PDA

View Full Version : Oh No Kordell coming for a visit

Thailog80
03-24-2004, 06:58 AM
I didnt hear it but someone on another board said they heard TD say this on WNSA. Please god no! I dont want to see him in number 10 in a Bills uniform.

Dozerdog
03-24-2004, 07:25 AM
He's better than Travis Brown. For $750K I'd consider it.

ryjam282
03-24-2004, 07:27 AM
It wouldn't be a HORRIBLE move, I think he is better then Van Pelt and Travis Brown. But, that still isn't saying much.

superbills
03-24-2004, 07:53 AM
For the vet minimum, why not? A mobile QB who is better than what he have (TB) or had (AVP). He'll be third string anyway once we draft Rivers :biggrin:

Tatonka
03-24-2004, 08:03 AM
it is not like anyone would be considering him as a long term answer...

our likelyhood of getting a qb in the draft is still high...

MM cut him once though.. surprised he would want to come back.

Jeff1220
03-24-2004, 08:06 AM
Wasn't Kordell at the center of the TD/Cowher battle? I thought TD didn't want him as QB, but BC did. Clarification anyone?

Ebenezer
03-24-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
He's better than Travis Brown. For $750K I'd consider it.

I agree.

doug45
03-24-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Thailog80
I didnt hear it but someone on another board said they heard TD say this on WNSA. Please god no! I dont want to see him in number 10 in a Bills uniform.

NO NO NO NO!!!!!! We DON"T need this guy.

The Spaz
03-24-2004, 08:28 AM
For a backup and as long as we get a decent rookie then I'm for it. I can't beleive I just said that......:couch:

Patrick76777
03-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Just a simple question! What if he was willing to come back in the "Slash" role???

2nd and goal at the 2, Kordell in shotgun, Willis to the left, Travis to the right.

I know we had enough of that razzle Dazzle last year, but Pitts always did stuff like that and it seemed like they were always putting it into the endzone when they did!

Just a thought, It's not like I'm pulling for it.

Devin
03-24-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by superbills
For the vet minimum, why not? A mobile QB who is better than what he have (TB) or had (AVP). He'll be third string anyway once we draft Rivers :biggrin:

HEEEEEEELLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEAAAH

mightyspaz
03-24-2004, 09:26 AM
That's Right Spaz you better hide. No way in hell. In my opinion he's worthless. He didn't do anything after he left pittsburg and I think he'll create a controversy because bledsoe haters will wanna see him start. Let's sign doug johnson and get this over with! ..... I'm shuttering inside!

Halbert
03-24-2004, 09:55 AM
I'd rather take a shot with one of the slightly busted young prospects (Ramsey, Couch) but that would be costly. If another young unknown (Volek, Hansen) comes available that would be feasible as well. But if TD can’t get one of those then a veteran former starter (Stewart, Blake) would be a terrific short term option. It makes the strategy different as then they’d have to use a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick on a higher rate prospect QB, but a veteran #2 has a better chance to keep the ship afloat if the team is in the playoff hunt and Drew misses a few games. With Drew’s durability it’s unlikely that these guys would be starting for more than a couple games, which would be ideal.

Of course all that assumes Bledsoe doesn’t suck again. But unless TD pays the price for a Ramsey or a Couch, the team would be hosed in virtually any other situation anyway.

Halbert
03-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Just a simple question! What if he was willing to come back in the "Slash" role???

It's too bad he refused to take that role because even he has to realize he's officially a bust as a full time starter. I don't blame him for wanting to take a shot as a standard QB, but he might have been a very unique and valuable playmaker if he had allowed them to use him the way they wanted to.

Tatonka
03-24-2004, 10:15 AM
isnt he getting up there in age? could he even still play the slash role?

McBFLO
03-24-2004, 10:34 AM
As much as I despise Kordell, you have to admit, Mularkey did get a lot out of him in Pittsburgh. They could bring him in from time to time to use his speed and athleticism. That'll throw defenses off. He's quite different than the statuesque Drew. I wouldn't care one way or the other if they signed him or not. I think I'd rather have him back there than say Doug Johnson.

Halbert
03-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
isnt he getting up there in age? could he even still play the slash role?
Oh yeah, that station left the train a while ago.

ShadowHawk7
03-24-2004, 10:59 AM
Here's a quote from a earlier post on KS.

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
I'd definitley have KS over DJ ne day! A former starter and Pro-Bowler as a backup is worth it ne day. While I'd shudder to see him start, I'd rather see him then DJ, have mop up duty if we're winning or if Bledsoe gets bashed, IMO..

1. Bledsoe
2. KS (for a year or two)
3. Jeff Smoker
4. (practice squad) Brown/Zolman

casdhf
03-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Didn't Kordell make the Pro-Bowl once or twice?

BAM
03-24-2004, 11:15 AM
:puke:

Tatonka
03-24-2004, 11:31 AM
yeah.. he made the probowl twice..

kordell has rotated great seasons with horid ones.. almost like moulds has rotated 1300 yard seasons with just below 1000 seasons..

let me ask this, because i dont remember..

kordell had a great great year in 2001.. made the probowl.. played very well.. then in 2002, maddox took over and was the comeback player of the year.. and kordell was cut after that year..

why did maddox take his job.. injury or performance.. and why was he cut?

Dicknoze69
03-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Maddox got the job because of Kordell's poor performance. Cowher has always had quite a short leash on Kordell because of his propensity to make huge mistakes.

I believe Kordell had 3-4 poor games in a row to start the season, and then Cowher gave Maddox a shot.

Kordell was cut because he was making starter's money but he was in a backup role.

Novacane
03-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by mightyspaz
[B] I think he'll create a controversy because bledsoe haters will wanna see him start. B]

You could not be more wrong! I am what you would classify as a "bledsoe hater" to use your term. One of the strongest for that matter. I would not be calling for him to start. No way.

For the right price(vet min) I say sign him. He's better than VanPelt so it would be improving the team from last year.

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2004, 12:14 PM
On Kordell's ability alone, I'd say he'd make a very decent Plan B for us. But if he's a disgruntled kind of backup QB, then we don't need that headache. I remember he wasn't all that supportive of Maddox in Pitt.

TigerJ
03-24-2004, 12:44 PM
I think you're right Jeff. Kordell got TD fired in Pittsburgh. As a third stringer, maybe he'd be OK. That's about all I'd want him for.