PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Mike Williams tumbling down the draft?!?!

Michael82
03-24-2004, 02:35 PM
I just read a new mock draft from Pete Prisco at CBS Sportsline and he has WR Mike Williams falling to the 25th pick. :eek: Apparently, Mike had a bad workout and he isn't showing the speed that everyone thought he had.
-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7203264

Here's some picks that you might find interesting...

4. New York Giants -- Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Miami of Ohio. They loved the idea of taking Gallery or Manning, but with those two gone they get the big, strong passer of the future.

11. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Philip Rivers, QB, North Carolina State. The Steelers have to find a quarterback for the future, and they are said to love Rivers. This is a pick that makes sense.

13. Buffalo Bills -- Roy Williams, WR, Texas. The Bills need a big-play weapon outside to go with Eric Moulds, and they're thrilled Williams is still on the board. Josh Reed goes back to being a No. 3.

20. Miami Dolphins -- Shawn Andrews, T, Arkansas. The Dolphins can't believe this 350-pound tackle is still on the board. Andrews will be an immediate starter for a team that needs offensive line help.

21. New England Patriots -- Kevin Jones, RB, Virginia Tech. He didn't run as well as the scouts thought he would at his Pro Day workout, but he is faster than his stopwatch time (4.6). If New England gets him, it will be a major steal.

25. Green Bay Packers -- Mike Williams, WR, Southern California. The Packers are stunned when a player of this caliber is still on the board. Even though receiver isn't a high priority, they still take Williams.

Novacane
03-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Prisco is a fool. Williams will not fall out of the top 10............probably not the top 5.

Devin
03-24-2004, 02:39 PM
I heard the same, apparently Williams had a bad workout and his numbers were pretty bad.

Not sure of the validity but i still dont see him coming out of the top 5.

The Spaz
03-24-2004, 02:39 PM
I think Prisco really hit the ganja too hard when he made that?!:dizzy:

The Spaz
03-24-2004, 02:41 PM
3 Tightends in the 1st round I highly doubt it.

Romes
03-24-2004, 02:42 PM
I don't know where the news of Mike Williams having a bad workout are coming from...he doesn't have a workout till april in Tampa Bay.

He might be there at 13 but no way does he drop till #25

Novacane
03-24-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I think Prisco really hit the ganja too hard when he made that?!:dizzy:

Nah...............he's just stupid.

Devin
03-24-2004, 02:46 PM
LOL!

Michael82
03-24-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Romes
I don't know where the news of Mike Williams having a bad workout are coming from...he doesn't have a workout till april in Tampa Bay.

He might be there at 13 but no way does he drop till #25

This quote talks more about it....

The big surprise in this mock draft is how far down Southern California's Mike Williams slides. We have the Packers taking him with the 25th pick, based on the talk with scouts he might not run much better than a 4.7. Williams didn't separate all that much in the Pac-10, although he did dominate with his size and power.

That won't cut it in the NFL, so until his Pro Day workout April 8, we'll keep him near the bottom. By the time we do the final mock, coming the night before the draft, Williams could be much higher

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2004, 03:31 PM
This guy is a joke!

SoCalBillsFan
03-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Williams hasn't worked out! USC's pro day is today, but williams isn't working out until April 6 in Tampa, so any rumors about a bad workout are bogus.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ran a 4.6 and slipped though. THat being said, teams would be foolished to pass on him simply for that...

L.A. Playa
03-24-2004, 04:16 PM
Question what wher Jerry Rice's 40 times????

Felser's Ghost
03-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Oh man!! It's a pipe dream to think he'd fall to us... But if so, I'd strangle TD myself if he didn't get him!!! Mike Williams and Eric Moulds on the outside and Josh Reed and Bobby Shaw in the slots! Are you kiddin'!!!

mypoorfriendme
03-24-2004, 04:27 PM
i dont see how he could have been more clear by saying "BASED ON THE TALK WITH SCOUTS.....he might not run much better than a 4.7"

this doesnt mean the scouts went and watched him workout; it just means they dont think he has sub 4.7 speed based no film, etc

L.A. Playa
03-24-2004, 04:56 PM
I hope Mike Williams runs a 4.7 40 and drops to the Bills just read an article that said Jerry rice never cracked 4.6 in the 40 but you never saw anyone catch him from behind take Mike from USC please

Lone Stranger
03-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Who the hell is Pete Prisco that we shoud pay attention to him.

helmetguy
03-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Felser's Ghost
Oh man!! It's a pipe dream to think he'd fall to us... But if so, I'd strangle TD myself if he didn't get him!!! Mike Williams and Eric Moulds on the outside and Josh Reed and Bobby Shaw in the slots! Are you kiddin'!!!

NO MORE "Run-and-Shoot"!!!!!!!

thenry20
03-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
I just read a new mock draft from Pete Prisco at CBS Sportsline and he has WR Mike Williams falling to the 25th pick. :eek: Apparently, Mike had a bad workout and he isn't showing the speed that everyone thought he had.
-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7203264

Here's some picks that you might find interesting...

4. New York Giants -- Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Miami of Ohio. They loved the idea of taking Gallery or Manning, but with those two gone they get the big, strong passer of the future.

11. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Philip Rivers, QB, North Carolina State. The Steelers have to find a quarterback for the future, and they are said to love Rivers. This is a pick that makes sense.

13. Buffalo Bills -- Roy Williams, WR, Texas. The Bills need a big-play weapon outside to go with Eric Moulds, and they're thrilled Williams is still on the board. Josh Reed goes back to being a No. 3.

20. Miami Dolphins -- Shawn Andrews, T, Arkansas. The Dolphins can't believe this 350-pound tackle is still on the board. Andrews will be an immediate starter for a team that needs offensive line help.

21. New England Patriots -- Kevin Jones, RB, Virginia Tech. He didn't run as well as the scouts thought he would at his Pro Day workout, but he is faster than his stopwatch time (4.6). If New England gets him, it will be a major steal.

25. Green Bay Packers -- Mike Williams, WR, Southern California. The Packers are stunned when a player of this caliber is still on the board. Even though receiver isn't a high priority, they still take Williams.

OMFG Dude!

You're hyperventilating needlessly over a fricken MOCK DRAFT!

Geez, calm down or take your friggin Midol!

:music:

Bmax
03-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Roy williams has a super work out he reportedly ran a 4.38 - 4.45-40...yikes !!!!!!!!

He is a top 10 pick now way he gets by jax jags
www.gbnreport.com

Bmax

SeatownBillsFan21
03-25-2004, 12:44 AM
I'd take Reggie B4 Roy

Throne Logic
03-25-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy

Finally, the voice of reason.

Thank you.

Felser's Ghost
03-25-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy

Yes... Helmet Guy, That's EXACTLY what I meant. Run and Shoot 100% of the time!!! In fact, let's bring Gilbride back... He's an expert at the passing game. Yeah... we'll get rid of Henry and McGahee and just pass constantly!!!

:lol:

Dantheman1280
03-25-2004, 08:30 AM
LOL! but if we could get mike william even bledsoe could hit him, hes a monster! what is he 6'5

MTBillsFan
03-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Remember last year when Anquain Boldin didn't have a good work out and he ended up being the Rookie of the year for the freakin Cardinals! Don't always buy into the numbers, on the field during the game is what actually counts, not just a 40 yrd time way back in March or April! SO, if Mike Williams happens to be available at #13, We have to take him!