PDA

View Full Version : This week will make or break most of our playoff hopes

PA Season Ticket Holder
10-17-2002, 12:34 AM
I think the only way we get into the playoffs is by winning the division. The Wild Card is too stacked and we're already 1-3 in our division.

Saying that we'll win this week.....4-3

Next 3

LIONS

PATRIOTS

Chiefs

We must win 2 of the 3. 6-4

Next 3

Jets

DOLPHINS

Patriots

We must win 2 of these 3 also. 8-5

Last 3

CHARGERS

Packers

Bengals

Winning 2 of 3 here will be tough. Hopefully the Bengals is a gimmie, but the Chargers and Packers will be VERY tough games.

Basically we have to win 2 out of overy 3 games

If we win 2 of the 3 then we're 10-6.

DOLPHINS SCHEDULE

Hopefully Lucas will bottom out

Saying that they will lose...5-2

PACKERS

Jets

Ravens

Can't win more than 2 of these games. 7-3

Next 3

CHARGERS

Buffalo

BEARS

Here's where they will hopefully lose 2 of in November. 8-5

Next 3

RAIDERS

Vikings

Patriots

They would also have to win 2 out of these 3 games to be tied with us out of this scenario. Without a win this weekend we will have NO CHANCE. 1 or 3 games behind.

PATRIOTS SCHEDULE- Bye week this week 3-3

Next 4

BRONCOS

Bills

Bears

Raiders

3 straight road games and 3 good teams, and the Bears aren't bad either. This should hopefully be 3 losses but we'll say 2. 5-5

Next 3

VIKINGS

Lions

BILLS

This better not be 3 wins. Hopefully it will be us beating them. Pray to god it's only 2 wins and a loss to us. 7-6

Last 3

Titans

JETS

DOLPHINS

For sure it will be 2 wins. Hopefully a loss to the Jets for divisional record purposes. That will give them 7 losses and hopefully a spoiler roll in Miami in the last week of the year to give them 6 or 7 losses.

JETS SCHEDULE

Who the hell cares about this one.

We have to win this week. If we were 4-2 right now we'd be in great shape. Lucas is about the same as Fiedler, but hopefully it will cause another loss or 2.

We have a good chance for this but we need to win our games so it doesn't matter. I think this scenerio is very possible. Any other game could be won or loss in an upset or failure. It's gonna be close, lets hope for the best.

It all starts this week though......

BillsMan80
10-17-2002, 12:37 AM
If we win this week, I think we go into the bye at 6-3.

venis2k1
10-17-2002, 01:10 AM
i dont know, we will see if the pats can get it together in the bye.

ublinkwescore
10-17-2002, 01:51 AM
We don't play the Ravens though.

Sabre Ally
10-17-2002, 01:55 AM
The Ravens are in the section where he's discussing the Dolphins' schedule

WCoastFin
10-17-2002, 11:33 AM
tough task isnt it?

MissBuffalo
10-17-2002, 11:37 AM
We need division wins just in case we're tied at the end. Hey WCoast, where in Cali. are you??? I was going to suggest dragging you to the Bills bar in SF for the game on Sunday, but we both might get beat up!!!!! ~~~LOL~~~

Earthquake Enyart
10-17-2002, 11:48 AM
WCF :chair: MissB

WCoastFin
10-17-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by MissBuffalo
We need division wins just in case we're tied at the end. Hey WCoast, where in Cali. are you??? I was going to suggest dragging you to the Bills bar in SF for the game on Sunday, but we both might get beat up!!!!! ~~~LOL~~~

sure im up for it.....Im down in Salinas about 1 Hr and a 45 Min. Drive from Frisco....but Ive been searching for some Fin Bars out here ...anyways Do lots of Finfans show up?

Drewpac
10-17-2002, 01:20 PM
MissBuffalo,
What is the name and location of the Bills Bar in the Bay Area? Is it the North Star Cafe? I have been there a couple of times and I'm going to be in the area this weekend. Just wondering if there was a better Bills Bar that you knew of. Thanks.

WG
10-17-2002, 01:36 PM
Some of you are unrealistically optimistic for a team that can't stop an offense.

7 of the last 11 games feature offenses among the top 10 in the NFL.

This weekend's contest will reveal much. Miami's offense is significantly reduced in the passing department, so we'll get a good look at how well we defend against teams that have only nominal passing but excellent rushing.

We also face the top 4 RBs in the league (YPG) in 5 of our remaining games.

Some of you seem to forget that it's not only the amount of points we put up, it's also whether or not we can prevent other teams from putting up more.

Heck, on any other team in the league, 31, 45, 33, 23, 31, and 31 points are easily enough to go 5-1, possibly 6-0. Yet we're 3-3 and just as lucky to not be 1-5 or 0-6 as we are to not have been 5-1.

This defense is a serious issue that's gonna haunt us all year barring some really strange happenings. As the cold, icy weather comes around, our opponents rushing games won't be hampered, but our passing game will be.