Week 1: NYJ 31 carries for 149 yds. 3 td’s

Week 6: HOU 28 carries for 159 yds. 2 td’s

Week 7: MIA 22 carries for 132 yds.

Week 11: K.C 24 carries for 126 yds.

Week 13: MIA 35 carries for 151 yds. 1 td

Week 15: S.D 22 carries for 144 yds. 2 td’s

Week 17: CIN 30 carries for 80 yds.

Week 1: NE 28 carries for 86 yds. 2 td’s

Week 5: CIN 25 carries for 85 yds. 2 td’s *from here on, all games played cracked rib cartilage

Week 7: WAS 31 carries for 167 yds. 2 td’s

Week 8: K.C 22 carries for 124 yds.

Week 11: HOU 23 carries for 149 yds.

Week 12: IND 22 carries for 77 yds. * from here on, all games played with cracked rib cartilage and broken leg

Week 13: NYG 26 carries for 113 yds. 1 td

Week 14: NYJ 32 carries for 169 yds. 1 td

Week 16: MIA 24 carries 67 yds.

12 out of 19 games he had over 100 yards. People this is just 22 carries! Imagine if we got him the ball 30 or more times. If you noticed, all the 30 game carries he has had, all but one were over the century mark! Ladies and Gentlemen, that is impressive. 22 carries isnt a lot to compare with, Jamal Lewis, Clinton Portis, Ricky Williams, Marshall Faulk, Preist Homes, or any other big name back, for that matter. Travis Henry is the man. I dont know why anybody would want to trade this guy. I hope he explodes this next season, and shows you all what he really is. He is defidently, in the top 5 backs in the leauge. Nobody knows that because he is a quiet guy, and he is not a show boat like every other running back. I'd love to see this guy in a run first offense with 27 or more carries a game. Travis is a beast and he should be our starter for many years.

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 02:10 PM
do that for clinton portis or priest or jamal lewis..

interested to see how he stacks up

juice
03-22-2004, 02:27 PM
If you give him the ball 27-30x he wont make it to week 8.. Then WM would be the full time starter.

What's wrong Bled2Hen.. you affraid you'll have to change your name to Bled2Wil? You might want to put that Henry Jersey on EBAY quick.

The Spaz
03-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by juice
If you give him the ball 27-30x and he wont make to week 8.. Then WM would be the full time starter.

What's wrong Bled2Hen.. you affraid you'll have to change your name to Bled2Wil? You might want to put that Henry Jersey on EBAY quick.

Yeah Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas never made it past week 8 either right?

The Spaz
03-22-2004, 02:31 PM
If you give him the ball 27-30x he wont make it to week 8.. Then WM would be the full time starter.

BTW the ACC is really tearing up the tournament.:snicker::evil:

IHateTheDullphins
03-22-2004, 02:34 PM

And your reasoning behind this...statement is what?

Jeff1220
03-22-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Right Spaz! :up:

I too never understood why so many people think height=calculated injury risk. Eddie George and Jerome Bettis are huge, but how's their injury status been that last few seasons? Travis is short for a RB, but he is powerful, and that is certainly more important in determining how much of a beating he could take.

Devin
03-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

And your reasoning behind this...statement is what?

Curious about that myself, you have these people who just MUST insist TH will be nothing and WM will be the future.

Unproven rookie with an exploded knee.

3 year vet with 2 1400 yarders under his belt.

hmmmmmmmmmm

Exactly how many 13-1400 yarders does he have to get before he gets credit?

The Spaz
03-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220

Right Spaz! :up:

I too never understood why so many people think height=calculated injury risk. Eddie George and Jerome Bettis are huge, but how's their injury status been that last few seasons? Travis is short for a RB, but he is powerful, and that is certainly more important in determining how much of a beating he could take.

Exactly peopel seem to forget that Henry is a very well built running back that can bench over 400 Lbs. which is nuts for his height and weight.:up::beer:

juice
03-22-2004, 02:43 PM

Maybe Emmitt or Thurman would come out of retirement when Henry separates his shoulder in week 1-8 trying to run over Cowart or or Junior.

2 out of 6 is about the same as Henry's consecutive Games played next year if he carries more than 20x per Gm.

2 out of sweet sixteen from the ACC... I think there is a good chance we see an ACC team in the Championship GM... What do you think?

STAMPY
03-22-2004, 02:43 PM

ya juice seems like the big east is having a lot more success... are u humbled

generalmills
03-22-2004, 02:45 PM
I think Henry has looked great...and I dont understand this talk about him being out injured after week 8 if he is given the ball 28-30 times a game... TH has proven that he can be a work horse type of back... Did he not play with a cracked fibula last year?? I dont understand how you can even question his durability...The only problem that I saw with TH last year were the fumbles... he will step up to the task this year...a 1400 yard back is not something you can easily give up... its not just TH that will be fighting to stay in Buffalo... I say if he looks better then Willis, TD has a very very hard decision to make!

Pride
03-22-2004, 02:54 PM
It absolutely blows my mind that anyone could seriously think of trading Travis Henry. Apparently all of you are so diluted to the fact that we have a 1400 yard rusher... the first in 10 years! We have a guy who we can depend on to be on the field in big situations...

and all of you are willing to throw that away and hand the reigns over to a guy who has NEVER taken an NFL snap? Oh yeah, and this "savior" you all speak of, isn't this the same guy who had his leg nearly taken OFF the last game he played in?

Thanks, but not thanks... I will keep Travis over an unproven, broken rookie any day of the week.

Devin
03-22-2004, 02:54 PM

Maybe Emmitt or Thurman would come out of retirement when Henry separates his shoulder in week 1-8 trying to run over Cowart or or Junior.

3 out of 6 is about the same as Henry's Games played next year if he carries more than 20x per Gm.

3 out of sweet sixteen from the ACC... I think there is a good chance we see an ACC team in the Championship GM... What do you think?

totally baseless. Henry was about the only member of our offence that contributed last season.

And the notion of him running 25-30+ and being injured "just cause" is a groundless argument.

Devin
03-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Pride
It absolutely blows my mind that anyone could seriously think of trading Travis Henry. Apparently all of you are so diluted to the fact that we have a 1400 yard rusher... the first in 10 years! We have a guy who we can depend on to be on the field in big situations...

and all of you are willing to throw that away and hand the reigns over to a guy who has NEVER taken an NFL snap? Oh yeah, and this "savior" you all speak of, isn't this the same guy who had his leg nearly taken OFF the last game he played in?

Thanks, but not thanks... I will keep Travis over an unproven, broken rookie any day of the week.

Agreed.

IHateTheDullphins
03-22-2004, 02:56 PM
some posters don't think before they communicate.

juice
03-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Devin
totally baseless. Henry was about the only member of our offence that contributed last season.

And the notion of him running 25-30+ and being injured "just cause" is a groundless argument.

Playing Injured last season with no offensive pass production might be viewed as a desperate act of a RB lookin' over his shoulder.

juice
03-22-2004, 03:02 PM
some posters don't think before they communicate.

What's new about that.. or you?

Mr. Cynical
03-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Some people just don't get it. Nobody is saying TH is not a good back. (at least I hope not or they need serious help)

These are the debates:

1. If someone offered us a #2 pick (for example), would you trade Henry? I would say yes, primarily because TH is not a gamebreaker IMO and TD must think so as well or he wouldn't have drafted WM in the 1st round.

2. If nobody offers a trade for TH, and if WM shows he is back to pre-injury form in camp and preseason, who would you start? I would start WM, because he has more to offer than Henry AT THIS POINT. We don't know how he will hold up in the NFL, but only one way to find out....play him.

Again, I don't think anyone is bashing TH. You can't. He is a solid back. But I think anyone who says WM is not the better back (IF HEALTHY) is nuts. Just look at some tape of his games. My jaw drops every time (Ingtar posted the same).

Hmmmm..a Bo Jackson or a Travis Henry. :hammeru:

Originally posted by Ingtar33
The only back i would ever compare Willis to is Bo Jackson

They are the same player... Huge... powerful... and 4.2 speed. Willis just doesn't go down, runs over tacklers, and has great, no, amazing speed. He was the type of player who, if he hit 5 yards down field without have to break a tackle, was gone the distance.

I'll tell you this, in 6 years of scouting i never rated a RB as high as i had Willis. NEVER. Ricky Williams didn't receive the rating i gave him, nor did Clinton Portis or Edgerin James or McAllister

Assuming he comes back from that injury 100%, he'll be a consistent 1200 yard rusher and 400 yard receiver. Even if he never fully comes back he will be a 1000 yard rusher, too much power, too smart a runner (the thing i loved about him was how he ran with his head up all the time)

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Henry was our offensive MVP!! Most definetly and his 1400 yard season was a huge milestone for him but I want more out of my RB, not yardage wise so much as gambreaker wise, would I deal him? You dang skippy I would if the price was right otherwise i hold onto him and let him split it with McG next season and see what happens. Also remeber we shouldnt pay too much attention to the stats, right Phil?

IHateTheDullphins
03-22-2004, 03:06 PM

Playing Injured last season with no offensive pass production might be viewed as a desperate act of a RB lookin' over his shoulder.

yeah, by you.:iluvu:

Bled2Hen
03-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Maybe Emmitt or Thurman would come out of retirement when Henry separates his shoulder in week 1-8 trying to run over Cowart or or Junior. FROM JUICE

if T-Hen ever seperates his shoulder, he will laugh it off, and get right backk on the field..

Devin
03-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by kal123
Some people just don't get it. Nobody is saying TH is not a good back. (at least I hope not or they need serious help)

These are the debates:

1. If someone offered us a #2 pick (for example), would you trade Henry? I would say yes, primarily because TH is not a gamebreaker IMO and TD must think so as well or he wouldn't have drafted WM in the 1st round.

2. If nobody offers a trade for TH, and if WM shows he is back to pre-injury form in camp and preseason, who would you start? I would start WM, because he has more to offer than Henry AT THIS POINT. We don't know how he will hold up in the NFL, but only one way to find out....play him.

Again, I don't think anyone is bashing TH. You can't. He is a solid back. But I think anyone who says WM is not the better back (IF HEALTHY) is nuts. Just look at some tape of his games. My jaw drops every time (Ingtar posted the same).

Hmmmm..a Bo Jackson or a Travis Henry. :hammeru:

1. GAMEBREAKER? how can you say that about WM when he hasnty played a down and his damn leg was near tore off?

2. I fail to see much downside to TH because his numbers speak for themselves but if it turns out WM plays well it will ultimatley come down to numbers as far as affordability and compensation. I personally like TH so I hope we dump WM, but time will tell.

You can mock him all ya like but when put up or shut up time came TH put up. we are still waiting on the rookie.

Pride
03-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Define "gamebreaker"

Even Emmitt Smith was caught from behind when trying to run 60 yards for a TD.

It is more about the Oline as it is about game breaking speed. The defenses are faster today than they were when Thurman, Bo Jack, Barry Sanders, etc played the game.

Give me a guy who can churn out 4-5 yards a pop, and I will show you a guy who will carry a team on his back. McGahee might be great if given an opening and streak down the field for 80 yards... but what about all of those times when the hole isnt there on 3rd and 2?

Pride
03-22-2004, 03:15 PM
1. GAMEBREAKER? how can you say that about WM when he hasnty played a down and his damn leg was near tore off?

:rofl: :bf1:

Devin
03-22-2004, 03:15 PM

So your logic is he played injured because he was scared of losing his spot?

Never occured to you he wanted to win or help his team?

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 03:17 PM
Define "gamebreaker"

It is more about the Oline as it is about game breaking speed. The defenses are faster today than they were when Thurman, Bo Jack, Barry Sanders, etc played the game.

Give me a guy who can churn out 4-5 yards a pop, and I will show you a guy who will carry a team on his back. McGahee might be great if given an opening and streak down the field for 80 yards... but what about all of those times when the hole isnt there on 3rd and 2?

As taken from "How close is our offense to very good" topic:

Making the play is not the same as a playmaker at least in IMO...Ex. Jake Delhomme's makes the plays, Micheal Vick is a playmaker....Travis Henry does what the play calls for grab the ball and run towards the endzone, and he does it well, while carrying defenders with him, but aside from that he doesnt do much else...A playmaker takes the play as it is supposed to be made and makes it more, much more for that matter. Simply being able to make the 1st down on a 3rd and 3 doesnt make you a playmaker, no it makes you a good back. A playmaker would get the 1st down and break some tackles and juke a guy out of his shoes on his way to the endzone. Of course this is just a hypothetical situation. To answer the question is this: What is Travis Henry? A solid North South runner with subpar speed and few open field moves. Good bullnose player who will plow you and you need to wrap up but he will not break the big one when your team needs it.

I consider playmaker to be gamebreaker...This is not sayig Willis will be that but I dont see Travis as it, although I am ok with him being our RB right now

juice
03-22-2004, 03:18 PM
yeah, by you.:iluvu:

ULUVWHO... Oh that's whats new about you.. You came on out.. But is that an improvement?

Change your name to IHateBallFriends? Good luck with that thing.

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 03:19 PM

I really dont see any logic in any of your posts in this topic, Im sorry if it may be offensive but you come off as sounding very arrogant and ignorant about the topic

IHateTheDullphins
03-22-2004, 03:20 PM

ULUVWHO... Oh that's whats new about you.. You came on out.. But is that an improvement?

Change your name to IHateBallFriends? Good luck with that thing.

c'mon buddy, attack the post not the poster. golly gee.:z:

juice
03-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy

Making the play is not the same as a playmaker at least in IMO...Ex. Jake Delhomme's makes the plays, Micheal Vick is a playmaker....Travis Henry does what the play calls for grab the ball and run towards the endzone, and he does it well, while carrying defenders with him, but aside from that he doesnt do much else...A playmaker takes the play as it is supposed to be made and makes it more, much more for that matter. Simply being able to make the 1st down on a 3rd and 3 doesnt make you a playmaker, no it makes you a good back. A playmaker would get the 1st down and break some tackles and juke a guy out of his shoes on his way to the endzone. Of course this is just a hypothetical situation. To answer the question is this: What is Travis Henry? A solid North South runner with subpar speed and few open field moves. Good bullnose player who will plow you and you need to wrap up but he will not break the big one when your team needs it.

I consider playmaker to be gamebreaker...This is not sayig Willis will be that but I dont see Travis as it, although I am ok with him being our RB right now

Good Opinion on Playmakers... But it's just your opinion.

shelby
03-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Attack the post, not the poster....

:angry:, i am getting tired of saying that....

:blah:

Pride
03-22-2004, 03:22 PM

Great post!

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Thanks guys! :)

Devin
03-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Well while I agree with your summation, I have to say its not only premature to give WM the game/playmaker moniker but to imply TH isnt that or even close to that is just wrong imo.

But hey everyone is entitled right.

juice
03-22-2004, 03:25 PM
I really dont see any logic in any of your posts in this topic, Im sorry if it may be offensive but you come off as sounding very arrogant and ignorant about the topic

You should get to know me Driftboy.

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 03:26 PM

attack the post not the poster

IHateTheDullphins
03-22-2004, 03:27 PM

Must you resort to childish name-bashing? :cynic:

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Well while I agree with your summation, I have to say its not only premature to give WM the game/playmaker moniker but to imply TH isnt that or even close to that is just wrong imo.

But hey everyone is entitled right.

Im not gonna annoit WM a playmaker and anybody that does is just foolish, its just that I see Travis as a very solid RB who wont ever be in that upper echelon and with our QB, and WR's we are gonna need a top RB

Devin
03-22-2004, 03:30 PM
alright fair enough. I guess ill save ensuing posts once I see WM break a few runs off.

Good points Draftboy.

Truth be told I want them both to have amazing seasons so we can gain a 1st rounder next year.

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 03:32 PM
I agree 100% Devin, Id love to get a 1st next year for one of them, and also to see them:

:cp: to the Phins next season!

juice
03-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Must you resort to childish name-bashing? :cynic:

Childish.. Refer to the "Henry for 1400 again" thread and the ShehateDullphin Posts.. Now thats childish

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 03:34 PM

Childish.. Refer to the "Henry for 1400 again" thread and the ShehateDullphin Posts.. Now thats childish

Come on man seriously cut it out your taking away from a good football talk and acting like an 8 year old please cut off the personal attacks

IHateTheDullphins
03-22-2004, 03:35 PM

Jeepers, you just don't know when to quit, do you? :idunno: maybe you'll learn your lesson someday.

IHateTheDullphins
03-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Draftboy, try the ignore feature. it works great.

shelby
03-22-2004, 03:38 PM
:club: juice, check your PMs.

The Natrix
03-22-2004, 03:42 PM
BIG EAST > ACC

shelby
03-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Nate, be nice. That being said, go UConn.:up:

Devin
03-22-2004, 03:47 PM
well regardless if we end up with two firsts next year and the bounty we will have in cap room, we could do some serious damage!

Apparently we are near 20 under before draft signings and bonuses. If moulds and Drew restructure or we cut Drew we could be in good shape for a little shopping.

helmetguy
03-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by shelby
go UConn.:up:

Sing it, Babe!

shelby
03-22-2004, 03:54 PM
;)

Devin
03-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Uconn will do great til they play my Blue Devils.

juice
03-22-2004, 03:56 PM
Uconn will do great til they play my Blue Devils. Good Point

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 04:40 PM
GT all the way to the title, now that Kentucky is out :(

BAM
03-22-2004, 04:47 PM
if henry is traded this offseason i'm blowing up Donahoe's car :up:

Mr. Cynical
First you reply to me....

Define "gamebreaker"

Then you reply to Draftboy..

Great post!

I've been saying the same thing as he has for days now...oh well. :idunno:

And not to put too fine a point on it, but if you think WM can't get yards on 3rd and 2 you need to take a look at his games again. He cranked through, over and around people. He is not a pure finesse back by any stretch.

Anyway....

Everyone seems to keep harping on the fact that WM had an injury and has not played a down. For the last time, I know that. We're talking about *IF* he plays like he did pre-injury, *THEN* he is a more explosive and talented back than TH. To argue this is just plain ridiculous.

Yes, you can argue that he may not recover or that he may not adapt to the NFL. THAT is a legitimate debate. But that is also a DIFFERENT debate.

I just think it's funny that people defend TH as if he is a Green/Faulk/Holmes/Lewis/Portis. If he was in that company, why would TD have used a 1st round pick on WM? Exactly. :up:

BAM
:jk:

:ontome:

BAM
03-22-2004, 04:50 PM

He cranked through, over and around people.

it was college

:shakeno:

nobody is proven untill they make it through a successful season (or 2 or 3) in the big leagues :up:

Mr. Cynical
03-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by BAM

it was college

:shakeno:

nobody is proven untill they make it through a successful season (or 2 or 3) in the big leagues :up:

:rolleyes:

Yet again, the point is missed. I guess Draftboy did a much better job, so I guess I should just refer to his post and be done with it. :cynic:

Devin
03-22-2004, 05:02 PM

And not to put too fine a point on it, but if you think WM can't get yards on 3rd and 2 you need to take a look at his games again. He cranked through, over and around people. He is not a pure finesse back by any stretch.

Anyway....

Everyone seems to keep harping on the fact that WM had an injury and has not played a down. For the last time, I know that. We're talking about *IF* he plays like he did pre-injury, *THEN* he is a more explosive and talented back than TH. To argue this is just plain ridiculous.

Yes, you can argue that he may not recover or that he may not adapt to the NFL. THAT is a legitimate debate. But that is also a DIFFERENT debate.

I just think it's funny that people defend TH as if he is a Green/Faulk/Holmes/Lewis/Portis. If he was in that company, why would TD have used a 1st round pick on WM? Exactly. :up:

Firstly your posing a hypothetical question so you must expect these type of answers.

My point is its very difficult to argue TH is not an impact back. Look at his numbers plain and simple. Basically making the point hes been producing.

Will WM be a solid player? sure, gamebreaker? I doubt it but time will tell.

Sure in COLLEGE, prior to his GRUESOME INJURY, he was an amazing back. But come on its been two years, a blown knee, and a completley diff level of play.

I think your perhaps giving WM a bit to much credit.

Devin
03-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by BAM
if henry is traded this offseason i'm blowing up Donahoe's car :up:

By the way I love your sig. Thats a great quote by an outstanding player. I hope hes a career Bill.

DraftBoy
03-22-2004, 05:14 PM

Anyway....

Not to start an argument but I didnt see you saying what I was, I thought you were thinking it so I just tried to expound on those, although you seem alot more likely to just wanna label WM before he plays a game while I on the other hand dont know what he can do now, but what he could do before.

BAM
03-22-2004, 05:20 PM

By the way I love your sig. Thats a great quote by an outstanding player. I hope hes a career Bill.

:up: My favorite player of all time. :)

Mr. Cynical
03-22-2004, 05:43 PM
******* RESET********

It's just getting WAY too difficult to backtrack, re-answer, re-post and wade through the web of miscommunication. So, I will restate my position in very simple, clear terms.

1. TH is a good, solid back. I like him. I don't want to trade him unless we are going to get something very valuable like a #2 (which is never going to happen). He is an insurance policy as well if WM does not pan out.

2. TH is not a gamebreaker IMO. Refer to Draftboy's post on the definition of gamebreaker as people seem to grasp and agree with what he said. (for the record Draftboy, we did say the same things, just communicated differently I guess). Therefore, we should always be on the lookout to upgrade the position when it makes sense...which leads to...

3. ....TD must also have felt the same way about TH and WM, otherwise why would he have drafted WM in the 1st round?

4. WM is still a question mark until we see him on the field post-injury. I agree. Next.

5. WM *could* be a gamebreaker *if* he returns 100%. I base this on what he did in college. TH on the other hand, did not look like that in college. I know, college is different than the NFL. But it is how every NFL scout and coach bases their decision to draft a player and spend millions doing so. Therefore, while not a perfect science, it is right more often than not.

I really hope my stance is clear after this. I just don't know how to explain it any better. :scratch:

shelby
03-22-2004, 05:48 PM
You explained it very well. Excellent post.

Mr. Cynical
03-22-2004, 05:51 PM
:phew: :D