PDA

View Full Version : Adewale Ogunley is nuts

Novacane
03-24-2004, 02:25 PM
From ESPN insider rumor central.......

Vikings and Bears were interested in him but Miami asking for this years #1 and this Ogunleye is said to be seeking a long term contract with a signing bonus of 16 million :jawdrop:

This part sounds good...........Ogunleye has vowed not to play for the salary he is due to make under the terms of the tender Miami extended

good for you Ogun..........put the screws to the phins:up:

The Spaz
03-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Excellent!:evil:

Patrick76777
03-24-2004, 02:26 PM
I still say I had something to do with this!

Devin
03-24-2004, 02:36 PM
its almost comical miami wants a first for him when players like TO go for 3rd rounders.

Dream on.

While i love the fact hes sticking it to the teal and squeals hes nuts asking for 16 mil. Gimme a break your worse then Law.

Michael82
03-24-2004, 03:19 PM
Wistrom signed a six-year deal that includes a $14 million signing bonus. I think Ogunleye could get that.

Novacane
03-24-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Wistrom signed a six-year deal that includes a $14 million signing bonus.

He got that :jawdrop: TD better get Schobel renewed now.

Michael82
03-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
He got that :jawdrop: TD better get Schobel renewed now.

Yeah, If Schobel is not signing before the season starts...TD better be prepared to slap the franchise tag on him!

Here's Wistrom's yearly salaries... :eek:

2004 1500000.00
2005 2000000.00
2006 3500000.00
2007 3500000.00
2008 4000000.00
2009 4500000.00

http://www.nflpa.org/Members/playerProfile.asp?ID=25932

Devin
03-24-2004, 03:24 PM
No joke.

Bert102176
03-24-2004, 03:42 PM
he is, was a Fin aren't they all a joke anyways?

dolfan25
03-24-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
he is, was a Fin aren't they all a joke anyways?

I guess Troy Vincent's a joke then

Devin
03-24-2004, 05:59 PM
yeah he has only after all been to the last 5 pro bowls....

Samphin1
03-24-2004, 06:02 PM
The O-gun situation has a lot of us fin fans bent out of shape. HAlf want to let him go for the draft picks ( so far no one is biting) Half of them want us to sign him long term and give him what he wants. I am officially a fence sitter.

The Eagles and Seahawks really screwed the market up for DE's. I hope both of those deals bite them in the arse because it has skewed O-gun's thoughts on what he is worth ( for my money he is more talented than Wistrom and healthier than Kearse, and he knows that too.)

I have heard of his vow not to play at the highest tender which really doesn't make too much sense to me. Considering the guy went undrafted and we took a flyer on him while he was rehabing form a horrific knee injury. He basically sat out for two seasons while he rehabbed and is now a guy who "refuses" to play for a tema that doesn't respect him. Whatever.

He does have 22 sacks in his last 23 games. However, when the other guy on the line is named JASON TAYLOR, you tend to get single blocking as JT picks up double and sometimes triple teams on the other side.

A few years back, Trace Armstrong had a huge season playing opposite Taylor. He cashed in with the Raiders and subsequently sucked. Kenny Mixon and Lorenzo Bromell were succesful opposite Taylor and cashed in with Minnesota. Now, I believe Bromell has been cut and Mixon faces jail time for DUI's. That really doesn't have to do with his play, but that sucked to in Minnesota. What I am saying is that O-gun is good, but a lot of the reason he does so well is because who he has around him.

If he does sit out we have him by the balls. David Bowens shows flashes of brilliance in his limited playing time and the front office is high on this kid Otis Grigsby. If either steps up while O-gun sits out, it is going to prove that he isn't as good as he thinks and we would be ok without him.

Also, if we really wanted to screw with Adewale, he could sit out this season ( which Drew " son of satan" Rosenhaus has threatened) hurt his stock, and franchise him next offseason to prevent him from going elsewhere. I wouldn't advise them do to that but it is a possibility.

HOnestly, I see O-gun going elsewhere in a trade and having decent success but no where what his contract will be worth. I can't see him staying here as we need money to sign Chambers long term ( UFA at the end of this season) and Chambers is worth more than O-gun if you ask me.

Geez, long message.

Fryin' The Fish
03-24-2004, 06:03 PM
Ogunley did good last season. He got 15 sacks, which is the second most of the year. He is only 26 years old and has been playing for 6 years. I say give it to him. He is an rising star. The only reasons i can think of that the Fins will not give it to him is because they already have their star DE in Taylor.

Devin
03-24-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
The O-gun situation has a lot of us fin fans bent out of shape. HAlf want to let him go for the draft picks ( so far no one is biting) Half of them want us to sign him long term and give him what he wants. I am officially a fence sitter.

The Eagles and Seahawks really screwed the market up for DE's. I hope both of those deals bite them in the arse because it has skewed O-gun's thoughts on what he is worth ( for my money he is more talented than Wistrom and healthier than Kearse, and he knows that too.)

I have heard of his vow not to play at the highest tender which really doesn't make too much sense to me. Considering the guy went undrafted and we took a flyer on him while he was rehabing form a horrific knee injury. He basically sat out for two seasons while he rehabbed and is now a guy who "refuses" to play for a tema that doesn't respect him. Whatever.

He does have 22 sacks in his last 23 games. However, when the other guy on the line is named JASON TAYLOR, you tend to get single blocking as JT picks up double and sometimes triple teams on the other side.

A few years back, Trace Armstrong had a huge season playing opposite Taylor. He cashed in with the Raiders and subsequently sucked. Kenny Mixon and Lorenzo Bromell were succesful opposite Taylor and cashed in with Minnesota. Now, I believe Bromell has been cut and Mixon faces jail time for DUI's. That really doesn't have to do with his play, but that sucked to in Minnesota. What I am saying is that O-gun is good, but a lot of the reason he does so well is because who he has around him.

If he does sit out we have him by the balls. David Bowens shows flashes of brilliance in his limited playing time and the front office is high on this kid Otis Grigsby. If either steps up while O-gun sits out, it is going to prove that he isn't as good as he thinks and we would be ok without him.

Also, if we really wanted to screw with Adewale, he could sit out this season ( which Drew " son of satan" Rosenhaus has threatened) hurt his stock, and franchise him next offseason to prevent him from going elsewhere. I wouldn't advise them do to that but it is a possibility.

HOnestly, I see O-gun going elsewhere in a trade and having decent success but no where what his contract will be worth. I can't see him staying here as we need money to sign Chambers long term ( UFA at the end of this season) and Chambers is worth more than O-gun if you ask me.

Geez, long message.

Very well put. A lot of insight, I didnt know he was undrafted, I despise greedy "out for themselves" players.

I agree Chambers is worth more, I dont think Miami will get a 1st for him but hell even a 2nd or 3rd would be ok because it seems you guys have depth not to mention I think your right about him being a bust else where.

Dantheman1280
03-24-2004, 06:16 PM
i hope he takes his ego and stay with the phins

Samphin1
03-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Devin, I don't think he will be a bust elsewhere. I just don't think he will be as potent elsewhere. He benefits form Taylor being so good. Even then, O-gun can disappear for plays, series or games at a time.

He was undrafted due to him tearing up his knee his senior year. The story goes that he was first round talent until that happened. However, I don't believe first round talent goes undrafted over just a knee injury ( They shouldn't still go first round though, i.e. Willis). However, with Rosenhaus as his agent, we really didn't expect negotiations to go smoothly. I think in retrospect, we should have signed him long term last season when he was an exclusive rights free agent. Oh well. The redskins seem to end up with all kinds of money to throw at overrated players. Maybe they will end up giving us their fifth overall for O-gun? That would be great.

Dozerdog
03-24-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Devin
its almost comical miami wants a first for him when players like TO go for 3rd rounders.

Dream on.

While i love the fact hes sticking it to the teal and squeals hes nuts asking for 16 mil. Gimme a break your worse then Law.

Owens was a rare case. The 49ers received the "gift" of having Owens returned to them- and they sold him of somewhat cheap. The First deal they got from Baltimore was a bit closer to his value- at least in this year's draft.

The 3rd round pick was arrived by consensus in the NFL.

Novacane
03-24-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
Maybe they will end up giving us their fifth overall for O-gun? That would be great.

They better not. That would really pi$$ me off. :unhappy:

BTW........great posts. I agree with you 100%. Ogun is a nice player but playing across from Taylor has a lot to do with his success.

Samphin1
03-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

They better not. That would really pi$$ me off. :unhappy:

BTW........great posts. I agree with you 100%. Ogun is a nice player but playing across from Taylor has a lot to do with his success.

Hey what are you complaining for? The Raiders are giving you guys the second overall for Henry! :D I doubt that either situation actually comes to fruition in reality. Oh well I guess we wil have to settle for somehow signing him and allowing to wreak havoc for us, at least for one more year! (if he doesn't sit out).

Voltron
03-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Looks like we have found ourselves another well spoken Fin fan :)

Nice post Sam :up:

We love the smack here but at the same time it is nice to talk intelligently about the game too

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-24-2004, 11:29 PM
You Billy Goat fans better hope Ogunleye is traded by Miami unless you like seeing Mike Williams getting pinned with a "tu tu" all game long.

Miami's undrafted free agent making the Bills Top 5 pick Mike Williams look like a chump :lol:

Who would of thought undrafted free agents have such skill??

I hope Miami sticks with Ogun and trade down in the first round to get more draft picks.

Voltron
03-25-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
You Billy Goat fans better hope Ogunleye is traded by Miami unless you like seeing Mike Williams getting pinned with a "tu tu" all game long.

Miami's undrafted free agent making the Bills Top 5 pick Mike Williams look like a chump :lol:

Who would of thought undrafted free agents have such skill??

I hope Miami sticks with Ogun and trade down in the first round to get more draft picks.

See then there are Fin fans that know nothing about Football except how to talk smack in the non Smack Forum.

Take this crap to the Smack Froum ScrewedbyAllmens

BuffaloRanger
03-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Nice pic of Boston when he was 50 lbs lighter - before the juice.

Fish have nothing to trade down with.

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
Nice pic of Boston when he was 50 lbs lighter - before the juice.

Fish have nothing to trade down with.

You're confusing "trading down" with "trading up".

Everyone in the draft has ammo to trade down as long as they have one pick. The Redskins have 2 picks in the NFL draft, the 1st rounder (5th overall) and 5th rounder. Even they can "trade down".

You have one pick in draft, you can trade down.

I know you like the Boston and Troy Vincent clip I have on my sig. :D

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

You're confusing "trading down" with "trading up".

Everyone in the draft has ammo to trade down as long as they have one pick. The Redskins have 2 picks in the NFL draft, the 1st rounder (5th overall) and 5th rounder. Even they can "trade down".

You have one pick in draft, you can trade down.

I know you like the Boston and Troy Vincent clip I have on my sig. :D

Yeah that catch wasn't lucky or anything?!:rolleyes:

Voltron
03-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Wow ScrewedbyAllmens you sure are pretty high on a guy is going to be your #2 WR. I have a few friends that are Fin fans that said the price was too good to pass up but they worry about him being able to swallow his pride and be the #2 behind Chambers (who BTW is the better receiver of the 2) He could be a great pickup but he also could start a war in that locker room speeding Wanny’s departure. So I guess either way it could be good for Miami :snicker:

Tatonka
03-26-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Yeah, If Schobel is not signing before the season starts...TD better be prepared to slap the franchise tag on him!

Here's Wistrom's yearly salaries... :eek:

2004 1500000.00
2005 2000000.00
2006 3500000.00
2007 3500000.00
2008 4000000.00
2009 4500000.00

http://www.nflpa.org/Members/playerProfile.asp?ID=25932

he will be cut after year 2-3

McGahee's Nation
04-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Ogunleye is going to have sophmore slump. It was all the double teaming on Jason Taylor that got him all the sacks. If I was a Dolphin fan which I'm not thank god. I would get rid off him, he's asking for too much money. He's undersized. He's just is overrated. Taylor is the man and any success Ogunleye got last year was because of Taylor's presence. Sophmore Slump I can see it. Long Live the Greatest Homerun Hitter right now.

McGahee's Nation
04-21-2004, 04:38 PM
I was one of the biggest David Boston fans. I saw him play all the time when he was with Zona and he was good. He's to big now, he's worn down, and he's a headcase. Let's just say the tea party has begun on David Boston. Chambers is good and now with Boston there the Dolphins won't ultilize Chambers. Who's going to throw the rock to Boston? I know Kurt Warner he's another overpriced player. I can see it now Warner to the Dolphins. Yup the Dolphins are officially done and the season hasn't began.
Sincerly,
The World's most hated Patriot hater ever. Down with the Patriots! The only hope is the Madden curse.