• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Adewale Ogunley is nuts

From ESPN insider rumor central.......

Vikings and Bears were interested in him but Miami asking for this years #1 and this Ogunleye is said to be seeking a long term contract with a signing bonus of 16 million

This part sounds good...........Ogunleye has vowed not to play for the salary he is due to make under the terms of the tender Miami extended

good for you Ogun..........put the screws to the phins
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Excellent!

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

I still say I had something to do with this!
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

its almost comical miami wants a first for him when players like TO go for 3rd rounders.

Dream on.

While i love the fact hes sticking it to the teal and squeals hes nuts asking for 16 mil. Gimme a break your worse then Law.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Wistrom signed a six-year deal that includes a $14 million signing bonus. I think Ogunleye could get that.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
            Wistrom signed a six-year deal that includes a $14 million signing bonus.

He got that TD better get Schobel renewed now.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
              He got that TD better get Schobel renewed now.
              Yeah, If Schobel is not signing before the season starts...TD better be prepared to slap the franchise tag on him!

Here's Wistrom's yearly salaries...

2004 1500000.00
              2005 2000000.00
              2006 3500000.00
              2007 3500000.00
              2008 4000000.00
              2009 4500000.00

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

No joke.

Comment

• Bert102176
                  • Aug 2002

he is, was a Fin aren't they all a joke anyways?
                  lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• dolfan25
                    Clements & Mulakey I'm taking you down next
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bert102176
                    he is, was a Fin aren't they all a joke anyways?

I guess Troy Vincent's a joke then

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

yeah he has only after all been to the last 5 pro bowls....

Comment

• Samphin1
                        • Mar 2004

The O-gun situation has a lot of us fin fans bent out of shape. HAlf want to let him go for the draft picks ( so far no one is biting) Half of them want us to sign him long term and give him what he wants. I am officially a fence sitter.

The Eagles and Seahawks really screwed the market up for DE's. I hope both of those deals bite them in the arse because it has skewed O-gun's thoughts on what he is worth ( for my money he is more talented than Wistrom and healthier than Kearse, and he knows that too.)

I have heard of his vow not to play at the highest tender which really doesn't make too much sense to me. Considering the guy went undrafted and we took a flyer on him while he was rehabing form a horrific knee injury. He basically sat out for two seasons while he rehabbed and is now a guy who "refuses" to play for a tema that doesn't respect him. Whatever.

He does have 22 sacks in his last 23 games. However, when the other guy on the line is named JASON TAYLOR, you tend to get single blocking as JT picks up double and sometimes triple teams on the other side.

A few years back, Trace Armstrong had a huge season playing opposite Taylor. He cashed in with the Raiders and subsequently sucked. Kenny Mixon and Lorenzo Bromell were succesful opposite Taylor and cashed in with Minnesota. Now, I believe Bromell has been cut and Mixon faces jail time for DUI's. That really doesn't have to do with his play, but that sucked to in Minnesota. What I am saying is that O-gun is good, but a lot of the reason he does so well is because who he has around him.

If he does sit out we have him by the balls. David Bowens shows flashes of brilliance in his limited playing time and the front office is high on this kid Otis Grigsby. If either steps up while O-gun sits out, it is going to prove that he isn't as good as he thinks and we would be ok without him.

Also, if we really wanted to screw with Adewale, he could sit out this season ( which Drew " son of satan" Rosenhaus has threatened) hurt his stock, and franchise him next offseason to prevent him from going elsewhere. I wouldn't advise them do to that but it is a possibility.

HOnestly, I see O-gun going elsewhere in a trade and having decent success but no where what his contract will be worth. I can't see him staying here as we need money to sign Chambers long term ( UFA at the end of this season) and Chambers is worth more than O-gun if you ask me.

Geez, long message.

Comment

• Fryin' The Fish
                          Fry Them Fishes!!
                          • Mar 2004

Ogunley did good last season. He got 15 sacks, which is the second most of the year. He is only 26 years old and has been playing for 6 years. I say give it to him. He is an rising star. The only reasons i can think of that the Fins will not give it to him is because they already have their star DE in Taylor.
                          The Bills
                          I believe in the Bledsoe

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Samphin1
                            The O-gun situation has a lot of us fin fans bent out of shape. HAlf want to let him go for the draft picks ( so far no one is biting) Half of them want us to sign him long term and give him what he wants. I am officially a fence sitter.

The Eagles and Seahawks really screwed the market up for DE's. I hope both of those deals bite them in the arse because it has skewed O-gun's thoughts on what he is worth ( for my money he is more talented than Wistrom and healthier than Kearse, and he knows that too.)

I have heard of his vow not to play at the highest tender which really doesn't make too much sense to me. Considering the guy went undrafted and we took a flyer on him while he was rehabing form a horrific knee injury. He basically sat out for two seasons while he rehabbed and is now a guy who "refuses" to play for a tema that doesn't respect him. Whatever.

He does have 22 sacks in his last 23 games. However, when the other guy on the line is named JASON TAYLOR, you tend to get single blocking as JT picks up double and sometimes triple teams on the other side.

A few years back, Trace Armstrong had a huge season playing opposite Taylor. He cashed in with the Raiders and subsequently sucked. Kenny Mixon and Lorenzo Bromell were succesful opposite Taylor and cashed in with Minnesota. Now, I believe Bromell has been cut and Mixon faces jail time for DUI's. That really doesn't have to do with his play, but that sucked to in Minnesota. What I am saying is that O-gun is good, but a lot of the reason he does so well is because who he has around him.

If he does sit out we have him by the balls. David Bowens shows flashes of brilliance in his limited playing time and the front office is high on this kid Otis Grigsby. If either steps up while O-gun sits out, it is going to prove that he isn't as good as he thinks and we would be ok without him.

Also, if we really wanted to screw with Adewale, he could sit out this season ( which Drew " son of satan" Rosenhaus has threatened) hurt his stock, and franchise him next offseason to prevent him from going elsewhere. I wouldn't advise them do to that but it is a possibility.

HOnestly, I see O-gun going elsewhere in a trade and having decent success but no where what his contract will be worth. I can't see him staying here as we need money to sign Chambers long term ( UFA at the end of this season) and Chambers is worth more than O-gun if you ask me.

Geez, long message.
                            Very well put. A lot of insight, I didnt know he was undrafted, I despise greedy "out for themselves" players.

I agree Chambers is worth more, I dont think Miami will get a 1st for him but hell even a 2nd or 3rd would be ok because it seems you guys have depth not to mention I think your right about him being a bust else where.

Comment

• Dantheman1280
                              I am the Man!
                              • Mar 2004

i hope he takes his ego and stay with the phins

Comment

Working...
                              X