The stuff I'm reading on this board today is insane...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

The stuff I'm reading on this board today is insane...

Kordell Stewart and trading Travis Henry? Does anyone actually think that adding Stewart will improve our QB situation? The guy's washed up- the only thing he has over Bledsoe is mobility, but he's just as prone to mistakes and can't throw the deep ball.

And I'd like to have the #2 pick but it's not worth giving up Henry- he was the only productive offensive player last year. While I'm happy to have McGahee on the team, he's an unproven rookie with injury problems- it's just too soon to gamble on him. Plus, if Henry has another good season and McGahee comes around, the trade value will only go up for next year. The draft is deep and while this team has some holes, none of them are so desperate that we need to surrender a franchise RB.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

There was no one here calling for Stewart to replace Bledsoe. That accusation was made up by Philster. I don't know where he came up with that.

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

Philster---->
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla *****
        • Jul 2002

The off season makes people .

If we trade Henry i can promise you i will be one pissed off Bills fan.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
          The off season makes people .

If we trade Henry i can promise you i will be one pissed off Bills fan.

You would get over it when Mcgahee goes for 1500 yards

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
            You would get over it when Mcgahee goes for 1500 yards
            Yes, i suppose. But i think TH is underrated, and i was impressed with his dedication last season. i would hate to see him go anywhere else.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

Re: The stuff I'm reading on this board today is insane...

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Plus, if Henry has another good season and McGahee comes around, the trade value will only go up for next year.

What if Henry gets another case of fumblitis and gets benched for Mcgahee. Thats not that far out there. Then his trade value goes waaaaaaaaaaay down. If the Bills are sold that Mcgahee is totaly healthy trading Henry now should at least be considered.

I don't think he trade value will ever be higher than it is now.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby

Yes, i suppose. But i think TH is underrated, and i was impressed with his dedication last season. i would hate to see him go anywhere else.

I would too. I love the way he plays but I'd rather trade him now for a high draft pick than watch him walk in 2 years as a FA.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                  Expert on Experts
                  • Jul 2002

It's not just if magahee is healthy. If he is healthy, is he any good?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Re: Re: The stuff I'm reading on this board today is insane...

Originally posted by Fairway To Green

What if Henry gets another case of fumblitis and gets benched for Mcgahee. Thats not that far out there. Then his trade value goes waaaaaaaaaaay down. If the Bills are sold that Mcgahee is totaly healthy trading Henry now should at least be considered.

I don't think he trade value will ever be higher than it is now.
                    You could be right- but I agree with SoCal. I just think it's too much of a gamble at the moment. It's not just the health- tearing it up in college doesn't always translate to the NFL (especially with some of the soft teams on Miami's schedule).
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I'd trade Henry for the #2 any day if the chargers pass on Eli Manning. It's much harder to find a franchise QB than to replace a good RB.

We're STILL trying to replace Jim Kelly.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• shelby
                        The Vanilla *****
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                        I'd trade Henry for the #2 any day if the chargers pass on Eli Manning. It's much harder to find a franchise QB than to replace a good RB.

i think Kelly is irreplacable.
                        There are enough decent QBs available in the draft....i'm sure TD will get us one.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun

Imagine if the Raiders offered us #2 this year AND a conditional 3rd rounder for next year for Henry. I'd jump it in a hearbeat.

Comment

• LIQUID24
                            • Mar 2004

Well you don't have to worry about the #2 pick because it's not being offered. As for Henry's trade value, I think it goes down as he gets older, even if he still produces.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by LIQUID24
                              Well you don't have to worry about the #2 pick because it's not being offered. As for Henry's trade value, I think it goes down as he gets older, even if he still produces.
                              Well no **** it goes down with age it happens like that to everyone in the NFL. Besides Henry is only 25.

Comment

Working...
                              X