PDA

View Full Version : FS Brent Alexander

Forward_Lateral
03-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Pittsburgh released FS Brent Alexander. He started 64 games for the Steelers, and let the team with 4 interceptions last season. He's had 4 ints in each of the last 3 seasons, and 3 the season before that. I think he'd be a very good aquisition, and he'd probably come at a bargain price, he'd be a nice solution until Wire or Vincent is ready, worse case senario, we have more depth at FS and nickel back.

The_Philster
03-22-2004, 07:42 PM
if he comes at a decent price, why not? :up:

BAM
03-22-2004, 07:56 PM
:idunno: i guess it wouldn't be bad for depth. i'd like to see Wire get a shot but whatever :up:

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 08:01 PM
4 ints, 3 seasons in a row.. that compared to the ZERO picks in three seasons from our FS.. yeah.. bring him in..

let either reese or prioleau back up milloy.. and alexander and wire can fight it out at fs..

sounds good to me.

ShadowHawk7
03-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Wow! This guy sounds great! He shud come at fair peanuts too. TD, please screw Volek, (for a bit, at leest) and sign this guy now! Great find Forward! :beer:

O ya, cut that loser Reese's bottom! Peirson was a lot better, IMO...

The_Philster
03-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
TD, please screw Volek

:eek:

ShadowHawk7
03-22-2004, 08:52 PM
ahem, please Philster, i meant :chair: not :hump:

Lol, i cud c how u got that tho... Replace "screw" w/ "forget" if u want to. But does ne1 share my xcitement 4 a guy that cud add 3-5 picks to our 2nd weakest position on D?

The_Philster
03-22-2004, 08:57 PM
:snicker: It was too easy and if I hadn't taken that shot, someone else would have.

The Spaz
03-22-2004, 09:15 PM
I say bring him in the guy hasn't missed a game in 11 years and has been a pretty consistent performer.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2003-07-19/PH_2003-07-20_stbrent-b.jpg
<b>Brent Alexander</b>

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3020

STAMPY
03-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I say bring him in the guy hasn't missed a game in 11 years and has been a pretty consistent performer.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2003-07-19/PH_2003-07-20_stbrent-b.jpg
<b>Brent Alexander</b>

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3020

but he'll turn 34 in july... he is playing well, but thats up there

The Spaz
03-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE

but he'll turn 34 in july... he is playing well, but thats up there

That's true but he was 30 4 years ago an dhasn't missed a game. I would cut Prioleau or Reese whichever is making more money and have Alexander battle Wire for FS starting spot.

ShadowHawk7
03-22-2004, 10:13 PM
Tru Dat! :blingbling:

ShadowHawk7
03-22-2004, 10:17 PM
errr... agreed. I say sign him for pennies. Let him mentor Wire for one more season. Imagine getting mentored by Milloy, then a VERY consistent veteran. Wire will be great, and will get his shot. I'm just not shure bout this year. But if, Alexander doesn't sign, I would have no trouble w/ him starting w/ LM, and sharin a bit of time w/ PP.

Tatonka
03-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
:snicker: It was too easy and if I hadn't taken that shot, someone else would have.

i was on my way until i saw your post..

i didnt know he was that old..

and wasnt the steelers pass coverage the worst in the nfl?

bills_7
03-23-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i was on my way until i saw your post..

i didnt know he was that old..

and wasnt the steelers pass coverage the worst in the nfl?

ya i dont know about this guy i think i rather take my chances with wire and PP cut IR

The_Philster
03-23-2004, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by bills_7
ya i dont know about this guy i think i rather take my chances with wire and PP cut IR

If he's cheap, though...I don't think it would hurt to give him a shot as competition and a veteran influence.

shelby
03-23-2004, 04:53 AM
:cynic:
i would much rather spend the money on a more pressing need and let Wire start at FS.

SABURZFAN
03-23-2004, 05:49 AM
i'd like for us to draft s.taylor or s.jones.i think both could start at FS for this football team.

Forward_Lateral
03-23-2004, 11:09 AM
A more pressing need? FS is a HUGE need for the Bills next season. Let's face it, Wire is not ready to step in yet, he'll have to learn a new position, and you cannot just step in and learn it immediately, not in the NFL. If we can sign Alexander for the Vet min, or maybe a bit more, why not?
And yes, Pittsbugh's pass coverage was the worst in the NFL, but Alexander let them in INT's and passes defensed.

bills_7
03-23-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
A more pressing need? FS is a HUGE need for the Bills next season. Let's face it, Wire is not ready to step in yet, he'll have to learn a new position, and you cannot just step in and learn it immediately, not in the NFL. If we can sign Alexander for the Vet min, or maybe a bit more, why not?
And yes, Pittsbugh's pass coverage was the worst in the NFL, but Alexander let them in INT's and passes defensed.

i dont no if its a huge need but i know wire is gonna get the job done this yr. he already has some game playing time at the position so its not gonna be that new to him... he also has been a work horse in the off season.... hey if he cant get the job done PP or draft pick would do alright but wire will be just fine....

I also heard we r playing both guys almost like we have to SS anyway.... LM and CW for diferent plays they have different assignments....... something like that anyway can anyone explain this better???

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
Let's face it, Wire is not ready to step in yet, he'll have to learn a new position, and you cannot just step in and learn it immediately, not in the NFL.

and your basing this on what?... his seamless transition to SS in one offseason, from LB?

:rolleyes:

Bmax
03-23-2004, 01:55 PM
Sign him as a vet backup at vet min salary....insurance in case of injury.....

Bmax

Bert102176
03-23-2004, 10:24 PM
I say we stick with who we have unless we can draft Sean Taylor

The Spaz
03-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
I say we stick with who we have unless we can draft Sean Taylor

If we cut prioleau and sign Alexander for cheaper we get better and save money.

Forward_Lateral
03-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Exactly Spaz. I dont' know why everyone thinks Wire can step in right away, I am a huge Wire fan too, but you have to be realistic about it, it's a tough position to learn, and his pass coverage skills need to improve alot before he's our starting fS.

DraftBoy
03-24-2004, 06:01 PM
I think that we should hold off till after the draft to sign Alexander b.c if we end up getting somebody to fall to us then we would probably just cut him anyways, so we wait till after the draft.

Fryin' The Fish
03-24-2004, 06:06 PM
too old. pass on him. we got wire, prioleau, and milloy to play ss and fs. and maybe even vincent. so pass.