PDA

View Full Version : Volek

Marino13Phins
03-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Why are you guys so interested in volek? I haven't really read any of your posts about him, but I have seen they are a lot. I know some of you HATE bledsoe and want someone to start over him. But you guys would be bringing volek in as a back up right and not a starter?

Voltron
03-22-2004, 06:03 PM
Volek would come in as a backup and be groomed to take over for DB. He would not start this year. That is a definite. I think it would be nice to get a proven backup instead of playing the 1st round QB gamble. Just not worth the contract money that some rookie QB would be due when you can get a proven backup and maybe a decent starter.

Marino13Phins
03-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Thanks.

Voltron
03-22-2004, 06:04 PM
BTW Why are you so high on freeley? The guy was a 3rd stringer and all the suden he is your starting QB?

Marino13Phins
03-22-2004, 06:06 PM
I am high in feeley becuase of hte praise the eagles fans sang the guy.

He was listed as the #3 only because their kicker liked detmer holding the ball better. If mcnabb went down for a few weeks, like he did. Feeley would be the starter and not Detmer.

Feeley went 5-1 as the starter, should have gone 6-0 if they made a give me last second fg. He did that with some piss poor wr, and an alright RB. And some papers said he ran the offense more efficiently then Mcnabb.

However, I'm not high on feeley, I'm just ready for a change, Fiedler wins games, but he loses them to. And I'll take anything we can get right now.

Marino13Phins
03-22-2004, 06:07 PM
He isn't the starting qb yet, he has to beat out fiedler.

Bill Brasky
03-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
I am high in feeley becuase of hte praise the eagles fans sang the guy.

You trust Philly fans? Wow.

Marino13Phins
03-22-2004, 06:11 PM
Heh, they haven't given me personally a reason not to yet. :lol:

Bill Brasky
03-22-2004, 06:16 PM
They are morons. They boo everything. They boo a QB who takes them to 3 NFC title games, one of which he played on a broken leg, and they still give him ****. And they were calling for his head after he started the season 0-2... then after he won a few games all the opinions changed and he was the second coming of jesus christ. I'd venture to say they'd boo their own mother for screwing up dinner. I have the dubious honor of sharing a house with an Eagles fan and I can attest to the fact that they are idiots. Nice avatar btw.

Marino13Phins
03-22-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
They are morons. They boo everything. They boo a QB who takes them to 3 NFC title games, one of which he played on a broken leg, and they still give him ****. And they were calling for his head after he started the season 0-2... then after he won a few games all the opinions changed and he was the second coming of jesus christ. I'd venture to say they'd boo their own mother for screwing up dinner. I have the dubious honor of sharing a house with an Eagles fan and I can attest to the fact that they are idiots. Nice avatar btw.

Thanks for the compliment on the avatar, I get that a lot haha.

No doubt, those fans are jerks, I read in sports illustrated, at a phillies game on easter, they put eggs ont he field, and let the kids down there during the 7th inning stretch to find the eggs, and the kids were doing a poor job, so the entired stadium boo'd them off the field.

Bill Brasky
03-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Well i know for a fact that one year they had santa claus come on the field and the eagles were getting killed so they started pelting the guy w/ snow balls and booing him... they boo something that isn't even the cause of the problem.

Marino13Phins
03-22-2004, 06:22 PM
They are horrible :lol:

Devin
03-22-2004, 07:40 PM
Have to agree with a phins fan, we have absolutley no room to ridicule when we are trying to do the same thing with Volek they did with Feeley.

Truth be told id take feeley over Volek.

Marino13Phins
03-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Devin
Have to agree with a phins fan, we have absolutley no room to ridicule when we are trying to do the same thing with Volek they did with Feeley.

Truth be told id take feeley over Volek.

Your a good man, but we are trying to bring him in right away to start, atleast you are going to groom lol.

Voltron
03-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Well I guess it don't matter now :shakeno:

He resigned. I guess the hit he took against us last year caused some brain trama. He could have started here in a year or 2. In Tenn. He will forever be McNairs back up :rolleyes:

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-23-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Why are you guys so interested in volek? I haven't really read any of your posts about him, but I have seen they are a lot. I know some of you HATE bledsoe and want someone to start over him. But you guys would be bringing volek in as a back up right and not a starter?
Thats what I said all along.