PDA

View Full Version : if wire plays FS

bills_7
03-22-2004, 11:15 AM
is this gonna make us vonerable to the long ball???

i think it will help us a great deal on runs or short passing plays but what about the long ball

any thoughts???

Stewie
03-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Until he proves otherwise, teams are going to test him early and often.

shelby
03-22-2004, 11:57 AM
From what i know about Wire, he will spend the entire offseason working on his coverage skills and his hands. He puts a lot of time and effort into training, practice, and watching film. He wants to succeed, and he has Milloy for a tutor. i think he will do a good job.

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 12:01 PM
he is going to be the best free safety in the history of the world by a long shot.

he will make what michael vick did to the qb position look like childs play.

he will have over 10 ints, and around 100 tackles. he will also kill three people this season.

shelby
03-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
he is going to be the best free safety in the history of the world by a long shot.

he will have over 10 ints, and around 100 tackles. he will also kill three people this season.

:rofl: i like the way T thinks. Except for the killing bit.

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2004, 12:08 PM

And Drew will be MVP of the leauge, right T?

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by shelby
:rofl: i like the way T thinks. Except for the killing bit.

that is not thinking.. it is fact.. mrs. cleo said that he will actually kill 3 people on his way to the probowl.

one guys head will explode inside his helmet. another guy will have his lungs collapse after wire puts him in the ground.. and the last guy.. well david boston is going to have a cardiac arrest from all the cocain in his body.. but wire will touch him up after he collapses and get credit for the tackle, and therefore the death as well.

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
And Drew will be MVP of the leauge, right T?

no.. drew will be benched for philip rivers, who will play very conservative but good enough to win while honing his skills.. and henry and mcgahee will average 215 yards a game on the ground combined, so rivers wont have to deal with much pressure. similar to jack delhomme.

shelby
03-22-2004, 12:13 PM
:up:

:rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2004, 12:15 PM
that is not thinking.. it is fact.. mrs. cleo said that he will actually kill 3 people on his way to the probowl.

I think Mrs. Cleo is actually Mr. Clarance. Did she/he tell you that too? :snicker:

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I think Mrs. Cleo is actually Mr. Clarance. Did she/he tell you that too? :snicker:

yeah.. she told me that.. but i wasnt going to release her name for fear that vegas would kill her if they found out about her ability to see into the future.

JefftheBillsfan
03-22-2004, 01:57 PM
seeing how it is march madness time, let me use a topical comparison. to me wire playing FS, is about the same as say, Josh Pace (SU) playing point guard. Josh could improve his ball handling, court awareness, and passing, but I still don't think he could play PG. Hes just not athletic enough IMO. Thats how I see Wire, although to a lesser extent.

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 02:13 PM
you cant seriously be implying that coy wire is not "athletic" enough to play the position of free safety, but is is perfect for ss... right?

JefftheBillsfan
03-22-2004, 02:17 PM
eh ya, i believe that i am?

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 03:14 PM
I think Wire at FS would be a mistake, kinda like bringing Henson in would be a mistake in T's eyes

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
I think Wire at FS would be a mistake, kinda like bringing Henson in would be a mistake in T's eyes

i think that is two totaly different things though... i objected to henson because of many reasons, most notably, the contract he wanted, the long layoff, the lack of dedication, and his actual prior performance at the position.. ie.. he really wasnt that good in college. he was all hype..

wire has moved from rb, to lb, to nfl ss without batting an eye.. his work ethic and motivation are second to none.. he has never been a failure at any position he has ever tried.. and i dont think this switch to fs will be any different..

i just dont understand how you can question his athletisism... he is a martial artist.. he played 3 different positions already in his football career... and did them all well... he runs a 4.5... and for those that say he has bad hands.. all they are basing that on is ONE dropped interception in the final game of the season... because that is ALL you have to base it on.. as far as coverage.. coverage is learned.. you learn angles.. you learn technique.. and he will bust his ass to get that all down.. just like he did with a big jump from rb to lb.. and then to SS.. the guy learned a completely new position at an nfl level in about 4 months.. and was so good that he was the starter over a 5 year vet by the time that training camp broke.. and put up numbers that almost identical to that of lawyer milloy this past season.. with a full year to learn and another full offseason to perfect.. he is going to be a beast at fs..

mark it down.. and hold me to it..

wire will rule at fs

and bledsoe sucks a fat one..

and i will be happy to eat crow on either.. but it wont happen. :D

shelby
03-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Tatonka is absolutely right. How could Wire be a starting RB at Stanford if he is not athletic?:huh:
Here's a nice summary:Wire year by year (http://www.coywirefoundation.com/yearbyyear.html)

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by shelby
Tatonka is absolutely right.

:handkiss:

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 04:39 PM
I dont argue his athleticism, I argue his prior performance anywhere as being dominant. I know the guy has a heck of a work ethic but hes never played a full season as a starter at SS, let alone FS which is a very diffrent posistion. I think to interject him at there would be a mistake and not solve any holes in the D aside from providing another hitter on the D.

BTW you are not wrong...
Bledsoe does suck a fat one

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 05:58 PM
I dont argue his athleticism, I argue his prior performance anywhere as being dominant. I know the guy has a heck of a work ethic but hes never played a full season as a starter at SS, let alone FS which is a very diffrent posistion. I think to interject him at there would be a mistake and not solve any holes in the D aside from providing another hitter on the D.

BTW you are not wrong...
Bledsoe does suck a fat one

he played a full season at SS and he put up the same numbers as milloy.. minus a few tackles.. he played great.. and that was as a rookie at a brand new spot he had never played.. i really dont get why you are so down on him.. if you are down on his rookie play.. you must have REALLY thought lawyer milloy sucked huh?

Dantheman1280
03-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Coy Wire will be an amimal at FS because he works so hard in the offseason. Last year he has his postion taken from him and didnt say a word. Now it is time he shows the world his great SKILLS!!

COY BOY FOR PRESIDENT!!

Marvelous
03-22-2004, 07:04 PM
I agree Wire is a special player. 90% of us will defend him to no end. I'm not sure what if he would be best at FS or SS.

Hits hard
great blitzer
fits the BB mold- maybe i just miss Tasker

Wire not starting is the only bad thing about getting Milloy imo.

Sippio
Wire supporter

JefftheBillsfan
03-22-2004, 09:07 PM
i really hope I'm wrong, but I still am not sure about Coy @ FS. Is he athletic, hell ya he is, i didnt word that corectly before. his coverage responsibilites will be increased, and I just have a hard time seeing him run with a WR every now and then. His strenghts (IMO) are playing up at the L.O.S. and helping out against the run. You guys are absolutely right when you say he is going to work hard and improve his cover skills. A lot of it is angles, something that he is def. going to have to work on, and will improve on. the 4.5 time is better than I thought, but quickness is a whole other ball game, something again, I would like to see improvement in. I guess we'll see, and I sure as hell hope I am eating my words come September.

bills_7
03-22-2004, 10:27 PM

wire is going to bring alot to this D, my only concern is the long ball

mypoorfriendme
03-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Sippio
Wire not starting is the only bad thing about getting Milloy imo.

Sippio
Wire supporter

exactly my thoughts. i am a wire supporter in general too. the only thing is, i dont think he can play FS. hes a great athlete and a great overall player, but free safety? i think he lacks the coverage skills seeing he is a tweener LB-SS. this makes free safety a big stretch.

however, with his work ethic and coachability, who knows

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
wire is going to bring alot to this D, my only concern is the long ball

Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
i really hope I'm wrong, but I still am not sure about Coy @ FS. Is he athletic, hell ya he is, i didnt word that corectly before. his coverage responsibilites will be increased, and I just have a hard time seeing him run with a WR every now and then. His strenghts (IMO) are playing up at the L.O.S. and helping out against the run. You guys are absolutely right when you say he is going to work hard and improve his cover skills. A lot of it is angles, something that he is def. going to have to work on, and will improve on. the 4.5 time is better than I thought, but quickness is a whole other ball game, something again, I would like to see improvement in. I guess we'll see, and I sure as hell hope I am eating my words come September.

i guess my point is.. that all he has to do is learn.. because he is sure as hell more athletic, every bit as fast and quick as prioleau and reese.. that is a simple fact..

it really just comes down to him learning the position.. and of all the guys on this team that i would put my money on to be a success at a new position that just requires hard work and dedication.. it is coy wire.

i think he is a gamer and he will be every bit as good as alot of us expect him to be.. and tons better than the doubters think he could be.

mypoorfriendme
03-23-2004, 12:53 AM
then why did he learn once milloy was signed?

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 01:21 AM
huh?

shelby
03-23-2004, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
then why did he learn once milloy was signed?

How can you not learn from Milloy?
Wire started out as an RB, then an LB. He played SS in the combine for the first time. He used the Milloy signing as an opportunity to learn from a talented veteran, so that he can improve his skills and produce as a safety.

NC-BILLS44
03-23-2004, 09:40 AM
I think Wire has it in him to be a good FS. I also think that he has earned the right for a legitimate shot to start there.

lordofgun
03-23-2004, 09:45 AM
Coy Wire has a big forehead. It could slow him down or obstruct his vision. That's my main concern.