PDA

View Full Version : 6 back with 7 games to go...

Ebenezer
03-21-2004, 05:58 PM
true believers please sign in.

qcsabresfan84
03-21-2004, 06:00 PM
I believe. It's not over till its over.

#1Fan
03-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Same here....the Isles have some tough games coming up. It ain't over til it's over.

alyson
03-21-2004, 06:12 PM
GO SABRES! Show us that you have it in you, get into the playoffs! Down with the Islanders.

sabreshockey096
03-21-2004, 07:15 PM
new york still have games against new jersey and close out against philly buffalo can do it!!!!!!! GO BUFFALO

Michael82
03-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Come on Sabres. Let's get back on a 8 game winning streak! :up: :D

Turf
03-21-2004, 10:33 PM
The back to back games we lost to them killed us. It's over.

SkateZilla
03-22-2004, 12:21 AM
tough game by Butt Cheek..

Tampa bay Was Suppposed to Be a better Team and Look at what Happened.

realmendontwearteal
03-22-2004, 12:28 AM
hopefully phily and jersey can help out the sabres and lets beat the dumb habs on tue

clumping platelets
03-22-2004, 07:59 AM
:clap:

Here we go Sabres, here we go!!!!

Myers57
03-22-2004, 10:11 AM
You gotta believe!!!!

Patrick76777
03-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Wow! NY just won't lose!

Things look bleak, but I'm not giving up! Not yet! The bad news is that NY has Washington on Tuesday. That's a win and we'll be looking at 8 points. Everyone will see that and proclaim the season over, That being said, We'll get Mont and Pitts and they get Philly and I see us 4 points back come Friday night with 5 games to go. If all of that happens, Next Saturday night is very big, because if Carolina can spring the upset over NY and we beat Pitts we'll be 2 back with NY going to NJ and us going to Columbus! So follow me

Tuesday we'll be 8 back
Wed 6 back
Thurs 6 back
Fri 4 back
Sat 2 back
Sun 2 back
Mon, Tie

Who knows???

realmendontwearteal
03-22-2004, 12:19 PM
anything is possiable

qcsabresfan84
03-22-2004, 02:09 PM
We need DiPietro to get injured. That would really help our chances.

BironsGirl43
03-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Things look very bleak.. but what can we do..? Just gotta keep the faith and hope they find ways to win.. GO SABRES!!

Ebenezer
03-22-2004, 05:59 PM
I got some swamp land and used lottery tix (they belong to Clump, I do not pay extra state taxes...er...play the lottery) anybody interested??

Patrick76777
03-24-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Wow! NY just won't lose!

Things look bleak, but I'm not giving up! Not yet! The bad news is that NY has Washington on Tuesday. That's a win and we'll be looking at 8 points. Everyone will see that and proclaim the season over, That being said, We'll get Mont and Pitts and they get Philly and I see us 4 points back come Friday night with 5 games to go. If all of that happens, Next Saturday night is very big, because if Carolina can spring the upset over NY and we beat Pitts we'll be 2 back with NY going to NJ and us going to Columbus! So follow me

Tuesday we'll be 8 back
Wed 6 back
Thurs 6 back
Fri 4 back
Sat 2 back
Sun 2 back
Mon, Tie

Who knows???

We all knew that NY was going to beat Washington, so seeing us 8 points back shouldn't have been a surprise. But all is not lost! If we can beat Mont and Pitts at home and NY can lose in Philly, we'll be 4 points out on Friday night! Not too shabby! Then, even if NY beats Carolina, if we beat Pitts again on Saturday and Columbus on Monday and NY losses to NJ on Sunday, we're 2 points out with 3 games to go.

Sound hard? Let me break it down.

Buffalo 4-0, wins over Mont, Pitts, Pitts and Columbus

NY - 1-2 win over Carolina and losses to Philly and NJ!

Why not?

Ebenezer
03-24-2004, 10:31 AM
Buffalo 4-0, wins over Mont, Pitts, Pitts and ColumbusWhy not?

combined record against Pitts and Columbus?? 0-4.

just not enough games left...regardless what the Isles do the Sabres must win the next three...agreed?

Patrick76777
03-24-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

combined record against Pitts and Columbus?? 0-4.

just not enough games left...regardless what the Isles do the Sabres must win the next three...agreed?

Oh yeah, if we lose tonight, we'll still be alive but we're talking serious life support! And I know the Pitts, Columbus thing, but that was at the beginning of the season and this is not the same team. If we're 6 points out with a game in hand come Friday night, the Pens are not getting out of here with a win.

Ebenezer
03-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Oh yeah, if we lose tonight, we'll still be alive but we're talking serious life support! And I know the Pitts, Columbus thing, but that was at the beginning of the season and this is not the same team. If we're 6 points out with a game in hand come Friday night, the Pens are not getting out of here with a win.

I believe our downfall with be the game in Pittsburgh...we will beat them here.

Patrick76777
03-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

I believe our downfall with be the game in Pittsburgh...we will beat them here.

The Ole Igloo has not been kind to the Sabres.

alyson
03-24-2004, 10:49 AM
I am definitely watched the Flyers-Isles game tomorrow night and putting all my positive energy on Philly for once! We have to win the next few; if we don't, I unfortunately think we're out of the race. But this year's showing is so much better than last year's, so I'm happy about that. I think our trades have turned out pretty well, especially the two guys we got last year (Drury, Briere).

Ebenezer
03-24-2004, 10:53 AM
The Ole Igloo has not been kind to the Sabres.

never has been

Patrick76777
03-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by alyson
I am definitely watched the Flyers-Isles game tomorrow night and putting all my positive energy on Philly for once! We have to win the next few; if we don't, I unfortunately think we're out of the race. But this year's showing is so much better than last year's, so I'm happy about that. I think our trades have turned out pretty well, especially the two guys we got last year (Drury, Briere).

we are improving. If there is a next season, I think things would be good.

qcsabresfan84
03-24-2004, 11:45 AM

we are improving. If there is a next season, I think things would be good.

Yeah, next year we can only be better. I think that Zhitnik is our only unrestricted free agent and he has said that he wants to sign a long term deal and finish his career in Buffalo. Just keeping the team as it is it could be competitve next year based on how we've played since new years. Plus, who knows who we can get through free agency in the offseason. I know its a HUGE stretch, but with the year that Paul Kariya is having in Colorado, I bet we could sign him for under 3 million a year.

SkateZilla
03-24-2004, 01:58 PM
err...
Explosive Offensive Player + Lindy Ruff = Statistical Disaster..

I Just Think Lindy Ruff Finally Figured Out After 3 Seasons Without The #1 Goalie You Cant Sit Back And Play Defense.. then Again What Were We Doing A Week and a half Ago?
Hopefully We'll have Derek Roy and Vanel Togheter With Afinigenov Next Season.. ROY already Has Just AS Many Goals than PYatt in Half the Time ..