PDA

View Full Version : is the O-Line still our biggest need?

K-Gun
03-22-2004, 11:33 PM
funny story, my brother works at this pizza place right by the Ralph. MM came in about a month ago to pick up a pizza, and the owner's 8 yr old nephew walks right up to him and says, "hey coach, you need to fix that offensive line." MM kind of laughed and said " i know, i know we're working on it."

true story, so my bro tells me. anyways, i'm psyched about Mcnally and all, but our C and LG positions need addressing. no way MP/MP, RT, or MS cut it at LG all season. we won't be able to run inside effectively. since it doesn't look like Teague is going anywhere this season, we need to find a solid LG if we are going to pound the ball like we were supposed to last year. is Vernon Carey the answer? or should we expect this need to be filled by someone with a lower profile? i really think the O-Line is priority #1 for a successful 2004 campaign. Villarial is a good start, but we need at least one more key starter for me to be satisfied.

Felser's Ghost
03-23-2004, 12:00 AM
I agree... Although they have other needs as well, it starts in the trenches. I don't think the Bill's should go G or C first round, but 2nd-4th round would bring a nice prospect in who could compete immediately. I don't know if there is anyone worth it in FA at this point...

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 12:09 AM
i truely believe that marquise sullivan got totally whored out of a job.. he is young.. huge.. and i am sure has even more hunger now than he ever did. i think he can play the spot and play it well..

i would not complain about drafting a guy.. there are about 10 that i can think of right now that i would say could help us... but the biggest need is center..

teague just doesnt instill confidence ..

if we drafted jake grove or stepanovich.. i think that we would be fine at LG with either Sullivan or tucker.

i listened to tuckers interview on bb.com.. and i actually like the guy..

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Felser's Ghost
I agree... Although they have other needs as well, it starts in the trenches. I don't think the Bill's should go G or C first round, but 2nd-4th round would bring a nice prospect in who could compete immediately. I don't know if there is anyone worth it in FA at this point...

good to see you posting.. keep it up!! :D

mypoorfriendme
03-23-2004, 01:13 AM
there is sure to be notable cuts in june, and also, id say TD's specialty is finding diamonds in the rough as far as o-linemen in the draft go. sulllivan, jennings, pucillo, all late rounders. mike williams on the other hand, was a 3 overall and has produced about as much

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 01:17 AM
i would NOT call pucillo a find.. lol..

Felser's Ghost
03-23-2004, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

good to see you posting.. keep it up!! :D

Yes... I hope I'm living up to my "insightful" reputation.

The_Philster
03-23-2004, 04:52 AM
The only real hole I see right now is at C...I don't have a lot of confidence in Teague. Sullivan did ok at RG 2 seasons ago and I see no reason he can't do well at LG.

Originally posted by Tatonka
i would NOT call pucillo a find.. lol..

Corey Simon would since Pucillo helped him sacking Drew.

SABURZFAN
03-23-2004, 05:42 AM
you can NEVER have too many offensive linemen.i say we draft a center,a guard,and a tackle.

our reserves are weak except for tucker and price.

Jan Reimers
03-23-2004, 05:58 AM
With the talent we have already - including Sullivan, who could be very good - and the coaching of McNally, I would feel comfortable with the addition of only one more quality O lineman, perhaps a 2nd round center.

EDS
03-23-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
With the talent we have already - including Sullivan, who could be very good - and the coaching of McNally, I would feel comfortable with the addition of only one more quality O lineman, perhaps a 2nd round center.

I agree completely.

elltrain22
03-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Tatonka is right. All we need to do is solidify that Center position, and our O-line will be all right for next year.

venis2k1
03-23-2004, 02:08 PM
i dont want our o-line to be "all right" i want them to be nasty.