PDA

View Full Version : No Volek, does that mean...

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-23-2004, 06:52 AM
Tim Couch might be pursued. It seems like a TD move. There is no doubt that Couch has some ability. The only thing is how much. I am getting this feeling that TD is going to wait and get Couch at a very cheap price.

I am not a big fan of Couch, but it may be better than the ulternatives in Doug Johnson and UGGGGH, Kordell.

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-23-2004, 06:54 AM
I think we're more likely to draft a QB in round 1 or 2.

Pride
03-23-2004, 07:06 AM
couch has got to be at a point where he would sign as a #2 or #3, if there is a chance to revive his career. buffalo would be perfect for him. He has a 2 year window to attempt to outplay Bledsoe, and a rookie... and if he doenst outplay the rookie, he would be a solid #2 IMO.

Novacane
03-23-2004, 07:07 AM
I'd go with the rookie in round 1 now and Travis Brown. Brown is just as good as the crap thats left out there. If bledsoe sucks again the season will be shot anyway so they could throw the young guy in and get him some experience.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-23-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I'd go with the rookie in round 1 now and Travis Brown. Brown is just as good as the crap thats left out there. If bledsoe sucks again the season will be shot anyway so they could throw the young guy in and get him some experience.

So this season is on the shoulders of Bledsoe and a rookie? Sounds like giving up on the season before it starts.

justasportsfan
03-23-2004, 07:59 AM
If he's willing to play for back-up cash, I wouldn't mind.....

Drew, Couch/Brown.

elltrain22
03-23-2004, 08:01 AM
I am still unsold on Tim Couch. To me, his skills are almost identical to Bledsoe, and I don't want another guy that is just gonna get sacked all the time, and not make the big play when he needs to.

Novacane
03-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly

So this season is on the shoulders of Bledsoe and a rookie? Sounds like giving up on the season before it starts.

What other options do we have. TD is going with Bledsoe. Everyone knows that would not be my choice but thats the way it is.

I'd rather go with a rookie at backup than Couch. Couch would not save our season if Bledsoe blows again. Might as well let the QB of the future get some experience if Bledsoe sucks the first half of the season.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-23-2004, 08:47 AM
I wasn't putting your post down, I am just saying that if that is the way it goes, there isn't much to look forward to if Bledsoe fails.

Mr. Miyagi
03-23-2004, 09:06 AM
I'd bring Jeff George out of retirement before I sign Tim Couch.

Mr. Cynical
03-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
What other options do we have. TD is going with Bledsoe. Everyone knows that would not be my choice but thats the way it is.

I'd rather go with a rookie at backup than Couch. Couch would not save our season if Bledsoe blows again. Might as well let the QB of the future get some experience if Bledsoe sucks the first half of the season.

I feel the same way.

The_Philster
03-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
I wasn't putting your post down, I am just saying that if that is the way it goes, there isn't much to look forward to if Bledsoe fails.

Couch isn't much to look forward to either.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Couch isn't much to look forward to either.

Good point, but I think I would rather have a QB that has played than a rookie taking us anywhere.

Jan Reimers
03-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I'd bring Jeff George out of retirement before I sign Tim Couch.

I'd bring in Sammy Baugh, who just turned 90, before Couch.