• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Interest in Ruben Brown picking up...

He visited the Bears yesterday, and will visit Detriot today:

It says:

"Meanwhile, the Bears entertained free-agent guard Ruben Brown on Tuesday at Halas Hall and plan to talk with him again as he continues a tour around the league that includes a stop in Detroit today."

It sounds like he will be visiting several teams. The Patriots, Bengals and Dolphins have also reportedly shown interest, although no visit is reported yet with any of those teams.
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

The Chicago Tribune reports the same (requires registering):

News about Chicago sports from the Chicago Tribune: Bears, Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks, Sky and more.

The relevant passage:

"Free-agent All-Pro guard Ruben Brown enjoyed his tour of the facilities Tuesday, but the Bears' interest apparently opened the market for the former Bills lineman. Largely overlooked the past three weeks, Brown flew to Detroit Tuesday night after the Lions entered the picture. He plans to visit coach Steve Mariucci Wednesday. The Bears will wait to see who else enters the bidding."

Comment

• Philly Zoner
      • Jan 2004

I'm still kinda hoping he isnt signed and comes back to us at a low veteran salary. even though his play has slipped I'm not convinced Ross Tucker, Marques S, or any of our other cast of characters can hold a candle to him. but of course he'd be playing at LG. whatever, I guess this is mostly a sentimental wish, be nice to see him finish up his career here.

Comment

• qcsabresfan84
        • Feb 2003

It was fun while it lasted but i don't think it would be wise to bring him back. We've got to at least let the young guys have a chance.
        N.C. STATE WOLFPACK

Comment

Working...
        X