X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Doug Johnson visit

I can't say I'm excited about the prospect of another 'Doug' or 'Johnson' QB, much less this one. (Anyone else find that ironic? maybe I missed that thread...) However I don't want to be too quick to judge. Doug was in an offense that was barely ranked above Buffalo and may have in fact been plenty worse. He does have lots of starting time in and would be a solid backup at the very least.

I still prefer the route of the draft, with or without Doug.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I don't think Johnson woudl be that bad he would be a backup and would compete with the rookie that we would should draft for the 2nd spot.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

doug johnson would simply be a guy that would compete with travis brown for the back up spot.. nothing more.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• kal123
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Since it looks like we won't be cutting Drew, I guess I really don't care too much who the "vet" is that we bring in at this point.

The bottom line is that we won't be saving any money, and the "vet" isn't going to be that great, so therefore we may as well look to the rookie we draft to play some this year and look forward to '05 and beyond.

I hope I'm wrong of course, but if you look at Drew's history, and then at who is left in the current QB FA pile, the odds are not in favor of our QB contributing much next year.

Comment

• Bmax
          • Aug 2003

yeah doug is a fill in guy ...just here until the rookie is ready....

Why not sign him ... Unless we sign chris redman instead

Bmax...

Comment

• bills_7
            TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
            • Mar 2004

i hope he doesnt stay in twon long....

go back to atl

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by bills_7
              i hope he doesnt stay in twon long....
              Me either. Isn't Twon Long in Viet Nam? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Me either. Isn't Twon Long in Viet Nam? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
                But they love you long time there.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
                  I can't say I'm excited about the prospect of another 'Doug' or 'Johnson' QB, much less this one. (Anyone else find that ironic? maybe I missed that thread...)
                  I never thought of that.

How about Rob Flutie?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                    But they love you long time there.
                    Longer than they do in Buffalo, if your name is Doug or Johnson.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                    X