PDA

View Full Version : Volek closer to re-signing with Ten, but late Buffalo charge may keep them alive...

Ickybaluky
03-22-2004, 06:25 AM
According to this article:

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=7&screen=news&news_id=31667

1) Volek and the Titans have been negotiating and appear closer on terms. They appear to be the favorites.

2) Atlanta has backed off on their interest, but hasn't completed been eliminated by the agent. Of course, Atlanta has said they have dropped out, and the agent is probably is just try to keep his bargaining position strong.

3) Buffalo made a late offer that still gives them a shot at signing Volek.

That last item is the most interesting part of the article for Bills fans. It states:

The new X factor in the talks, however, might be the Bills, who made what Staninger called “a very competitive” offer when they talked to him Friday.

“Their initial proposal was far behind what the others were, but their latest offer is very competitive,” Staninger said.

shelby
03-22-2004, 06:46 AM
Nice find, thank you.:up:

Novacane
03-22-2004, 07:51 AM
If he wants a decent chance to start he comes here. I'm getting sick of Volek. If he does not make up his mind today I hope we just back out. He needs to either $#it or get off the pot!

elltrain22
03-22-2004, 07:53 AM
I hope Volek makes us his choice. He could get to play this year for us, if Buffalo messes up, then if he does well, he could take over the starting role, and I don't ever see that happening in Tennessee w/ McNair who would play if his arm were falling off.

The Spaz
03-22-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
If he wants a decent chance to start he comes here. I'm getting sick of Volek. If he does not make up his mind today I hope we just back out. He needs to either $#it or get off the pot!

Absolutely like you said if this guy actually wants a chance to start instead of money then I'm all for him coming here but if he is just interested in the money then he can go to hell.

Devin
03-22-2004, 08:35 AM
ugggh take back the offer, done with this clown.

Demon
03-22-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Devin

Agreed. He is just trying to get the best offer possible and make both teams wait. More and more it looks like he wants to just stay in Tennessee but wants to get a very nice paycheck, kinda the same thing with Alex Van Pelt. Get paid nice money to hold a clipboard.

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2004, 08:59 AM
:bf1:

I'm sick of this "Umm...I don't know. Maybe. I'll think about it" crap too.

NEXT!!!!

Devin
03-22-2004, 10:15 AM
He sint worth the money and for a backup he seems to think he is worth a whole lot more than he is.

He can keep his cocky overrated ass in Tennessee.

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 10:18 AM
it does not make me happy to hear that we originally offered him a low amount, but then increased it significately..

but how friggen high could it be.. i mean we are competing with a cap strapped tennessee team that is trying to pay a back up qb.. it could only be so bad.

lordofgun
03-22-2004, 10:19 AM
I still want Volek as long as we aren't paying him an arm and a leg.

Devin
03-22-2004, 10:20 AM
Didnt someone report something ******ed like 3.5 mil signing bonus?

WTF?

Devin
03-22-2004, 10:20 AM
just taking advatnge of an absolute s**t year for QB's and FA.

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Didnt someone report something ******ed like 3.5 mil signing bonus?

WTF?
If we offered him anything more than what AVP signed for last season, I'd be pissed.

The Natrix
03-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Make it happen TD. Give us hope for this season.

Devin
03-22-2004, 10:33 AM
our hope this season is drafting a QB.

Volek.....pffffff

id take a rookie over him anyday.

The Natrix
03-22-2004, 10:35 AM
our hope this season is drafting a QB.

Volek.....pffffff

id take a rookie over him anyday.

Don't be silly. A rookie starting would not make this a playoff team. Same case with Bledsoe.

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Don't be silly. A rookie starting would not make this a playoff team. Same case with Bledsoe.
If Drew goes down, I don't see Volek starting would take this team to the playoffs either. :down:

The Natrix
03-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

If Drew goes down, I don't see Volek starting would take this team to the playoffs either. :down:

Because Drew will have left Volek with a losing record.

But hey, it worked for Brady. :up:

Devin
03-22-2004, 10:51 AM
no chance screw Volek, Rivers or Ben will get the job done.

This donkey can hold out all he likes.

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2004, 12:06 PM
no chance screw Volek, Rivers or Ben will get the job done.

This donkey can hold out all he likes.
Donkey :lol:

Dozerdog
03-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Originally posted by The Spaz
Absolutely like you said if this guy actually wants a chance to start instead of money then I'm all for him coming here but if he is just interested in the money then he can go to hell.

You people kill me.

Sign guys on MY (The fan's) schedule or get out. If the Bills took that approach we would not have Sam Adams last season or Vincent this season.

None of us know the process of the decison making going on. But everyone gets their panties in a bunch if it takes a week or two (or three)

shelby
03-22-2004, 03:42 PM
My panties are in a bunch.:whatthe:

Welcome back assmunch!:buddies:

Mr. Cynical
03-22-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
it does not make me happy to hear that we originally offered him a low amount, but then increased it significately..

Good point. If TD gets known as a lowballer, we may lose out on future FAs. But I do like the fact he won't overpay for talent....which is why I still scratch my head raw on Drew. How can he pay him so much for so little? Has to be an ego thing. :scratch:

Mr. Cynical
03-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

Because Drew will have left Volek with a losing record.

But hey, it worked for Brady. :up:

:lol:

The Spaz
03-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

You people kill me.

Sign guys on MY (The fan's) schedule or get out. If the Bills took that approach we would not have Sam Adams last season or Vincent this season.

None of us know the process of the decison making going on. But everyone gets their panties in a bunch if it takes a week or two (or three)

I was talking about the money and playing time factor not a time table.