OMG! Mike Williams tumbling down the draft?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

OMG! Mike Williams tumbling down the draft?!?!

I just read a new mock draft from Pete Prisco at CBS Sportsline and he has WR Mike Williams falling to the 25th pick. Apparently, Mike had a bad workout and he isn't showing the speed that everyone thought he had.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Here's some picks that you might find interesting...

4. New York Giants -- Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Miami of Ohio. They loved the idea of taking Gallery or Manning, but with those two gone they get the big, strong passer of the future.

11. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Philip Rivers, QB, North Carolina State. The Steelers have to find a quarterback for the future, and they are said to love Rivers. This is a pick that makes sense.

13. Buffalo Bills -- Roy Williams, WR, Texas. The Bills need a big-play weapon outside to go with Eric Moulds, and they're thrilled Williams is still on the board. Josh Reed goes back to being a No. 3.

20. Miami Dolphins -- Shawn Andrews, T, Arkansas. The Dolphins can't believe this 350-pound tackle is still on the board. Andrews will be an immediate starter for a team that needs offensive line help.

21. New England Patriots -- Kevin Jones, RB, Virginia Tech. He didn't run as well as the scouts thought he would at his Pro Day workout, but he is faster than his stopwatch time (4.6). If New England gets him, it will be a major steal.

25. Green Bay Packers -- Mike Williams, WR, Southern California. The Packers are stunned when a player of this caliber is still on the board. Even though receiver isn't a high priority, they still take Williams.
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

Prisco is a fool. Williams will not fall out of the top 10............probably not the top 5.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

I heard the same, apparently Williams had a bad workout and his numbers were pretty bad.

Not sure of the validity but i still dont see him coming out of the top 5.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

I think Prisco really hit the ganja too hard when he made that?!

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

3 Tightends in the 1st round I highly doubt it.

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

I don't know where the news of Mike Williams having a bad workout are coming from...he doesn't have a workout till april in Tampa Bay.

He might be there at 13 but no way does he drop till #25
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
              I think Prisco really hit the ganja too hard when he made that?!

Nah...............he's just stupid.

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

LOL!
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Romes
                  I don't know where the news of Mike Williams having a bad workout are coming from...he doesn't have a workout till april in Tampa Bay.

He might be there at 13 but no way does he drop till #25
                  This quote talks more about it....

The big surprise in this mock draft is how far down Southern California's Mike Williams slides. We have the Packers taking him with the 25th pick, based on the talk with scouts he might not run much better than a 4.7. Williams didn't separate all that much in the Pac-10, although he did dominate with his size and power.

That won't cut it in the NFL, so until his Pro Day workout April 8, we'll keep him near the bottom. By the time we do the final mock, coming the night before the draft, Williams could be much higher

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

This guy is a joke!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                      Expert on Experts
                      • Jul 2002

Williams hasn't worked out! USC's pro day is today, but williams isn't working out until April 6 in Tampa, so any rumors about a bad workout are bogus.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ran a 4.6 and slipped though. THat being said, teams would be foolished to pass on him simply for that...

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                        • Aug 2003

Question what wher Jerry Rice's 40 times????

Comment

• Felser's Ghost
                          • Feb 2004

Oh man!! It's a pipe dream to think he'd fall to us... But if so, I'd strangle TD myself if he didn't get him!!! Mike Williams and Eric Moulds on the outside and Josh Reed and Bobby Shaw in the slots! Are you kiddin'!!!

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                            • Apr 2003

i dont see how he could have been more clear by saying "BASED ON THE TALK WITH SCOUTS.....he might not run much better than a 4.7"

this doesnt mean the scouts went and watched him workout; it just means they dont think he has sub 4.7 speed based no film, etc
                            the dude abides

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                              • Aug 2003

I hope Mike Williams runs a 4.7 40 and drops to the Bills just read an article that said Jerry rice never cracked 4.6 in the 40 but you never saw anyone catch him from behind take Mike from USC please

Comment

Working...
                              X