PDA

View Full Version : If we dont make it this year.......it might be a while

schobelisdaman
03-23-2004, 06:47 PM
If our Buffalo Bills dont make the playoffs this year .. we might have to wait a while. With the possible losses of Jonas Jennings, Aaron Schobel, and Pat Williams next season......and the possibility of Bledsoe being terrible once again...we could be looking at some more rebuilding years.....

Devin
03-23-2004, 06:49 PM
no chance not only will we be in great cap shape next season, but we potentially may have a 2nd 1st round pick with a trade of TH or WM.

I wouldnt worry.

juice
03-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Say goodbye to Nate.

The Spaz
03-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by juice
Say goodbye to Nate.

Doubt it we have 20 million in cap space next year an dbesides Nate has 2 years left on his contract.

Goobylal
03-23-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Doubt it we have 20 million in cap space next year an dbesides Nate has 2 years left on his contract.
Where'd you get those numbers?

mightyspaz
03-23-2004, 08:12 PM
What up Spaz .... Yeah We'll be fine .... TD is a freakn' Genius!

The Spaz
03-23-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal

Where'd you get those numbers?

Clump and Eb.:up:

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by juice
Say goodbye to Nate.

nate is NOT a FA I dont think bud..

can anyone verify this.. and what is good site to check player contracts and stuff.

Goobylal
03-23-2004, 08:59 PM

Clump and Eb.:up:
That's where I figured, but I hadn't heard they released any numbers yet. Thanks.

ShadowHawk7
03-23-2004, 09:34 PM
20 mill. huh? sounds excellent. I think we're in year 2 of our 4 year window to make a serious SB run or two, IMO

B-DON
03-23-2004, 09:40 PM
no way are we in bad shape. with omly schobel the real need to sign we definitely have enough money for that. plus this isnt including the free agents of ohter teams that we will sign next year or even after june 2nd. dont panic were in good shape

Mr. Cynical
03-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Remember kids.....if by some miracle Drew does well and they pick up the option, he is going to suck up ALOT of cap. Don't count your FAs until then. ;)

The Spaz
03-23-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by kal123
Remember kids.....if by some miracle Drew does well and they pick up the option, he is going to suck up ALOT of cap. Don't count your FAs until then. ;)

If he does well then there's no problem.

B-DON
03-23-2004, 09:49 PM
i think he is gone no matter what after this season(unless we win the superbowl)

Mr. Cynical
03-23-2004, 10:07 PM
If he does well then there's no problem.

Yes and no. What if Drew does "well" up to November and we re-up his option. Then, in typical Drew fashion, he falls apart the end of the season.

Result - we don't make the playoffs and the cap has a big dent.

That's the problem with the way the option is timed, and which is why IMO TD needs to change it one way or the other before the season starts.

Goobylal
03-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
nate is NOT a FA I dont think bud..

can anyone verify this.. and what is good site to check player contracts and stuff.
Nate is signed through 2005. Next year would be a good time to do an extension, though. As for the website, check this out:

http://www.nflpa.org/members/main.asp?subPage=Active+Player+Search

It's the active player search part of the NFLPA's website. It tells you their base salary by year, and thus how long they're signed for. It doesn't give bonus amounts though.

Mr. Miyagi
03-23-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by kal123
Yes and no. What if Drew does "well" up to November and we re-up his option. Then, in typical Drew fashion, he falls apart the end of the season.

Result - we don't make the playoffs and the cap has a big dent.

That's the problem with the way the option is timed, and which is why IMO TD needs to change it one way or the other before the season starts.
TD isn't an idiot. He's not going to flat out honor Drew's current contract.

If he wants to keep Drew, he'll negotiate to restructure. Otherwise we all say sayonara to Drew.

Throne Logic
03-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

TD isn't an idiot. He's not going to flat out honor Drew's current contract.

If he wants to keep Drew, he'll negotiate to restructure. Otherwise we all say sayonara to Drew.

I agree. There is no way Drew is on the 2004 squad with his current contract intact.

Tatonka
03-23-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal
Nate is signed through 2005. Next year would be a good time to do an extension, though. As for the website, check this out:

http://www.nflpa.org/members/main.asp?subPage=Active+Player+Search

It's the active player search part of the NFLPA's website. It tells you their base salary by year, and thus how long they're signed for. It doesn't give bonus amounts though.

thanks.. just what i was looking for.