X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

QB Position is overrated

Always has been if you ask me. I hope tje Bills go into the season with Bledsoe under a renegotiated contract Zolman and Josh Harris as their QB's. We play Mcgahee and Henry together, draft hopefully Reggie Williams to play opposite Eric Moulds with Josh Reed being # 3 guy and we play a wide open power running game. Let Bledsoe be a dont lose it instead of win it with your arm QB and if he stinks it up again then we go with the Rookie don't dump any more money in the QB postion with someone else's trash. If Bledsoe doesn't work out or Harris flops then next year in FA pick up a veteran then and dump Bledsoe. With a running attack and strong defense they may not win the Super Bowl but will be at least 9-7 probably better and in the playoffs. Build team unity this year and let McGahee break out and become the monster RB he is and all Bills fans will be smiling but please dont waste any more money on the QB postion let a couple of young guys learn the new system under Wyche I would rather bet on that than an overpaid veteran trash. Spen the rest of the cap on quality veteran ROLE players character guys who know their role and will help develop the young guys, that is what will win a championship there are enough NAME players on the team already to win. Let this staff do their job and I believe ther will be much success this season. Just my 2 cents worth >
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

ever since Dilfer and the rqvens won the SB , it been looking that way. Brad Johson and Brady as well. Granted that Brady is the better amongst the three , he is no Manning either.

This is why I don't think the bills will go with a qb in the first rd.

I would take a wr. Moulds is getting up there in age and Bobby Shaw isn't gonna get beter than what he's shown. I doubt we could have another Moulds in Aiken or Coleman either.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• L.A. Playa
      • Aug 2003

Reggie Williams is a Moulds clone thats why I say take him he is a threat now and can take over when Moulds slows down in 2 years then moulds can be # 3 Reed # 2 Williams #1 reciever Josh Harris is a winner and would be a great pick at QB and can contribute while he gets ready as a goal line QB can run option or bootlegs to get him some valuable experience alot of people would disagree with me but I really believe Josh Harris is the pick for the Bills reach on him in 3rd or 4th if you have to

Comment

• L.A. Playa
        • Aug 2003

Look who beat the Bills in the Super Bowl, Aikman is like a Bledsoe got hit alot but came up with big plays (difference he had a coach who ran first) but remember when Bledsoe went to the SB that year they ran first with Curtis Martin, Hostetler and Rypien were not Hall of Fame QB's, now Kelly is in the Hall of Fame bur didnt win the big one what do you want Hall of Fame QB or SB winning QB I'd rather have SB winning QB and looking at everybody's darling QB now Mike Vick I like him but I bet he never wins the SB but makes hall of fame just food for thought

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

If Moulds slows down, he will be a cap casualty- and may still become one if they draft a WR high and he pans out in a year or two. Moulds is one of the highest paid guys on the team and eats up 10% o the cap.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Sep 2003

reggie williams is a posession control receiver, like moulds. We already have that. i think we should try to get roy williams, he's the downfield speed we need, what peerless used to give us.

Comment

• Dantheman1280
              I am the Man!
              • Mar 2004

Do you think we can trade up and get Mike Willams??

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Sep 2003

ya but i don't wanna trade TH. I guess it's possible to trade Josh Reed to move up 4-5 spots?

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                  • Aug 2003

what would be nice is to trad eup even if you had to trade henry straight up for lets say Raiders #1 then trade down a few spots and get an extra #3 and end up with winslow and reggie williams then round 2 lets say jake grove round three josh harris would be an awesome draft wont happen but you can dream

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                    reggie williams is a posession control receiver, like moulds. We already have that. i think we should try to get roy williams, he's the downfield speed we need, what peerless used to give us.
                    Reggie Williams is not just a possesion receiver he averaged 15.5 yards a catch this season and he ran a 4.4 at the combine. I certainly won't mind if he is our pick.

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

I think your all F'N crazy. QB...overrated? WTF are you smoking.

QB still is and likely will always be one of if not the most important skill position.

And while extra draft picks maybe nice all these players your reffering to would cost an absolute fortune.

It is nice to dream though.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Dantheman1280
                        I am the Man!
                        • Mar 2004

NO WE DONT TRADE TH!!!!!

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

ROOKIES ROOKIE SALARY CAP :)
                          Name me one QB out there who could win a Super Bowl by himself without either a dominant defense or running game ???

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by pmacla
                            ROOKIES ROOKIE SALARY CAP :)
                            Name me one QB out there who could win a Super Bowl by himself without either a dominant defense or running game ???
                            Thats like saying name me one player who can win a SB on his own. Of course you need solid people around you.

Im simply saying the statement "The QB position is overrated" is an incorrect statement.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                              • Aug 2003

When I say overrated I dont mean you can get a guy off the street and win you need someone with talent and football brains, have alot of guys with talent and no football brains and alot of guys with football brains and no talent not alot have both, also you need good coaching a coach who makes systems to fit his players strengths not a coach who thinks his system works no matter what a players strengths are, QB is important but not the make or break position on the field as alot of the media tries to make it sound. I would rather have a coachable player with great heart than a guy who thinks he is the second coming because he can throw a ball 70 yards on the fly, thats what I mean by overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X