If you guys are still looking for a backup TE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

If you guys are still looking for a backup TE...

Hunter Goodwin was released by the Vikings. He isn't much of a receiver, but he is a top-notch blocker. He probably could be had for short money, and he knows the division from his days with Miami.

From the sound of it, he got caught up in a numbers game in Minnesota, who has Kleinsasser for blocking, Wiggins as a receiver, and 2 youngsters they like at TE. Goodwin is getting a little older (he turns 32 this coming season), but he knows how to block.

Articles:

Follow the StarTribune for the news, photos and videos from the Twin Cities and beyond.

Tight end Hunter Goodwin, an eight-year veteran, was released by the Vikings on Monday. Goodwin became expendable after the team signed free agent Jermaine Wiggins last week.

The Vikings discussed Goodwin's fate Monday afternoon. "We want to do what's best for us and at the same time we want to treat Hunter with respect," coach Mike Tice said.

Goodwin, 31, originally a fourth-round pick of the Vikings in 1996, caught four passes for 26 yards last season in the second year of his second stint with the team. He played with Miami from 1999 to 2001.

The Vikings released veteran tight end Hunter Goodwin. With the re-signing of Jim Kleinsasser and the addition of Jermaine Wiggins, the Vikings are intrigued by young tight ends such as Sean Berton and Steve Farmer.
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Re: If you guys are still looking for a backup TE...

Originally posted by NE39
    Hunter Goodwin

The Vikings released veteran tight end Hunter Goodwin. With the re-signing of Jim Kleinsasser and the addition of Jermaine Wiggins, the Vikings are intrigued by young tight ends such as Sean Berton and Steve Farmer.

Too many O's!
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Find me a TE that can catch the ball.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

did e.kinney sign with anybody yet?
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Hunter Goodwin

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Hey he's 6-5 270 and is supposed to be a good blocker. I say bring him in.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            did e.kinney sign with anybody yet?
            He resigned with the Titans.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I still like Roland Williams, who is younger than Goodwin, just as big and as good a blocker, and can catch a little.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                I still like Roland Williams, who is younger than Goodwin, just as big and as good a blocker, and can catch a little.
                And he would sell a bunch of tickets.

Comment

Working...
                X