PDA

View Full Version : Kenichi Udeze Workout

SoCalBillsFan
03-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Today's was USC's pro day, and early reports are that Kenichi Udeze ran a 4.74 and had a 39 Inch vertical.

THe source is a poster from an SC message board who was there, he's reliable but I'll try to get confirmation from an outside source since most of you will want something more official :D. I know there are several of you interested in Udeze, and if these are his real numbers then he certainly performed well...

DraftBoy
03-24-2004, 05:55 PM
How does this stack up to his combine performance and also side by side with Will Smith at his pro day and in the combine. Personally I think Smith is better at this stage and Udeze should of stayed in school.

Devin
03-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Edeze ran a 4.74 40? Holy S**T!

Thats pretty impressive for a DE, Considering not one of the QB's avail ran better then 4.94

TigerJ
03-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Will Smith is faster, but Udeze is bigger. I would take either, but if we're thinking left defensive end, Udeze might be a better fit.

mypoorfriendme
03-24-2004, 08:28 PM
sorry...no DE's in the first round. ill bet all my ZBs

SoCalBillsFan
03-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
How does this stack up to his combine performance and also side by side with Will Smith at his pro day and in the combine. Personally I think Smith is better at this stage and Udeze should of stayed in school.

stayed in school? I guess time will tell, but if he goes in the top 15 I think he made the right call...

Not sure who is better between him and will smith, it's a tough call, thats for sure.

Tatonka
03-24-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Will Smith is faster, but Udeze is bigger. I would take either, but if we're thinking left defensive end, Udeze might be a better fit.

i was thinking the same exact thing.. for LDE we want a bigger end.. but my god.. if he ran under a 4.8.. color me VERY impressed... much faster than i thought..

and i dont know if you guys noticed at all.. but marquise hill of LSU ran last week..

he couldnt break a 5.0.. and one run was a 5.3.. wow.. see ya in the 4th round.

LIQUID24
03-24-2004, 11:09 PM
How can someone thats 273 lbs have a 39inch vertical? That's NBA-type hops.

SoCalBillsFan
03-24-2004, 11:12 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

here's a link, nfl.com had his fastest 40 time at 4.77 and confirmed the 39 inch vertical. He also did 25 strength reps (thought he would do more, but still not bad).

WHat's amazing is as a freshman he weighed 360 pounds! Now is running under 4.8 and jumping 39 inches!

Bmax
03-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Udeze has great numbers.....On the marquis hill front i guess some scouts are concerned because he may have a bipolar disorder....

Bmax

the dude
03-25-2004, 01:51 AM
I've seen him play enough times that I think he's the real deal - and he's still just learnin. Several scouts have compared him to a young Bruce Smith, not quite as quick but stronger and leaner.

B-DON
03-25-2004, 03:49 AM
we just might have to scoop him. he is going to be a beast for sure

ryjam282
03-25-2004, 07:06 AM
Hey Tatonka, I would take Marquis Hill if he fell to the 4th round, wouldn't you?

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Bmax
Udeze has great numbers.....On the marquis hill front i guess some scouts are concerned because he may have a bipolar disorder....

Bmax

like the vikings guy that tried to kill himself.. named started with a U... i keep thinking blaire underwood... and i know that is not it. hes an actor.

Originally posted by ryjam282
Hey Tatonka, I would take Marquis Hill if he fell to the 4th round, wouldn't you?

yes.. my point was he was a guy that was considered a possible low 1st round, early second round guy..

now he is going to drop off the planet like rien long did last year..

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-25-2004, 08:34 AM
I really like Udeze and if he is there at 13, which I really don't think he will be, I would be very happy if the Bills took him. I believe he was converted to DE from DT. He has the best all around skills of the DEs in the draft and is worthy of a top 10 pick.

Bulldog
03-25-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

like the vikings guy that tried to kill himself.. named started with a U... i keep thinking blaire underwood... and i know that is not it. hes an actor.

Demetrious Underwood. A buddy of mine played with him at Michigan St. I will never forget the first time I met him, easily one of the largest individuals I have ever seen. Guy was around 6'5 and 285 and he was ripped. Really is too bad, he probably could have been a legit DE.

Kolbiss
03-25-2004, 09:57 AM
How is his name pronounced?

SoCalBillsFan
03-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Ken-EE-chee you-DEZ-ee

Kolbiss
03-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
Ken-EE-chee you-DEZ-ee

Thanks!

elltrain22
03-25-2004, 11:20 AM
I still like Udezi or Will Smith

DraftBoy
03-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Udeze would benefit financially from staying in school another year and probably had been a top 5 pick, plus his pass rush moves arent as pronouced or as abundant as Will Smith's are. He played in the PAC-10 not a confrence known for its power running games and big OL men.

Devin
03-25-2004, 11:37 AM
Didnt that underwood cat play in Dallas? Or a diff guy with same name?

I thought there was an Underwood who was a cowboy that went nuts and tried suicide or soemthing.

DraftBoy
03-25-2004, 11:42 AM
Same guy Devin, same guy

Devin
03-25-2004, 11:44 AM
well that explains it lol.

Philly Zoner
03-25-2004, 12:04 PM
wow. nice numbers. I'll take him with #13. still think I'd rather see some offensive help, whether it be WR, QB , but no tears if we land him.

SoCalBillsFan
03-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Udeze would benefit financially from staying in school another year and probably had been a top 5 pick, plus his pass rush moves arent as pronouced or as abundant as Will Smith's are. He played in the PAC-10 not a confrence known for its power running games and big OL men.

How about Michigan's OL, are they any good? You know chris perry, 5 sacks allowed all season before the rose bowl? Power running team? I'd say they were pretty good.

Kenechi had 3 sacks, and a stuff of Chris Perry in the backfield. Will Smith managed 1 tackle and no sacks. Hmm.....

I'm not going to go so far as to say Kenechi is better than Smith or will be better in the NFL. But Kenechi was every bit as good as smith was in college, and I think his pass rush will be just fine...

SoCalBillsFan
03-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Philly Zoner
wow. nice numbers. I'll take him with #13. still think I'd rather see some offensive help, whether it be WR, QB , but no tears if we land him.

my thoughts exactly philly. Id rather see some offense, but I won't be upset if we get him.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-25-2004, 01:46 PM
I will say Udeze will be better than Will Smith. That doesn't take anything away from Smith.

DraftBoy
03-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan

How about Michigan's OL, are they any good? You know chris perry, 5 sacks allowed all season before the rose bowl? Power running team? I'd say they were pretty good.

Kenechi had 3 sacks, and a stuff of Chris Perry in the backfield. Will Smith managed 1 tackle and no sacks. Hmm.....

I'm not going to go so far as to say Kenechi is better than Smith or will be better in the NFL. But Kenechi was every bit as good as smith was in college, and I think his pass rush will be just fine...

One game....Im not gonna venture to guess which one will be better but as of right now I think Smith is better DE, and Udeze could of benefitted from another year of schooling.

SoCalBillsFan
03-25-2004, 03:43 PM
THe other games resulted in 13 sacks...

If you think Smith is the btter DE that's fine. My only point is not to discredit what Udeze did this year by criticizing the Pac 10. He was at his best when it counted, against the best competition, and Smith wasn't. Like I said, doesn't mean smith wont be better in the NFL.