PDA

View Full Version : Sucks to be a Bengals fan.

lordofgun
03-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Troy Vincent :bigwave:
Warren Sapp :bigwave:
Bobby Taylor :bigwave:

Plus the new B on their uni sucks.

:lolpoint:Bengals fans

I'm definitely the most insightful poster. :up:

Pride
03-23-2004, 10:34 AM
It sucks worse to be a dolphins fan!

Feeley, A.J. :welcome:
Boston, David :welcome:

:lolpoint: Dolphin Fans

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 10:39 AM
where did taylor go? i thought he was still out there.

Patrick76777
03-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Pride
It sucks worse to be a dolphins fan!

Feeley, A.J. :welcome:
Boston, David :welcome:

:lolpoint: Dolphin Fans

LMAO!

lordofgun
03-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
where did taylor go? i thought he was still out there.

I just heard he's about to sign in Seattle.

Pride
03-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Jason Taylor? Wow... this is the first I've heard about him leaving... it is true, say goodnight to their "vaunted" defense!

lordofgun
03-23-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Pride
Jason Taylor? Wow... this is the first I've heard about him leaving... it is true, say goodnight to their "vaunted" defense!

No, Bobby.

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 11:12 AM
jason taylor just extended his deal.. he will retire a fish.

Ickybaluky
03-23-2004, 11:35 AM
You really think you should be busting on Bengal's fans? I mean, in the last 3 years the Bengals are 16-32, while the Bills in that same time frame went 17-31.

Is a 1-game differencial enough to claim trash-talking rights?

lordofgun
03-23-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by NE39
You really think you should be busting on Bengal's fans? I mean, in the last 3 years the Bengals are 16-32, while the Bills in that same time frame went 17-31.

Yes. You cannot compare the two franchises.

The Spaz
03-23-2004, 11:40 AM

1 year doesn't make up for 20 years of being the 2nd ****tiest franchise the Cadinals are #1.

Novacane
03-23-2004, 12:26 PM
I feel sorry for Bengal fans. FA don't want to go there because no matter how good Lewis is M. Brown is still calling the shots. Thier decision to just hand the QB job to Palmer without a competition after Kitna came off a career year was not a Marvin Lewis decision. He's not stupid. Mike Brown is.

Ickybaluky
03-23-2004, 12:32 PM
History aside, why pick on the Bengals? So they haven't signed a big-money FA, but they did sign Nate Webster and have some good young players. They have a young HC with a proven track record of fielding good defenses. They have a talented, young QB who could be a franchise guy and will start to play. They have good, young players like Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson.

Marvin Lewis isn't panicking, he may have lost out on certain players, but he isn't going to overpay. I am impressed with the direction he is providing that team, the first time in a long time they have had a real plan.

The Bengals might surprise some people in the next few years.

The Spaz
03-23-2004, 12:51 PM
The Bengals will suck as long as Mike Brown is th eowner. As was said before Mike Brown handed th ekeys over too Carson Palmer not Marvin Lewis guaranteed.

lordofgun
03-23-2004, 12:55 PM
History aside, why pick on the Bengals?

Because we can't pick on the Pats anymore. :mad:

Ickybaluky
03-23-2004, 01:11 PM
I disagree. I think it was Lewis' call all the way to start Palmer. In fact, I think he is in complete control of that team.

How long do you want them to wait to play Palmer? Do you think Kitna is the long-term Answer? When did Kitna even become good?

Kitna had a pretty good year last year, but that is mitigated by the fact he had very good talent around him. He showed he can make big plays downfield with a solid running game and big-play WR. However, he still isn't a franchise QB, as he throws too many picks and is too inconsistent (He is either really good or he sucks).

The Bengals did a smart thing by sitting Palmer for a season, but in the age of the salary cap you need to find out if the guy can play. He has had his chance to learn the Pro Game, see how to prepare and take advantage of NFL conditioning. Palmer will take his lumps, but by getting Palmer playing experience now he might become the franchise QB that will lead that time for years. Why wait to get him in there?

Dozerdog
03-23-2004, 01:49 PM

We beat them twice in that span, once in OT :up:

We got them again this season for the 3rd time in a row- might as well be in our division