PDA

View Full Version : Josh Reed's Potential

Demon
03-23-2004, 01:35 PM
I just picked up the current issue of ESPN the Magazine, and in the NFL section they have a little piece on Josh Reed.

Here's what it says about Reed:

"Reed's 2003 numbers (58 catches, 588 yards, 2TDs) were roughly half the 2002 stats of Peerless Price, who bolted to Atlanta last year. New coach Mike Mularkey, fresh from Pittsburgh, thinks Reed can improve his production by emulating Hines Ward. Reed is a physical like Ward, but he drops more balls and rarely comes up with big plays. "He's similar to Hines," Mularkey says, "but the jury is still out."

My question to you guys is, can Reed become as big of a threat as Ward did? It took Ward about 3-4 years to step into the spot light in Pittsburgh. Can Mularkey work his magic with Reed?

Devin
03-23-2004, 01:52 PM
I think so, thats why I like Rivers so much I think he would compliment a reciever like reed well. Part of Reed's prob is the fact DB is our QB.

Mr. Cynical
03-23-2004, 01:55 PM
Absolutely. Although he won't have much talent throwing to him, I think he will have a breakout season this year.

The_Philster
03-23-2004, 03:27 PM
It's his 3rd year in the league.
Moulds stepped it up big in his 3rd year and Peerless, while improving in his 2nd, stepped it up even more in his 3rd.

justasportsfan
03-23-2004, 03:30 PM
A healthy Moulds and a better OL would definitely do wonders for Reed especially if teams stack up the line because we are running the ball first effectively.

Jan Reimers
03-23-2004, 03:38 PM
Despite some dropped balls last year, Reed has good hands, strength, and route running skills, great RAC ability and enough football speed to be a really good - perhaps great - NFL receiver. He was a steal in the 2nd round who should really come into his own this year.

cordog
03-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Devin
I think so, thats why I like Rivers so much I think he would compliment a reciever like reed well. Part of Reed's prob is the fact DB is our QB.

This makes no sense at all. Am i missing something? Wasnt drew the QB during Reeds rookie season when he had a good showing? And it must be Drews fault for all of Reed's drops this year. You can say alot about drew, but this is getting ridiculous.

Jan Reimers
03-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by cordog
This makes no sense at all. Am i missing something? Wasnt drew the QB during Reeds rookie season when he had a good showing? And it must be Drews fault for all of Reed's drops this year. You can say alot about drew, but this is getting ridiculous.

Come on, you know Drew is responsible for everything from the bad stadium beer to the traffic jams after the games.

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Come on, you know Drew is responsible for everything from the bad stadium beer to the traffic jams after the games.

lol...

cordog
03-23-2004, 05:06 PM

I know, and i think he is the reason we havent found WMDs

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 05:09 PM

you said it.. not me..

but come to think of it...

mypoorfriendme
03-23-2004, 05:20 PM
the only thing is that josh reed regressed after his rookie season. but who knows...tomorrow is another day

Dantheman1280
03-23-2004, 05:53 PM
I think Josh Reed has the talent to be the best Slot Reciver in a long time for the bills but he just is not a solid number two! But who knows?

mypoorfriendme
03-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
I think Josh Reed has the talent to be the best Slot Reciver in a long time for the bills but he just is not a solid number two! But who knows?

my thoughts exactly...see tonk, im not the only one! :teeth:

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 06:32 PM
andre reed was a pretty solid slot receiver too.. and a number one.

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
my thoughts exactly...see tonk, im not the only one! :teeth:

i gave him zone bucks to say that so you didnt feel alone.

:snicker:

The_Philster
03-23-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
andre reed was a pretty solid slot receiver too.. and a number one.

bingo...being a slot receiver doesn't mean you stay at #3 or below. It just means you line up inside more often than not. :up:

mypoorfriendme
03-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

i gave him zone bucks to say that so you didnt feel alone.

:snicker:

well....as long as you really do care about me... :beer: