Wyche working with him.

I ask you again, when was the last time you felt we had a top notch offense?

And I pointed out alot more than 3 holes...I said we have 3 keepers, not holes. :)

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 06:49 PM
I ask you again, when was the last time you felt we had a top notch offense?

Beginning of 2002...only fluke I see was that Gilbride was actually utilizing the talent on the roster.

And I pointed out alot more than 3 holes...I said we have 3 keepers, not holes. :)

Look again...3 keepers and 3 holes. You see a major hole at QB, you listed no one at FB, and you mentioned Teague as average to poor. Everyone else, the worst you said was replaceable. In this league, you worry about actual holes that are problem areas. This isn't a fantasy league or Madden where we can get away with dumping anyone who isn't an all-Pro.

The Spaz
03-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Is this thread about Bledsoe? This is about a trade rumor for christ sakes.:madcurse:

helmetguy
03-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Is this thread about Bledsoe? This is about a trade rumor for christ sakes.:madcurse:

Another "Flavor of the Month" discussion.

ScottLawrence
03-21-2004, 07:14 PM
I can't see TD trading Travis Henry anyway just yet.

Hes not that stupid.

Demon
03-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
I can't see TD trading Travis Henry anyway just yet.

Hes not that stupid.

We wouldn't be "just trading" Henry away. We'd be getting either Mike Williams or Eli Manning in return.

If we keep the 13th, i'd do it. Donahoe could be Western NY's god if he lands Mike Williams with the #2 and say Big Ben with the 13th.

Chris Perry also seems like a solid RB and will be there in the 2nd round, although, if we have 3 picks in the first 3 rounds, i don't think we should go offense on each, but that's just me.

wbat27
03-21-2004, 07:27 PM
personally I would take gallery and mave either mike or jennings inside and take best possible at 13. Poss. even trade down and take grove and get a extra second.

Turf
03-21-2004, 07:38 PM
I actually read this entire thread.

BuffaloRanger
03-21-2004, 07:40 PM
me too

Michael82
03-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Still thinking about the possibility of this trade and.... :drool:

The_Philster
03-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Still thinking about the possibility of this trade and.... :drool:

you need a bib? :baby: :snicker:

Ebenezer
03-21-2004, 08:49 PM
He's only willing to give up a 3rd rounder for Dillon...who actually sees him willing to give up a first and a conditional or more for Travis?

I said what I would trade him for...if the other party is not interested it is their loss...AD is sitting back trying to get quality because he sees what TD and David Boston went for and thinks he can get all pros for a song...TD is not in a force sale situation...it's the first rounder or no deal.

Novacane
03-21-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

you better add a 2nd rounder this and next year's 1st rounder to get my attention.then i might be interested in the trade.

Oh my Gosh. Who do you think Henry is..Jim Brown? The saints got nowhere near that for Ricky Williams (2 late first rounders) and only the second #1 because he had an 1800 yard year after being traded.

We would be lucky to get the #2 pick for Henry. Al Davis is not stupid enough to do even that IMO. Your proposal makes Henry out to be the god of all running backs.

Michael82
03-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Oh my Gosh. Who do you think Henry is..Jim Brown? The saints got nowhere near that for Ricky Williams (2 late first rounders) and only the second #1 because he had an 1800 yard year after being traded.

We would be lucky to get the #2 pick for Henry. Al Davis is not stupid enough to do even that IMO. Your proposal makes Henry out to be the god of all running backs.

LOL! I gotta agree! SABURZFAN's trade would get vetoed instantly if this were a fantasy football team. People would think he was on crack or something. :snicker:

helmetguy
03-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Hell, if I'm the seller, and I have a coveted proerty, the buyer can meet my price or pound sand. If AD wants my feature back, and I don't know what I have to replace him with, I'm gonna squeeze AD for everything I can. If he's THAT seriois, he will. If not, it's his loss, not mine.

Ebenezer
03-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Hell, if I'm the seller, and I have a coveted proerty, the buyer can meet my price or pound sand. If AD wants my feature back, and I don't know what I have to replace him with, I'm gonna squeeze AD for everything I can. If he's THAT seriois, he will. If not, it's his loss, not mine.

and because it is AD you bleed him dry.

cordog
03-21-2004, 09:27 PM

BINGO!!! Well said Helmetguy

Novacane
03-21-2004, 09:32 PM

LOL! I gotta agree! SABURZFAN's trade would get vetoed instantly if this were a fantasy football team. People would think he was on crack or something. :snicker:

Really! Saburz is probably one of those fantasy players that offers offers a back up TE and a crap WR for someones top RB. There is always one in every league that offers ridiculas trades.

LIQUID24
03-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Guys, I'm holding this issue of ESPN the magazine right now. This is all it says "Look for the Raiders to pursue Corey Dillon or Travis Henry."
That's all it says. There is absolutely no mention of the #2 pick. Theres no way Al Davis would do that deal straight up. Personally, I respect Henry, but you guys would be lucky to get a late 1st rounder for him. A 2nd rounder is actually more realistic. We all know running backs can be found in the middle rounds.

There was also a rumor that the Raiders would trade the #2 for Ogunleye. Some of my fellow Dolfans were actually dumb enough to beleive it.

Demon
03-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by LIQUID24
Guys, I'm holding this issue of ESPN the magazine right now. This is all it says &quot;Look for the Raiders to pursue Corey Dillon or Travis Henry.&quot;

Which ESPN the Magazine issue is it? The one with Miguel Cabrera on the cover? Thanks.

LIQUID24
03-21-2004, 09:54 PM

Which ESPN the Magazine issue is it? The one with Miguel Cabrera on the cover? Thanks. No, it's Jermaine O'Neal on the cover.
Its in the NFL "hot reads" section towards the back.

Demon
03-21-2004, 10:05 PM
No, it's Jermaine O'Neal on the cover.
Its in the NFL &quot;hot reads&quot; section towards the back.

I see, thanks.

Is the Jermaine O'Neal issue the newest issue? Because if not, wouldn't this story be 2 weeks old? lol

LIQUID24
03-21-2004, 10:08 PM

I see, thanks.

Is the Jermaine O'Neal issue the newest issue? Because if not, wouldn't this story be 2 weeks old? lol
I just got the issue this week. I'm not sure if newsstands get it first though. It's the one after Cabrera on the cover.

Demon
03-21-2004, 10:11 PM

I just got the issue this week. I'm not sure if newsstands get it first though. It's the one after Cabrera on the cover.

Ahh i see. Thanks again. lol

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Guys, I'm holding this issue of ESPN the magazine right now. This is all it says "Look for the Raiders to pursue Corey Dillon or Travis Henry."
That's all it says. There is absolutely no mention of the #2 pick. Theres no way Al Davis would do that deal straight up. Personally, I respect Henry, but you guys would be lucky to get a late 1st rounder for him. A 2nd rounder is actually more realistic. We all know running backs can be found in the middle rounds.

There was also a rumor that the Raiders would trade the #2 for Ogunleye. Some of my fellow Dolfans were actually dumb enough to beleive it.

thanks for clearing that up, liquid.. this was getting out of hand.

The_Philster
03-22-2004, 05:01 AM
thanks for clearing that up, liquid.. this was getting out of hand.

Getting out of hand?...it was out of hand with the first few posts. ESPN Insider has them talking to the Bengals about a 3rd rounder for Dillon...no mention of Henry

THATHURMANATOR
03-22-2004, 10:51 AM
I really haven't read this whole thread but I would do that trade in a heartbeat. Just like Tatanka said we could most likely get greg jones in the sencond and still have 2 solid rbs!

Philagape
03-22-2004, 12:09 PM
I'd like to start a rumor that SD will trade us No. 1 overall for Moulds.

The Natrix
03-22-2004, 12:20 PM
How about Bledsoe for Arizona's 7th? :idunno:

Jeff1220
03-22-2004, 12:24 PM
I'm not saying I'd be for or against trading T.H. (in the scenario mentioned, it'd be hard not to), but I don't see why so many of you think he wouldn't be worth a high first.

T.H. was drafted early in the 2nd round, wasn't he? In three seasons, he has been to the pro-bowl once, gained about 1400 yards twice, and showed that he will play with heart and determination, even when hurt. In the last two seasons, T.H. has averaged over 4 yards per carry and double digit TDs.

Those numbers are actually quite a bit better than Ricky Williams' numbers for his first three years. In his first three seasons, RW's highest yardage total was 1245; his most TDs in a season was 6; and his average per carry was 4.0 during his second and third seasons, but well below that in his first. In fact, in only 2002 did RW have a season that was statistically better than Travis Henry's last two.

And Miami gave up a first and a conditional 3rd for RW. So, why wouldn't Al Davis give up just a high 1st for a back that is the same caliber as Ricky?

juice
03-22-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
I'm not saying I'd be for or against trading T.H. (in the scenario mentioned, it'd be hard not to), but I don't see why so many of you think he wouldn't be worth a high first.

T.H. was drafted early in the 2nd round, wasn't he? In three seasons, he has been to the pro-bowl once, gained about 1400 yards twice, and showed that he will play with heart and determination, even when hurt. In the last two seasons, T.H. has averaged over 4 yards per carry and double digit TDs.

Those numbers are actually quite a bit better than Ricky Williams' numbers for his first three years. In his first three seasons, RW's highest yardage total was 1245; his most TDs in a season was 6; and his average per carry was 4.0 during his second and third seasons, but well below that in his first. In fact, in only 2002 did RW have a season that was statistically better than Travis Henry's last two.

And Miami gave up a first and a conditional 3rd for RW. So, why wouldn't Al Davis give up just a high 1st for a back that is the same caliber as Ricky?

Good Point

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
How about Bledsoe for Arizona's 7th? :idunno:

:drool: