X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drummernut
    • Sep 2003

McGahee at 240 lbs ??!!

Someone on another message board reported that Mularkey said this on his ESPN radio interview last night. Also said that Willis is "chisseled" and is ready to go.

Umm....hi...can you say HORRIFYING :punchu:
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

How much do those pins in his knee weigh?

Comment

• Aero II
      RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
      • Jul 2002

240? Is that his his weight or what he benches?

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Aero II
        240? Is that his his weight or what he benches?

I'm pretty sure I read that Willis can Bench 300 or so. Highly doubt this is true the guy is always in the weight room he wouldn't blow his chance to get his career going. I bet he weight 220-225.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

240...? Chisled?

Sounds contradictory...either he heard 214 and thought it was 240...or he's full of crap.

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            240...? Chisled?

Sounds contradictory...either he heard 214 and thought it was 240...or he's full of crap.
            I saw Willis close-up at several games last year. There's no way he's 240 unless he did some major steroids in the offseason.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Or Cheeseburgers

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

maybe he ate doug flutie.. that would get him from 214 to 240.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                  Or Cheeseburgers
                  But seriously, I don't think a guy would work his behind off rehabbing his knee only to blow it by eating too much Mickey D's.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Are they maybe saying that he put on a ton of muscle??? Just because he gained weight doesn't mean he got fat. 240 might be aggagerating but maybe he is up to 225 or 230.

Comment

• berndog5
                      • Jun 2003

Based on what Mularkey said about Willis' weight is is very possible and he are some numbers to crunch.
                      When Jamal Lewis was drafted he measured up at 5'11" - 224lbs and ran a 4.35 40. Now Lewis stacks up at 235lbs and that is with a cocaine habit "allegedly".
                      When Willis was drafted his numbers were 6'0" - 223lbs and pre-injury ran a 4.23 40. Over the period of a year with regular weight training, 17lbs. is pretty easy add. Especially with the help of a personal trainer.
                      Looking at the numbers one can only imagine having a quicker and more elusive Jamal Lewis type back.
                      "Yikes"
                      I hope the AFC East line backers are eating their Wheaties!!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by berndog5
                        Based on what Mularkey said about Willis' weight is is very possible and he are some numbers to crunch.
                        When Jamal Lewis was drafted he measured up at 5'11" - 224lbs and ran a 4.35 40. Now Lewis stacks up at 235lbs and that is with a cocaine habit "allegedly".
                        When Willis was drafted his numbers were 6'0" - 223lbs and pre-injury ran a 4.23 40. Over the period of a year with regular weight training, 17lbs. is pretty easy add. Especially with the help of a personal trainer.
                        Looking at the numbers one can only imagine having a quicker and more elusive Jamal Lewis type back.
                        "Yikes"
                        I hope the AFC East line backers are eating their Wheaties!!!!
                        I agree. I wonder what his 4 time post injury/extra weight is.
                        If it is anywhere near what it was Mcghahee is going to be SICK! I think it was smart to hold him out last year. I am starting to get exited about him

Comment

• ryjam282
                          Offical Billszone Starting QB
                          • Mar 2003

His playing weight was 225 or so at "THE U" so, 240 I think might be a little heavy for him. Maybe he is experimenting with it for the mini camps, we all know there is a lot of weight loss at those things, so maybe he wants to go in a little heavy and just lose it. Either way, Willis, will be the man, he is a great back and can do it all.

Ryan Withey
                          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun

I saw Willis close-up at several games last year. There's no way he's 240 unless he did some major steroids in the offseason.
                            Funny you should say that, I don't know if you remember but during the Washington game last year, he walked by our seats and we got to talk to him for a few minutes. Anyway, on Saturday night, my sister-in-law had the pictures from the game and there were two nice shots of him signing hats and whatnot. Nice shot of what I think are praying hand tattoos on his neck.
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

I think the source of this info is a joke-

an "Unnamed poster" on an "un-named MB" says he heard Mularkey on an "Un-named" Radio show on ESPN last night.

Why are we even discussing this?

ESPN archives the last shows- if someone wants to sift through the shows last night and listen to all of them then be my guest- but at this point this whole thread is a load of totally baseless fiction-

Noty busting on you Drummernut- but have at least a link to the post on another board? Or the name of the show?

Comment

Working...
                              X