PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea for our speed WR/KR...

Michael82
03-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Browns | Northcutt Has Permission To Talk With Other Teams - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:32:11 -0800

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Cleveland Browns have granted WR Dennis Northcutt's agent, Jerome Stanley, permission to talk to other teams about their interest in Northcutt.

----------------------------------------------------

I'd give up a 5th or 6th rounder for him. The last player we took for a low draft pick from the Browns was Campbell and that looks like a steal. Let's see if we could steal Northcutt from them. :D

The Spaz
03-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Browns | Northcutt Has Permission To Talk With Other Teams - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:32:11 -0800

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Cleveland Browns have granted WR Dennis Northcutt's agent, Jerome Stanley, permission to talk to other teams about their interest in Northcutt.

----------------------------------------------------

I'd give up a 5th or 6th rounder for him. The last player we took for a low draft pick from the Browns was Campbell and that looks like a steal. Let's see if we could steal Northcutt from them. :D

It's not only the draft pick but the contract that Nothcutt is seeking.

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 01:06 PM
I wouldnt, bc he is also looking for a new contract in the deal too and he brings nothing to the team that we dont have in Brown except more experience. His hands arent that good and hes not that much better of a WR for the price diffrence, id rather have Bannister.

Bert102176
03-22-2004, 01:11 PM
I would say Bannister but would rather have one ov the top 4 WR's in this years draft

Bert102176
03-22-2004, 01:11 PM
of*

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
I wouldnt, bc he is also looking for a new contract in the deal too and he brings nothing to the team that we dont have in Brown except more experience. His hands arent that good and hes not that much better of a WR for the price diffrence, id rather have Bannister.

bannister doesnt return kicks.. he is a gunner..

northcut would be worth giving up a 6th rounder and a moderate contract.. i dont think that he is looking for mega bucks.. but he also has 3 years left on his deal.. so there is no reason to give him a new one.

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 02:15 PM
cut coleman and brown and add bannister and northcutt..

money.

juice
03-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Cut Coleman and Brown.. add Northcutt.. Draft Winslow in the first.

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

bannister doesnt return kicks.. he is a gunner..

northcut would be worth giving up a 6th rounder and a moderate contract.. i dont think that he is looking for mega bucks.. but he also has 3 years left on his deal.. so there is no reason to give him a new one.

Northcutt was trying to become a FA (like TO) bc he thought he was being underpayed should we deal for him and not give him the money, he would pull a TO and we lose out on a WR.

Also yes I know Bannister is a gunner, but he brings more to the table then Northcutt IMO. Also I think it may cost a 4th or 5th for Northcutt who is yet to say that he absolutelty wont play in CLE next season like TO basically said.

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 03:08 PM

money.

Why is everybody so big on cutting brown but for other rookies like Denney we wanna give at least more than one season too...Brown was a rookie last season and I think he deserves at least one more as he didnt do well but didnt do any worse than last year either....As for Coleman who cares?

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by juice
Cut Coleman and Brown.. add Northcutt.. Draft Winslow in the first.

Wishful thinking

IHateTheDullphins
03-22-2004, 03:13 PM

money.

:up:

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 04:41 PM
Why is everybody so big on cutting brown but for other rookies like Denney we wanna give at least more than one season too...Brown was a rookie last season and I think he deserves at least one more as he didnt do well but didnt do any worse than last year either....As for Coleman who cares?

brown will get his shot.. but if he doesnt perform well, he will be the first to go.. assuming that we draft a wr like everyone thinks we will..

i dont understand why we never used coleman at KR/PRs... the guy did well in preseason.. which is what got brown his job.

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 04:42 PM

brown will get his shot.. but if he doesnt perform well, he will be the first to go.. assuming that we draft a wr like everyone thinks we will..

i dont understand why we never used coleman at KR/PRs... the guy did well in preseason.. which is what got brown his job.

Alot of people are calling for his head now but willing to let other rookies develop over time I just dont get it I guess?

Dozerdog
03-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Alot of people are calling for his head now but willing to let other rookies develop over time I just dont get it I guess?

Apples and oranges.

It talkes a DE a long time to bulk up and develop.

WRs need to develop technique- but physically they are ready. There are tons of Cloemans out there in the NFL- a lot fewer DE's.