PDA

View Full Version : Billy Volek is an A-hole!

Patrick76777
03-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Go take the money and sit behind the league MVP for 4 years! This Douche bag could have been starting by week 3 in Buffalo! I hope McNair doesn’t miss a game over the next 4 seasons and Billy V has to sit on the bench for EVERY SINGLE GAME!

And as far as a Back up QB goes, get this Doug Johnson out of here! I’m not a Dolphin fan, You can’t crap in my mouth and call it a Sundae and expect me to be happy about it. This guy is a bum!

Dozerdog
03-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Who says that he wouldn't be stuck behind Drew for the entire season? Or at least until the team would be in big trouble.

And with the running game we are developing- it looks like DB won't be the focus of the offense so less opportnities for him to mess up

Patrick76777
03-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Who says that he wouldn't be stuck behind Drew for the entire season? Or at least until the team would be in big trouble.

And with the running game we are developing- it looks like DB won't be the focus of the offense so less opportnities for him to mess up

Just let me vent DD! You know me, I'm all for giving Drew a shot!

Mr. Miyagi
03-23-2004, 10:55 AM
If Volek sits behind McNair for another 4 years, he'll be happy. Zero work, big pay? Hell where do I sign up?

And I agree, no thanks on Doug Johnson.

Bill Brasky
03-23-2004, 10:56 AM
What was the big deal about Volek anyways? I never saw anything great from him...

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
I’m not a Dolphin fan, You can’t crap in my mouth and call it a Sundae and expect me to be happy about it.

:rofl:

Originally posted by jfreeman
What was the big deal about Volek anyways? I never saw anything great from him...

well. it might be the 300 yards and 3 tds that he put up on the #2 defense in the nfl last season.. i would say that was impressive..

i think you guys are being too hard on doug johnson.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Zero work, big pay? Hell where do I sign up?

Sounds like Darcy Regier's job, except he has to work one day during the year.

Mr. Miyagi
03-23-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i think you guys are being too hard on doug johnson.
Exactly. I think you guys are having too big of a hard on for Doug Johnson.

:couch:

Patrick76777
03-23-2004, 11:07 AM
If Volek sits behind McNair for another 4 years, he'll be happy. Zero work, big pay? Hell where do I sign up?

And I agree, no thanks on Doug Johnson.

Well if that’s the case and he’s a QB who would be happy not playing, then maybe I don’t want him.

Bill Brasky
03-23-2004, 11:07 AM
well. it might be the 300 yards and 3 tds that he put up on the #2 defense in the nfl last season.. i would say that was impressive..

I am not sold on one good performance.

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by jfreeman
I am not sold on one good performance.

you said what has he done.. i was just telling you.. he ate our lunch.. and cost us a game..

i dont really care about him now.. he decided to go the route of nfl scrub and career backup.. congrats to him.

Ebenezer
03-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Go take the money and sit behind the league MVP for 4 years!

Did you like Frank Reich??

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 11:15 AM
no.. i hated him.. what did he ever do for us?

:D

Patrick76777
03-23-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

Did you like Frank Reich??

What does that have to do with anything????

Frank was a back up. he came in and did his job. Volek should be looking for his best chance to start!

THATHURMANATOR
03-23-2004, 11:18 AM
Not big on Doug Johnson but I think it is important to add someone with some experience.

Ebenezer
03-23-2004, 11:21 AM
What does that have to do with anything????

Frank was a back up. he came in and did his job. Volek should be looking for his best chance to start!

Why? Volek is making money playing where he wants to play in a roll he wants...more people should have that opportunity.

Patrick76777
03-23-2004, 11:27 AM

Why? Volek is making money playing where he wants to play in a roll he wants...more people should have that opportunity.

Well if that’s the case and he’s a QB who would be happy not playing, then maybe I don’t want him.

I want my QB to want to be on the field at all times.

Ebenezer
03-23-2004, 11:30 AM
I want my QB to want to be on the field at all times.

So, you are saying we shouldn't carry more than 1 QB?

Mr. Miyagi
03-23-2004, 11:31 AM
TWO WORDS: JEFF HOSTETLER

:cry:

Patrick76777
03-23-2004, 11:38 AM

So, you are saying we shouldn't carry more than 1 QB?

No Eb, that's not what I'm saying!

I want 3 QB's that want to play! I want a QB that realizes that he'd be better off getting that playing time by going to a team with QB troubles. And not stay in a safe spot by playing behind the league MVP!

You know what I'm saying!

We could go on forever, you'll come back with something about Flutie Johnson and having that again, and I'll say that I don't want guys happy to be on the bench. and by 4:00 I'll have no work done!

Listen, it's easy, We had serious QB issues last year and we couldn't do anything about it because for most of the season our only other option was nice guy AVP! And nice guy AVP was not winning any games for us and was not any hope for a long term answer. Billy Volek and his agent should have realized that and gone to the right place. There is a decent chance that Drew will struggle again this year and we'll need someone to take over! I don't want a Good guy, Frank or Alex back there!

Patrick76777
03-23-2004, 11:40 AM

TWO WORDS: JEFF HOSTETLER

:cry:

What does Jeff Hostetler have to do with me being pissed off because Billy Volek didn't go to where most people think he has a better chance of playing?

Bill Brasky
03-23-2004, 04:07 PM

you said what has he done.. i was just telling you.. he ate our lunch.. and cost us a game..

i dont really care about him now.. he decided to go the route of nfl scrub and career backup.. congrats to him.

I know. I was just saying I wasn't sold on him.

Marvelous
03-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Not big on Doug Johnson but I think it is important to add someone with some experience.
I agree 100% Lets get a free agent with some exp, draft QB OTF, and try to keep Travis Brown. We have a QB coach now:cheers: so i say keep 4 QB's. But yeah we need a backup with some exp...

*I'm glad we didn't get Volek.
1- $$$
2- He didn't show me anything against us
3- who the hell is he? lol

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 04:45 PM
he did get paid basically nothing.. volek ended up making alot less than i though.

Dantheman1280
03-23-2004, 05:49 PM
You guys are forgetting about Travis Brown!! Im not sold on him yet but he has some experience and he has been with the bills for a while! and then we will draft a QB and we will be FINE!!

Bert102176
03-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Doug Johnson is a waist of space for who ever signs him, and I hope to god we don't sign him