PDA

View Full Version : Kordell Stewart

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2004, 08:35 AM
When I first heard about Kordell coming to town I reacted like everybody else "What the F are they thinking?" then after sitting down and looking at the situation I don't think I would mind bringing Slash in here.

Here is why:
1) We need a backup with some experience
2) Mularky has worked with Kordell in the past
3) Would be a good change of pace to Bledsoe if coming off the bench.
4) Has been to the pro bowl.
5) There is NO ONE else out there.

Well those are my thoughts.

Thailog80
03-24-2004, 08:47 AM
I done some thinking too. It still sucks.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2004, 08:59 AM
I agree that he isn't my first choice but who else is out there?

Thailog80
03-24-2004, 09:11 AM
I know the market is super slim but this guy is a terrible football player.

The Spaz
03-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Thailog80

Not as a backup which is what he will be if he signs with us.

mightyspaz
03-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Two Words .... Doug Johnson! That's it ... Doug Johnson

Thailog80
03-24-2004, 09:37 AM
The thought of Kordell one hit away from being our starter terrifies me.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2004, 10:32 AM
I think that Doug Johnson one hit away from being starter is even more scary to me.

Ebenezer
03-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I think that Doug Johnson one hit away from being starter is even more scary to me.

I agree...KS is not great but we know that he can at least throw the ball straight (not accurately but straight) and can move...DJ is a statue.

Tatonka
03-24-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Thailog80

come on thailog...

kordells numbers, had he started the full season would have been 20tds /30turnovers.. or 1 td per 1.5 turnovers..

dredsoes 11/24 breaks down to.. 1td per 2.2 turnovers..

so while it still sucks to think about kordell here.. mainly because i am a homophobe.. ;) ... he is better than drew.. and easily just as accomplished.

Tatonka
03-24-2004, 10:51 AM
the purpose of that post was to show the bright side of kordel.. not dog drew.. fyi

ShadowHawk7
03-24-2004, 10:53 AM
I'd definitley have KS over DJ ne day! A former starter and Pro-Bowler as a backup is worth it ne day. While I'd shudder to see him start, I'd rather see him then DJ, have mop up duty if we're winning or if Bledsoe gets bashed, IMO..

Bulldog
03-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by mightyspaz
Two Words .... Doug Johnson! That's it ... Doug Johnson

Did you watch any of the games he started in for Atlanta last year? Talk about scary. I am not a fan of either of these guys, but I would give the nod to Stewart in that he knows the system Mularky and Clements will be running and can improvise if needed.

I don't understand why everyone is freaking out. After all, AVP was one hit away from being the starter last year. AVP is a nice guy and all, but Stewart should clearly be considered an upgrade to the back up position.

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2004, 12:23 PM
Seems like we have an agreement here.

Between Kordell and Doug Johnson, Kordell is the lesser of the two evils.

:up:

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
I don't understand why everyone is freaking out. After all, AVP was one hit away from being the starter last year. AVP is a nice guy and all, but Stewart should clearly be considered an upgrade to the back up position.
:bf1:

Novacane
03-24-2004, 12:26 PM

AVP is a nice guy and all, but Stewart should clearly be considered an upgrade to the back up position.

:beers: I agree!

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2004, 01:59 PM

Did you watch any of the games he started in for Atlanta last year? Talk about scary. I am not a fan of either of these guys, but I would give the nod to Stewart in that he knows the system Mularky and Clements will be running and can improvise if needed.

Exactly!

bsullivan193
03-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Ok, I have a plan....Drew gets himself together, pulls himself up by his bootstraps and busts out of the gate with 7 solid games at the beginning of the season. Week 8, he goes down "mysteriously" in the 2nd series so that we will not once again be subjected to the 2nd half curse he is prone to. Slash comes in as a backup and stays there, until week 16, at which time Bledsoe comes back, refreshed for the Playoff run.....and the rest, as they say is history....the elusive SuperBowl ring and subsequent salary cap purge........
I don't know if it is just me, but this logic seems to be bulletproof.

justasportsfan
03-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by bsullivan193
Ok, I have a plan....Drew gets himself together, pulls himself up by his bootstraps and busts out of the gate with 7 solid games at the beginning of the season. Week 8, he goes down "mysteriously" in the 2nd series so that we will not once again be subjected to the 2nd half curse he is prone to. Slash comes in as a backup and stays there, until week 16, at which time Bledsoe comes back, refreshed for the Playoff run.....and the rest, as they say is history....the elusive SuperBowl ring and subsequent salary cap purge........
I don't know if it is just me, but this logic seems to be bulletproof. Welcome anyways.

The_Philster
03-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Seems like we have an agreement here.

Between Kordell and Doug Johnson, Kordell is the lesser of the two evils.

:up:

Yeah...though it sickens me to give Kordell that much credit. :ill:

Halbert
03-25-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
the purpose of that post was to show the bright side of kordel.. not dog drew.. fyi
Purely coincidental.