PDA

View Full Version : 3 vistors today

The Spaz
03-23-2004, 10:40 AM
3 visitors will be visiting One Bills Drive today they are (CB) Terry Cousin, (QB) Doug Johnson, (TE) Brian Kozlowski.

Patrick76777
03-23-2004, 10:41 AM
NO DOUG JOHNSON!

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 10:43 AM
CB - Terry Cousins (Carolina)

CB - Doug Johnson (Hotlanta)

CB - Brian Kozlowski (Hotlanta)

anyone wanna look up some info on cousins and kozlowski?

i am surprised that they are looking at a CB still.. would we keep more than 4 CBs? you would assume that

clements, vincent, mcgee, and thomas are locked in.. what other cbs are on our roster right now that cousins would be competing with.. or is he older.. and may be a FS candidate?

kozlowski - a catcher or a blocker?

The Spaz
03-23-2004, 10:46 AM
http://assets.sportvision.com/falcons/assets/images/5155.jpg
<b>Terry Cousin</b>

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3297

Patrick76777
03-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Yo, I'll take Cousin in a second!

The Spaz
03-23-2004, 10:48 AM
http://images.nfl.com/photos/img6649224.jpg
<b>Doug Johnson</b>

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/192232

The Spaz
03-23-2004, 10:52 AM
http://www.790thezone.com/APNews/photos/CRB10209281817@news.ap.org.jpg
<b>Brian Kozlowski</b>

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1564

Bill Brasky
03-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Doug Johnson? Awesome... i'm super pumped. not.

The Spaz
03-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Beat you by 3 minutes:biggrin:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41639

lordofgun
03-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
http://images.nfl.com/photos/img6649224.jpg
<b>Doug Johnson</b>

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/192232

I forgot he wears #11. Just say no. :eek:

John Doe
03-23-2004, 10:59 AM
i am surprised that they are looking at a CB still.. would we keep more than 4 CBs? you would assume that

Most teams will keep 5 CB's - we went into last season with 5.

Mr. Miyagi
03-23-2004, 11:00 AM
I'd take Cousin just for depth, but still want Thomas and McGee get a chance to develop.

Save the plane ticket, just hang up on Doug Johnson.

Kozlowski is 33 years old. Not much of a pass catcher but judging by his size he's a blocker. 6'3" 250? Bring him on! Just look at his damn neck!!! It's thicker than most of our thighs!

http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/1564.jpg

Mr. Miyagi
03-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Threads merged. :miyagi:

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-23-2004, 11:03 AM
Just think if they sign Doug Johnson, all of the Johnson #11 jerseys get a little value back!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
03-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Just think if they sign Doug Johnson, all of the Johnson #11 jerseys get a little value back!!!!
They'd probably make it "D. Johnson" just to screw everyone. :snicker:

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Beat you by 3 minutes:biggrin:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41639

i smoked before i posted it. :D

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 11:06 AM
you realize that doug johnsons season stats, if he was the starter all year, translate to 16 tds and 24 turnovers...

guess who that is better than?

keep dogging him.. it just cracks me up.. because what does it say about bledsoe.

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 11:08 AM
doug johnson sucks because of his numbers and should hang it up.. but bledsoe just needs another chance and few more changes to the oline, wrs, and coachs..

:snicker:

ShadowHawk7
03-23-2004, 11:08 AM
NOT ANOTHER JOHNSON! HELL NO! That TE is cannon fodder, and Cousin looks like a pretty good pickup, but we have TV... :scratch:

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 11:17 AM
i just talked to my dolphin buddy about cousins...he basically said he is decent.. but nothing to write home about.. and what we have is better.. he would probably fight for the 4th cb spot..

he said he only lasted one season in miami.

The Spaz
03-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

i smoked before i posted it. :D

Another reason why smoking is bad.:snicker::beer:

Jan Reimers
03-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Doug Johnson is only 26, has started 11 games, and his numbers are not bad considering he played for a fairly mediocre team. I don't understand all the drooling over Billy Volek - who is older and had exactly one successful start for a much better team - versus the absolute bashing of Johnson.

It seems to me that Johnson could be as effective a backup as many thought Volek would be.

Jeff1220
03-23-2004, 12:00 PM
I forgot he wears #11. Just say no.

Uh, I know many of you guys don't think much of him, but there is still someone on the roster who wears #11.

Jeff1220
03-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220

Uh, I know many of you guys don't think much of him, but there is still someone on the roster who wears #11.

So if DJ wouldn't wear #11, that could be a blessing in disguise for him.

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Doug Johnson is only 26, has started 11 games, and his numbers are not bad considering he played for a fairly mediocre team. I don't understand all the drooling over Billy Volek - who is older and had exactly one successful start for a much better team - versus the absolute bashing of Johnson.

It seems to me that Johnson could be as effective a backup as many thought Volek would be.

not to mention his numbers are better than our superstar, stud qb that we are starting now.

Patrick76777
03-23-2004, 12:38 PM

not to mention his numbers are better than our superstar, stud qb that we are starting now.

I don't think anybody here thinks that Drew is a Superstar, Stud QB!

And why would you want to replace garbage with Garbage?

Patrick76777
03-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

That being said, if we sign him, I'll have faith in TD and I'll go with it. Maybe the guy is a good back up! I just don't know if I like him as the long term answer.

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 12:41 PM

there are plenty of fans that really believe that bledsoe is an allstar , probowl qb who just had a bad year.. and somehow ignore the other 10.

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 12:43 PM
and you would replace garbage with garbage to save 6 million dollars..

pay garbage 6 million

vs..

pay garabage 500k..

tough call.

justasportsfan
03-23-2004, 12:44 PM
you trying to turn this into a Drew hate thread again? T do you still hang out with wys?

Some guys keep complaining about every qb we look at.....karma is a b!tch and she might bring us Kordell in the end. :yikes:

Patrick76777
03-23-2004, 12:49 PM
and you would replace garbage with garbage to save 6 million dollars..

pay garbage 6 million

vs..

pay garabage 500k..

tough call.

So you're OK with a garbage Starting QB because we save money?

Demon
03-23-2004, 01:14 PM
One thing i didn't see mentioned (although i read it fast) is that Brian Kozlowski, just like Roland Williams, is a Rochester native. He graduated Webster High School a few years back.

I think Kozlowski is decent, but if I could have one between him or Williams, i'd definetly choose Williams.

STAMPY
03-23-2004, 01:38 PM
doug johnson is no question an upgrade over alex van pelt... he's prolly cheaper too. and besides he's just back up material. that's what we are bringing him in for. drew is our guy for the time being. and i expect a big year from drew. we will draft our qb of future in draft. btw what about jesse palmer he's a young qb, backup of giants. he's a FA

The Spaz
03-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
doug johnson is no question an upgrade over alex van pelt... he's prolly cheaper too. and besides he's just back up material. that's what we are bringing him in for. drew is our guy for the time being. and i expect a big year from drew. we will draft our qb of future in draft. btw what about jesse palmer he's a young qb, backup of giants. he's a FA

I think Jessie Palmer was picked to be the next "bachelor":eeklol:

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 01:53 PM
So you're OK with a garbage Starting QB because we save money?

absolutely not.. but if your committed to going with garbage at qb.. like it seems we are with drew bledsoe.. you mine as well cut him and go with cheaper garbage that puts up better stats.

and justa.. i am not down on every qb.. not by a long shot.. i was ok with volek..i can deal with johnson.. or any rookie..

i simply am down on drew. period.

STAMPY
03-23-2004, 02:01 PM
i remember that big game doug johnson had vs the ny giants in 2002. when vick didn't play. he knocked the giants out. threw for a td, ran for one, actually passed for 257 yards on a roster of scrub wr's on his only start of year

Felser's Ghost
03-23-2004, 02:25 PM

there are plenty of fans that really believe that bledsoe is an allstar , probowl qb who just had a bad year.. and somehow ignore the other 10.

Judging from your posts, Bledsoe doesn't get a Christmas card. So, tell me... Sioux of the Great Plains.... and please give me an acceptable argument.... Why have Bledsoe's eleven years been such a failure? Obviously it's an argument you're dying to make.

casdhf
03-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Isn't Kozlowski from Rochester?

Mr. Miyagi
03-23-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
Isn't Kozlowski from Rochester?
Yes.

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Felser's Ghost
Judging from your posts, Bledsoe doesn't get a Christmas card. So, tell me... Sioux of the Great Plains.... and please give me an acceptable argument.... Why have Bledsoe's eleven years been such a failure? Obviously it's an argument you're dying to make.

your asking a loaded question.. and it would take pages to write.. the easiest answer for you would be to go to the search option, and go through the posts with bledsoe in them..

but to put it simply..

he is over rated.. always has been.. he has had 2 good season.. 96 and 97.. under one of the best HC in the game.. he was always a media boy because he throws for big yardage, but he doesnt score.. he turns the ball over more than his fair share.. and he hold the ball too long and locks on to his receivers, which puts an extreme amount of pressure on the oline.. then he looks around, bewildered, as he is getting up from his 8th sack of the game... the best he has ever done is throw for 28 tds.. and only 5 times in his 11 year career has he even broken 20 tds in a season..

his performance in his 6 playoff games he has played in consisted of only one game out of the six that he had more TDs that TURNOVERS.. only ONE..

his lifetime win percentage in his 11 years against teams with winning records is so miserable that i can not even think of it at the moment.. is is around 25%.

he has never won a superbowl.. and at one point in his career, he admitted that he lost his desire to play.

he was traded away by the best coaching staff in the nfl.. to a division rival.. if that doesnt say enough right there.. i dont know what does..

but to get why i REALLY cant stand him as the qb in Buffalo.. look no further than this.. his last 26 games in buffalo have netted us a total of 21 TDs and 41 turnovers.. and we have paid over 10 million so far for that.

bledsoe is going to make the 25 million we wasted in rob johnson look like we had a chunk of microsoft stock in 1990...

shall i go on?

TigerJ
03-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Johnson, Kozlowski, and Cousins. Well, if none of them signs, I'm not devastated. Johnson? I don't know much except for what we can read at NFL.com. If Buffalo signs him, I guess I'm trusting in the instincts of Sam Wyche, who would surely have some input into the decision to sign or not to sign the guy. No, I'm not smitten with Bledsoe, but he is our QB until TD decides otherwise. I would hope that Buffalo's #2 QB next fall is a guy that is given some shot at being a future starter. That is he's got to have some upside. Nothing in Johnson's career screams at me that he is the guy. If Buffalo signs him, I hope they are still going to consider drafting a QB.

I see no reason to sign Cousins with the CBs already under contract.

Regarding Kozlowski, isn't he a clone of Dave Moore, except he can't catch? Why cut Moore to sign Kozlowski, Ra-cha-cha native or not? Sign Roland Williams if you want a WNY native. He's younger and has more size, probably better hands too. Kozlowski has one impressive neck, but he can't catch the ball or block with his neck.

SABURZFAN
03-23-2004, 06:51 PM
i wouldn't be disappointed if d.johnson is our backup QB.

Dolfan984
03-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Cousin is not bad. Absouletly blew Fletcher away for the nickle spot Fletcher's rookie year.

You see that pic with Koslowski? Fumble. Who's that player?

Maybe, the new #3 CB for Miami. ;)

But seriously, Cousin makes a pretty damn good #3 guy. I thought he started for Carolina last year? I could be wrong.

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
Cousin is not bad. Absouletly blew Fletcher away for the nickle spot Fletcher's rookie year.

You see that pic with Koslowski? Fumble. Who's that player?

Maybe, the new #3 CB for Miami. ;)

But seriously, Cousin makes a pretty damn good #3 guy. I thought he started for Carolina last year? I could be wrong.

he did.. then he got hurt at the end of the year.. and that kid .. the rookie, cant remember his name.. their 3rd round pick.. came in and just blew up.. he was great.

Bert102176
03-23-2004, 09:58 PM
I like Brian Kozlowski wouldn't mind him here

B-DON
03-23-2004, 10:32 PM
manning jr. for carolina