• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

Kenichi Udeze Workout

Today's was USC's pro day, and early reports are that Kenichi Udeze ran a 4.74 and had a 39 Inch vertical.

THe source is a poster from an SC message board who was there, he's reliable but I'll try to get confirmation from an outside source since most of you will want something more official . I know there are several of you interested in Udeze, and if these are his real numbers then he certainly performed well...
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

How does this stack up to his combine performance and also side by side with Will Smith at his pro day and in the combine. Personally I think Smith is better at this stage and Udeze should of stayed in school.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Edeze ran a 4.74 40? Holy S**T!

Thats pretty impressive for a DE, Considering not one of the QB's avail ran better then 4.94
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Will Smith is faster, but Udeze is bigger. I would take either, but if we're thinking left defensive end, Udeze might be a better fit.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
          • Apr 2003

sorry...no DE's in the first round. ill bet all my ZBs
          the dude abides

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
            Expert on Experts
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            How does this stack up to his combine performance and also side by side with Will Smith at his pro day and in the combine. Personally I think Smith is better at this stage and Udeze should of stayed in school.
            stayed in school? I guess time will tell, but if he goes in the top 15 I think he made the right call...

Not sure who is better between him and will smith, it's a tough call, thats for sure.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
              Will Smith is faster, but Udeze is bigger. I would take either, but if we're thinking left defensive end, Udeze might be a better fit.
              i was thinking the same exact thing.. for LDE we want a bigger end.. but my god.. if he ran under a 4.8.. color me VERY impressed... much faster than i thought..

and i dont know if you guys noticed at all.. but marquise hill of LSU ran last week..

he couldnt break a 5.0.. and one run was a 5.3.. wow.. see ya in the 4th round.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LIQUID24
                • Mar 2004

How can someone thats 273 lbs have a 39inch vertical? That's NBA-type hops.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                  Expert on Experts
                  • Jul 2002

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

here's a link, nfl.com had his fastest 40 time at 4.77 and confirmed the 39 inch vertical. He also did 25 strength reps (thought he would do more, but still not bad).

WHat's amazing is as a freshman he weighed 360 pounds! Now is running under 4.8 and jumping 39 inches!

Comment

• Bmax
                    • Aug 2003

Udeze has great numbers.....On the marquis hill front i guess some scouts are concerned because he may have a bipolar disorder....

Bmax

Comment

• the dude
                      • Jul 2003

I've seen him play enough times that I think he's the real deal - and he's still just learnin. Several scouts have compared him to a young Bruce Smith, not quite as quick but stronger and leaner.

Comment

• B-DON
                        hi
                        • Mar 2004

we just might have to scoop him. he is going to be a beast for sure

Comment

• ryjam282
                          Offical Billszone Starting QB
                          • Mar 2003

Hey Tatonka, I would take Marquis Hill if he fell to the 4th round, wouldn't you?

Ryan Withey
                          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bmax
                            Udeze has great numbers.....On the marquis hill front i guess some scouts are concerned because he may have a bipolar disorder....

Bmax
                            like the vikings guy that tried to kill himself.. named started with a U... i keep thinking blaire underwood... and i know that is not it. hes an actor.

Originally posted by ryjam282
                            Hey Tatonka, I would take Marquis Hill if he fell to the 4th round, wouldn't you?
                            yes.. my point was he was a guy that was considered a possible low 1st round, early second round guy..

now he is going to drop off the planet like rien long did last year..
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

I really like Udeze and if he is there at 13, which I really don't think he will be, I would be very happy if the Bills took him. I believe he was converted to DE from DT. He has the best all around skills of the DEs in the draft and is worthy of a top 10 pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X