PDA

View Full Version : Scenerios for trading TH

juice
03-23-2004, 08:07 PM
At 240.. He is the total package.. Even at a playing weight of around 230 lbs if he is at 4.4 speed in the 40yd dash he'll be unstoppable.

If this team wasn't a .500 squad, maybe you would think about keeping both.. But we have too many needs on both sides of the ball.

A scenerio where TH is traded for a high pick could benefit this team more than running a Pwr. I formation, when you have a potential superstar, who has been compared th Bo Jackson, waiting in the wings.

WM is the total package of pwr. and speed there is no reason TH should not be on a team where he's not looking over his shoulder every time there's a bad handoff, which is what will happen next year if we keep them both.

I know many will say he's unproven but just take a look at this guy and his dedication to his body, I think it is a safe bet that if it is possible to make a full recovery from that injury he is the one who can do it in a year.

I think the Bills should trade TH for a top 5 pick if possible.. then trade back down for extra picks.

mightyspaz
03-23-2004, 08:10 PM
It's too Soon To Trade TH ... we have now Idea how MaGahee will pan out. We can draft QB next year, but if we lose Henry and Magahee flops, we've got absolutly NO running game!

IHateTheDullphins
03-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by juice

I know many will say he's unproven but just take a look at this guy and his dedication to his body, I think it is a safe bet that if it is possible to make a full recovery from that injury he is the one who can do it in a year.

I think the Bills should trade TH for a top 5 pick if possible.. then trade back down for extra picks.

Look at David Boston's dedication to his body. What has he done besides get passed around and get injured? But he's such an amazing physical specimen.:z:

Save this thread for next offseason.

Dozerdog
03-23-2004, 08:14 PM
In this year's Draft? It will never happen- unless the Bills give up the 13....and then trading down for more picks would defeat the purpose of trading Henry in the first place.

Henry Stays for 1 season- then the Bills decide. He might fetch a #1 if he has a good year this year. The only way he fails to make the opening day roster is if McGahee has a monster preseason and another big back in the league gets severely hurt to open the season- and the Bills rob them blind.

LIQUID24
03-23-2004, 08:18 PM
In my opinion there are only a handful of backs that would merit a top-5 pick.
L.Tomlinson
C.Portis
D.McCallister
J.Lewis
A.Green (maybe)

Obviously, Henry isn't quite in their category.

juice
03-23-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
Look at David Boston's dedication to his body. What has he done besides get passed around and get injured? But he's such an amazing physical specimen.:z:

Save this thread for next offseason.

Boston is inhanced.. and thats no secret in the League.
Originally posted by Dozerdog
In this year's Draft? It will never happen- unless the Bills give up the 13....and then trading down for more picks would defeat the purpose of trading Henry in the first place.

Henry Stays for 1 season- then the Bills decide. He might fetch a #1 if he has a good year this year. The only way he fails to make the opening day roster is if McGahee has a monster preseason and another big back in the league gets severely hurt to open the season- and the Bills rob them blind.

Is a late trade the only option to unload a Pro Bowl caliber RB. It's possible that Willis could show near 100% coming into camp and make Travis expendable.

The_Philster
03-23-2004, 08:23 PM
http://www.rasc.org/2003/funnies/hell-freezes.jpg

IHateTheDullphins
03-23-2004, 08:25 PM
:spit:

ShadowHawk7
03-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by LIQUID24
In my opinion there are only a handful of backs that would merit a top-5 pick.
L.Tomlinson
C.Portis
D.McCallister
J.Lewis
A.Green (maybe)

Obviously, Henry isn't quite in their category.

Henry is better than McCall.

StanMarino13
03-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Uhmm Deuce had 9 games in a row with over 100 yards last season...Hes a damn solid back.

Mr. Cynical
03-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

The only risk in this scenario is if TH doesn't get enough playing time this year, his worth will be lower at the end of the season. Right now he is coming off a great year, so his value will not likely be this high again.

But it's a moot point anyway...TH is nowhere near a top 5 pick. A 2nd rounder definitely....late, late 1st rounder maybe...but top 5 not a chance.

B-DON
03-23-2004, 09:47 PM
if hes not worth a top 1st round pick then why trade him?

OpIv37
03-23-2004, 10:11 PM
This is my nightmare scenario- henry gets traded, mcgahee's leg gives out in Week 3, the team flirts with 500 ball all season, and a year from now we're once again sitting here discussing what COULD have been a great football team.

no thanks.

Bmax
03-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Juice you don't trade a proven player for a maybe ...That rule #1 in the nfl...Any Gm who wants to keep his job won't make that move until they see exactly what they have ...Maybe he blows them away in pre-season then ...they think about it ...I say this year we keep them both.. next season we explore a trade . Maybe i would feel better about dealing one of them if our # 3 was any good...

What other holes are u talking about ....

I see us filling the one at de in rd 1 and wr in rd 2,

qb in rd 3.....

Bmax

The Spaz
03-24-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Bmax
Juice you don't trade a proven player for a maybe ...That rule #1 in the nfl...Any Gm who wants to keep his job won't make that move until they see exactly what they have ...Maybe he blows them away in pre-season then ...they think about it ...I say this year we keep them both.. next season we explore a trade . Maybe i would feel better about dealing one of them if our # 3 was any good...

qb in rd 3.....

Bmax

I thought you said take Williams in the 1st and Watson in the 2nd.:snicker:

STAMPY
03-24-2004, 12:16 AM
i think duece is a lilo better but i think henry's better then green i don't care bout numbers i rather have travis game day then green. you forgot the priest tho

northernbillfan
03-24-2004, 01:40 AM
I have long been a supporter of TH. I was ridiculed before the 2002 campaign when I said he should break 2000 all purpose yards, I think he had 2400+ that year.

He is one of the best backs in all the league. Definitely a top 5, even a top three if I should be so bold. I thnk the Bills will be stoopid for even think about getting rid of Henry, EVER!

Dozerdog
03-24-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
I have long been a supporter of TH. I was ridiculed before the 2002 campaign when I said he should break 2000 all purpose yards, I think he had 2400+ that year.

He is one of the best backs in all the league. Definitely a top 5, even a top three if I should be so bold. I thnk the Bills will be stoopid for even think about getting rid of Henry, EVER!

That would be 1439 yards rushing and 309 receiving- a total of 1758- Damn good but no where near 2,400- that would be an NFL record. Thurman Thomas' best was 2,113- the team Record is 2,243 by OJ in 1975

justasportsfan
03-24-2004, 09:17 AM
I would not even think of trading last years best O player on the team in the hope that WM could last an entire season of getting pounded.

Bmax
03-24-2004, 11:29 PM
i sort of torn between de or wr in rd one i love reggie williams but i hate our in ability to pressure the qb...... Our greater need is at de but wr may be the best available player position at 13.

Bmax

juice
03-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Bmax

qb in rd 3.....

Bmax

Trying to go from an 8-8 disappointment to an 11-5 contender takes either:

A: Dramatic improvement through FA aquisitions (havn't seen yet)

We need immediate impact players at WR, DE, and OL help or depth. Two of these positions might be addressed in the Draft, but I dought we get three first year impact players.

B: A super draft to address these needs and net a QB of the future with one of the first two picks. Trading down for extra picks might be a way of filling these key needs.

Depth issues in some defensive areas can be delt with in the latter rounds.. but as it stands extra picks I think are needed.

This team needs solid coaching and a solid draft to make the Playoffs.. OL remains a key issue.

Meathead
03-25-2004, 04:54 AM
Absolutely not! We simply CAN'T trade Henry.

Unless we can get something good for him.