PDA

View Full Version : Volek Healthy?

saviorbledsoe
03-22-2004, 06:46 AM
Has he been cleared of the spleen injury from last year? It kept him out the whole year and it is the kind of injury I would assume would be a critical one that may reacur by just moving the wrong way.

I want to make sure we dont have another RJ here who cries everytime he gets a hangnail and misses 1 out of every 2 games. I want a quallity backup for Drew in case he doesnt play well, not another glass tiger RJ.

My question to all of you is if we sign Volek..will he have to have a physical before the contract goes into effect and will OUR doctors do the evaluating?

Ickybaluky
03-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Yes, any FA goes through a complete physical exam with the team that signs him, and that exam is a requirement for the contract to become official. That is league-mandated, unless the signing team waives the physical.

In fact, Volek likely underwent a physical exam when he visited Buffalo, or at least brought his medical records with him to be examined. Any player coming off injury usually has to satisfy the team's questions on his health prior to them even talking about a contract.

Ickybaluky
03-22-2004, 06:55 AM
For instance, the Dolphin's original contract with Damien McIntosh hit a snag when he failed his physical. However, the Dolphins agreed to a new deal that took into account his having ankle surgery, and they waived his failing that portion of the physical.

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Has he been cleared of the spleen injury from last year? It kept him out the whole year and it is the kind of injury I would assume would be a critical one that may reacur by just moving the wrong way.

when you say whole year.. i assume you mean the last two weeks of the regular season?

The Spaz
03-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Volek is fine Jeff Fisher has been spreading the rumors on purpose he even said so in an article last week.

saviorbledsoe
03-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

when you say whole year.. i assume you mean the last two weeks of the regular season?

He wasnt available to play in the playoffs either. It was a serious injury that would have kept him out longer had it happened ealier in the season.

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 12:04 PM
well.. a guy that was active from week 1 up through week 15 did not really miss "the whole year".

saviorbledsoe
03-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
well.. a guy that was active from week 1 up through week 15 did not really miss "the whole year".

whats your point? because mine was that the guy has had an injury that can questionably return and i wanted to make sure that he wouldnt be another rob johnson.

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
whats your point? because mine was that the guy has had an injury that can questionably return and i wanted to make sure that he wouldnt be another rob johnson.

my point is, i dont think the injury was that serious.. i think he was put on ir because there wasnt that much left of the season.. the guy played the game with the injury.. it wasnt anything near as serious as drews injury. that was the only point i was making.

saviorbledsoe
03-22-2004, 12:45 PM
well that is why i made the thread. to see if this was a one time thing or something that could easily occur again. he really does stink of RJ though you have to admit that. i know thats just a superstitious base but in a town plagued by football bad luck i would think twice about Volek.