PDA

View Full Version : Would you freak if we took a FB on day one?

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 12:48 PM
just wondering how serious people take the FB position... the earliest i could see taking a FB would be round 3.. but we obviously need one.

how many of you would freak if we took a FB that early? or how bout this scenario.. what if we drafted Greg Jones to play fb, which he is capable of...

:feedback:

The Spaz
03-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
just wondering how serious people take the FB position... the earliest i could see taking a FB would be round 3.. but we obviously need one.

how many of you would freak if we took a FB that early? or how bout this scenario.. what if we drafted Greg Jones to play fb, which he is capable of...

:feedback:

I wouldn't think that Greg Jones would want to play FB though at least a lot because the FB hardly ever gets the ball. I would be pissed if we took a FB in day one like the Jets took B.J Askew last year!:mad::madcurse:

The Spaz
03-21-2004, 12:53 PM
If we took one in the 4th round I could deal with it but it would have to be Mike Karney.:up::beer:

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 12:54 PM
greg jones was playing fb at the senior bowl and playing it well.. he knows that he is not the fastest guy in the world.. and that it may be an option..

The Spaz
03-21-2004, 12:55 PM
greg jones was playing fb at the senior bowl and playing it well.. he knows that he is not the fastest guy in the world.. and that it may be an option..

Yes but if you look at from a money perspective a FB isn't going to be paid as much as a RB.

Tatonka
03-21-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Yes but if you look at from a money perspective a FB isn't going to be paid as much as a RB.

sure.. but his rookie contract will be based on where he is selected anyways.

DraftBoy
03-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Adrian Peterson now of the bears formerly of Georgia Southern played FB his whole college career and ended up leading the D-IAA in career rushing yards...Jones at FB one can only dream....

The Spaz
03-21-2004, 12:58 PM

sure.. but his rookie contract will be based on where he is selected anyways.

True again!:biggrin: What if his contract has a yards incentive he has to reach to get some kind of bonus would he reach them playing strictly FB and most only see Jones as a 1st and 2nd down back.

bills_7
03-21-2004, 02:17 PM
do u think Damion Shelton can start for us???
i not really sure who r how good he is but in madden 04 hes 76 OVR and so is Gash???
do u think FB is gonna be a concern or can we just draft someone later in draft for depth and give shelton the start??

The Spaz
03-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
do u think Damion Shelton can start for us???
i not really sure who r how good he is but in madden 04 hes 76 OVR and so is Gash???
do u think FB is gonna be a concern or can we just draft someone later in draft for depth and give shelton the start??

I really don't see Shelton as being a problem. If we go FB in the draft that is fine with me as well.

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2004, 02:40 PM
Would I freak? In a word, YES. :xplode:

B-DON
03-21-2004, 02:40 PM
4th round at the earliest and only if he's a steal. he better be the best fb ever to go sooner if i was drafting

The Spaz
03-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by kal123
Would I freak? In a word, YES. :xplode:

Exactly you should have been over at theganggreen.com when they picked B.J. Askew!:rofl::lol:

Novacane
03-21-2004, 02:46 PM
NO! two words......Booker Moore!

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2004, 03:01 PM
Fairway, need 1 more in your sig:

11. Teague kept farting and it blurred his vision :fart: