• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NC-BILLS44
    • Jul 2002

Rivers works out.

I thought the workout was today?

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

• The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

It wouldn't surprise me if the Chargers either select Rivers #1 or trade down to 5or so an dselect him. I figured the Steelers we're interested. This is going to be a very, very interesting draft.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

if they select rivers number one.. the nfl should reserve the right to take their franchise away and give it to a homeless person.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
        if they select rivers number one.. the nfl should reserve the right to take their franchise away and give it to a homeless person.
        Hey that organization wouldn't surprise me at all that's why I said that.

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

mark my words Rivers is gonna be a star, or one of these other goofy ass gamebreaker, playmaker....whatever nicknames.

Unbelievably accurate and smart. I pray he falls to us.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

the thing is.. i feel the same way.. but he could easily be a horrible nfl qb too.. you just never know.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

I might be the only one here that thinks Rivers is going to be an average QB. I am one that thinks his delivery will be a problem in the NFL and his arm isn't strong enough. That being said, if the Bills decide to take a chance on him I will become a fan.

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

im willing to agree there, its a tough call. BUT, if Rivers plays the smart ball he always has, with his instincts, smarts and accuracy he could be lethal and compliment our 2-3 guys very well. His ability to flow through his progressions is quite impressive.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                  • Jul 2002

RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS RIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Indeed!

Comment

• ryjam282
                      Offical Billszone Starting QB
                      • Mar 2003

I sure hope we had some people at the workout. I am not a huge fan at all of taking a QB in the first round if they are commited to Bledsoe but there is no way in hell we can pass on this guy. I would even venture to say that we have to try and move up a few spots to grab him before the Steelers have a shot at him. He will be a superstar in the NFL. Mark my words, I have watched him play countless times and he has all the tools and the most important tool is, he wins the big game. Beat FSU a few times and was MVP of every bowl game he played in including the Senior Bowl. In that game, he was supposed to get only 2 series' and he did so well that they just kept putting him out there. He honestly could be the next Jimbo for us, he will be that good.

Ryan Withey
                      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ryjam282
                        I sure hope we had some people at the workout. I am not a huge fan at all of taking a QB in the first round if they are commited to Bledsoe but there is no way in hell we can pass on this guy. I would even venture to say that we have to try and move up a few spots to grab him before the Steelers have a shot at him. He will be a superstar in the NFL. Mark my words, I have watched him play countless times and he has all the tools and the most important tool is, he wins the big game. Beat FSU a few times and was MVP of every bowl game he played in including the Senior Bowl. In that game, he was supposed to get only 2 series' and he did so well that they just kept putting him out there. He honestly could be the next Jimbo for us, he will be that good.
                        I agree ry, the more I watch him and read about him the more I like. Thing I like most is he is a smart QB, doesnt take sacks and is 2nd in NCAA yardage because he finds the open man. I think he could really help our 2-3 recievers because hes so good at getting the ball out accuratley.

And when/if we release Bledsoe next season we will eb thanking ourselves.

Can you imagine:

QB - Rivers/Bledsoe
                        WR - Moulds/Reed/Shaw/Clayton-Evans
                        RB - WM/TH

We sort out our OL and we have no excuses, thats a hell of a lineup.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                            I might be the only one here that thinks Rivers is going to be an average QB. I am one that thinks his delivery will be a problem in the NFL and his arm isn't strong enough. That being said, if the Bills decide to take a chance on him I will become a fan.

some scouts have that concern too.. all i can say is that there are obvious cases where a slight sidearm delivery has not = nfl disaster... and it also leads to his lightning quick release and accuracy.. and i can also seeing it be more of a concern if he wasnt 6'5".. but he is a big man..

as far as his arm strength.. i think he showed in the senior bowl that he can launch the ball.. and he did his whole career at ncst.. there are tons of qbs like brady and pennington and montana that never had dominant arms and were/are very successful.. and tons more cases of strong armed guys like drukenmiller, leaf, and bledsoe that are not good qbs..

i think the main things that i like about him is the accuracy.. the very quick release (ie... not holding the ball too long) .. the functional scrambling ability (ie.. marino's ability to skirt around in the pocket like he had a 6th sense about pressure).. and his performance in big big games.. 5 bowl games in his career.. 5 wins.. 5 mvp awards to go with that.

it is easy to love a guy like rivers..

but at best.. a qb in the first round is 50-50 no matter what kind of prospect he is.. so i understand your concerns, Ghost.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                              • Jul 2002

We need a QB to take over when DB is done. RIVERS is the MAN!

Comment

Working...
                              X