PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have?

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2004, 04:15 PM
for a backup QB? Assuming they all come in at "the right price" which seems to be the catch phrase.

Kordell or Doug Johnson or Travis Brown or 1st rounder draft rookie?

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Just trying to get a consensus out there. :scratch:

Novacane
03-24-2004, 04:20 PM
among the slim pickings that are out there I'd take Kordell.

bills_7
03-24-2004, 04:21 PM
none of the above

couch

Jan Reimers
03-24-2004, 04:53 PM
Kordell and Johnson would both be fairly capable backups, better than TB has shown to date. Neither would be our QB of the future, however, although Johnson has had far less time and opportunity than Kordell to prove that he is not a full time NFL QB.

I would be happy with either as a backup. We will still need to draft a QB of the future, however.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2004, 04:55 PM
I would take kordell and draft a young qb to groom.

Devin
03-24-2004, 05:03 PM
Draft pick.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2004, 05:06 PM
I definitly hope we get a qb on day one, but do you really want him as our backup? I sure would like to get someone with experience to come in if necessary.

Dantheman1280
03-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Stick with Travis Brown and draft Bj symmons

Mr. Cynical
03-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Kordell and Johnson would both be fairly capable backups, better than TB has shown to date.

I agree I'd probably take Slash, but I'm not sure I agree when you say "better than TB has shown to date". In all honesty, he really hasn't had the chance to show much. When he was in the NE game he went 14/18, 170 yds, 77.8 comp %....and yeah, that ridiculous INT on the last play of the game...Killdrive's goodbye gift to Buffalo. :mad:

I know it was late in the game and they were playing prevent, but there's no doubt NE still wanted the shut out so it's not like they weren't trying.

For me the jury's still out on him. Unfortunately though he still won't get a chance to play since I'm 99% sure they are going to grab a vet, cut him and draft a rookie for 3rd spot.

If only they would axe Drew and make the vet #1, TB and the rookie could compete for #2 and #3. That would really be building for the future. :drool:

samhain1961
03-24-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I would take kordell and draft a young qb to groom.

That seems to be the ideal situation.
We need an experienced back up & Stewart fits the bill & would come at the right price. So, why not grab him up now?

Yeah, he sucked last year with The Bears, but everyone pretty much agrees on the fact that that was a VERY bad team that no one would have looked good quarterbacking. I put more stock in how he looked a couple of years ago with Pittsburg under Mularkey's system & guidence. He was a Pro Bowl player then.
I, for one , hopes that TD grabs him while he's available.

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Honestly I had never been impressed with Travis Brown. How many years has he been on our roster?? Drew-Kordell-Rookie seems good. Drop TB to the practice squad unless the NFLE guy we have over there is any good, then drop TB altogether.

The_Philster
03-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Honestly I had never been impressed with Travis Brown. How many years has he been on our roster?? Drew-Kordell-Rookie seems good. Drop TB to the practice squad unless the NFLE guy we have over there is any good, then drop TB altogether.
Travis Brown isn't eligible for the practice squad. After either 2 years in the league or after 6 games on the active roster, a player is no longer eligible to be placed on the practice squad.