X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

My Pro-Drew Thread

putting aside the major issue that i have with Drew's salary...

I think if Mularky puts in the offense that he is preaching.. it would be hard for any qb to be bad in that system.

so drew could do ok...

and if he takes a decent sized pay cut.. i wont even mention his name again.

:goodbad:
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

I think you will see that cut this week during the mini camp at least I hope so

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

see that cut?
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

this thread

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Re: My Pro-Drew Thread

Originally posted by Tatonka
          I think if Mularky puts in the offense that he is preaching.. it would be hard for any qb to be bad in that system.

even rob johnson?????
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
            • Aug 2003

Salary reduced and ridiculous bonus gone I hope on friday they will announce new restructured contract

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Drew has stated publically he will do anything to help the team- including paycut.

At this juncture- it appears TD does not want to give him the restructured deal- or has not made any noise about it-

Which leads me to beleive that TD wants the ability to cut Drew loose if he has another bad year without any string attached. Lowering his pay this year usually means some cash (bonus) up front- which will come due against the cap when the player is cut.

TD could also be waiting to see what happens - What if the Bills don't get the opportunity to draft a QB of the future in the first day? So far FA QBs were not that plentiful. Henson was not a realistic option. Nothing but retreads left. Or what if a decent QB falls out of the trees June 1? I doubt it- but TD has been patient and it's paid off for the most part (except for Gregg Williams)

Comment

• Dantheman1280
                I am the Man!
                • Mar 2004

If Drew Reduces his pay than it will help the team a ton. CMON DREW dont screw us over

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmacla
                  I think you will see that cut this week during the mini camp at least I hope so
                  I don't know if it'll come this soon..but I do still expect it at least by the time we need to start signing draft picks.
                  Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                  even rob johnson?????
                  I have faith that RJ would find a way to screw up.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster

I have faith that RJ would find a way to screw up.
                    i agree.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• kal123
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                      At this juncture- it appears TD does not want to give him the restructured deal- or has not made any noise about it-

Which leads me to beleive that TD wants the ability to cut Drew loose if he has another bad year without any string attached. Lowering his pay this year usually means some cash (bonus) up front- which will come due against the cap when the player is cut.
                      Very true. Drew should just do the right thing and sign a 1 year deal for vet minimum, with incentives up to $6M. He has enough cash to live like a King anyway, so do it for the team!!

To be honest though, I bet even if TD tried to trade him right now nobody would bite, so Drew saying he would re-negotiate can be also viewed as him trying to save his job.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kal123
                        To be honest though, I bet even if TD tried to trade him right now nobody would bite, so Drew saying he would re-negotiate can be also viewed as him trying to save his job.
                        I wouldn't take that bet...I don't see that many stupid owners willing to spend that much on a QB coming off one of his worst ever years.....unless Snyder would wanna trade us Ramsey straight up.
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• kal123
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Ramsey.

That would have been such a nice move. Stupid Gibbs messed it up.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kal123
                            Ramsey.

That would have been such a nice move. Stupid Gibbs messed it up.
                            Snyder screwed it up for us 2 years ago, IMO...if the Skins hadn't picked him up 4 slots before us...we would've picked him up.

Comment

• Halbert
                              I'm Not Normal
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              Drew has stated publically he will do anything to help the team- including paycut.

TD could also be waiting to see what happens - What if the Bills don't get the opportunity to draft a QB of the future in the first day? So far FA QBs were not that plentiful. Henson was not a realistic option. Nothing but retreads left. Or what if a decent QB falls out of the trees June 1? I doubt it- but TD has been patient and it's paid off for the most part (except for Gregg Williams)
                              You did it again.

It looked like TD was trying to get those QBs at a relatively bargain price. Picking QBs is such a crapshoot anyway it's a good idea to try to get one of the slightly busted young starters at your price if you can. He still has the option of going for a veteran backup if they have to, but there will be more options after June 1.

Bledsoe knows he’s under the gun. Sure the Bills may be committed to giving Drew a legitimate shot at a rebound, but he’s not stupid enough to think his last season cements him in stone when he’s got that big concrete block of his salary looming. He knows TD has to make plans in case of a repeat.

Drew will be smart about it. He has to.

Comment

Working...
                              X