PDA

View Full Version : Willis

jdbillsfan
03-25-2004, 06:55 AM
I believe that NFL total access is going to have Willis on Bills Cam tonight for those of you who get it.

I was watching last night and they showed some previews. It looks like he was taking some reps with TH at RB. Looked like he was moving ok, but then they also showed him pulling up his short and looking at his knee.

He is supposed to talk about it tonight...

Sorry if this was posted already

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 07:56 AM
:confused:
Originally posted by jdbillsfan
Looked like he was moving ok, but then they also showed him pulling up his short and looking at his knee.

He is supposed to talk about it tonight...

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 07:57 AM
and in record time, the trade henry posts STOP!

ryjam282
03-25-2004, 08:12 AM
LOL, I thought Willis looked very explosive in the first few shots they showed of him. He was cutting a few times and taking the ball and exploding. He looked good jumping through the ropes too. The shot of him looking at his knee was a little scary though but he did look at the camera after....Maybe he knew it was there and he was doing a little acting...Who knows.

BAM
03-25-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
and in record time, the trade henry posts STOP!

good! :up:

Dantheman1280
03-25-2004, 08:35 AM
YES WELL PUT DONT TRADE T-HEN

Mr. Cynical
03-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Although that's a bit concerning, it still doesn't change my mind on a Henry trade. If we were able to get a really high pick for him, I'd still trade him regardless of WM's status. Reason being that no matter who we have at back next year, we are not likely to get to the playoffs for several reasons, e.g., DREW, new coaches, no new impact DE/WR (not yet anyway) and the rookies we draft will need a year to develop. So IMO, we are in re-build mode this year regardless of RB.

Now, IF we were that close to the Big Dance, THEN I'd be less willing to trade Henry. Reason being he is definitely solid enough to contribute to a championship team.

All that said....I reeeealy hope he was just playin' with the camera. ;)

Devin
03-25-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by kal123
Although that's a bit concerning, it still doesn't change my mind on a Henry trade. If we were able to get a really high pick for him, I'd still trade him regardless of WM's status. Reason being that no matter who we have at back next year, we are not likely to get to the playoffs for several reasons, e.g., DREW, new coaches, no new impact DE/WR (not yet anyway) and the rookies we draft will need a year to develop. So IMO, we are in re-build mode this year regardless of RB.

Now, IF we were that close to the Big Dance, THEN I'd be less willing to trade Henry. Reason being he is definitely solid enough to contribute to a championship team.

All that said....I reeeealy hope he was just playin' with the camera. ;)

Your kidding right?

Firstly id like to point out I think we are a playoff team. Secondly with a rebuilt line (especially pending a williams signing) And with us going to a heavy groundgame i would not be comfortable at all having WM as our lone back.

I think your mistaken in your thought that we are in rebuilding mode. I think If we sign williams and a reciever (thrash, bannister..etc) and have a solid draft we have covered our positions.

The_Philster
03-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Devin
Your kidding right?

Firstly id like to point out I think we are a playoff team. Secondly with a rebuilt line (especially pending a williams signing) And with us going to a heavy groundgame i would not be comfortable at all having WM as our lone back.

I think your mistaken in your thought that we are in rebuilding mode. I think If we sign williams and a reciever (thrash, bannister..etc) and have a solid draft we have covered our positions.

couldn't agree more. You don't need, nor can you afford, to have Pro Bowlers at every position.

Devin
03-25-2004, 03:44 PM
if this were basketball wed have an amazing bench.

We are solid all around we needed a change at coaching, and a few fillers.

We are going to be pleasantly surprised next season.

THATHURMANATOR
03-25-2004, 03:48 PM

Your kidding right?

I wouldn't say we are a lock for the playoffs for many of the same reason's KAL mentioned.

Devin
03-25-2004, 03:50 PM
never said a lock, i personally believe we have the team to get there though.

John Doe
03-25-2004, 04:18 PM
No team is a "lock" to make the playoffs - just ask the Tampa Bay Bucks.

Mr. Cynical
03-25-2004, 04:25 PM

Your kidding right?

If I'm not mistaken, our record was 6-10 last year. And our record vs. teams over .500 for the season was...ready? 1-15. I like your optimism but to think we are going to the playoffs after beating 1 team over .500 is a bit of a stretch. I'm hope I'm wrong of course, but that's my view.

So, in light of that view, yes I believe we are in rebuilding mode, even if Bills' brass won't openly say it. Our D is solid but our offense was/is so bad that it needs complete overhaul IMO. So far, we have not even come close to overhauling it.

Therefore, I don't care what our record is next year *IF* we make strides in getting the right players in. As such, I would highly welcome a high draft pick for TH to begin that process. I'm tired of limping along using the Band-aid approach that we've had since Kelly left. I'd rather cut the bleeding, gangrenous limb off that is our offense and start over. JMO, but I stand by it.

Devin
03-25-2004, 04:33 PM
your welcome to that, but ill keep a proven talent over an unknown thanks.

And while I stand by my view of this being a playoff team (for those bad at this im not saying a lock, im saying with talent we have now i believe us to be a playoff team) I can hardly call us in a rebuilding mode.

Our offence (for the last tiem pending a williams signing or other OL signing) is fine.

we have a solid line with great coaching, potentially two stud RB's, and if we get a speedy WR via FA or draft I dont see us faltering to much. Drew will be debated forever so im not going there.

Teams will always have needs but given the above outlook I cant see your stance as logical.

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 04:43 PM
If I'm not mistaken, our record was 6-10 last year. And our record vs. teams over .500 for the season was...ready? 1-15.

um... how is that possible to be 6-10.. and 1-15 against opponents over .500 in the same year? lol

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 04:44 PM
anyone know what time he is supposed to be on?

The_Philster
03-25-2004, 05:20 PM
um... how is that possible to be 6-10.. and 1-15 against opponents over .500 in the same year? lol

anyone know what time he is supposed to be on?

:lol: Maybe he's into that new math stuff

Mr. Cynical
03-25-2004, 05:39 PM

Who did we beat?

Patriots
Jets
Giants
Redskins
Jaguars
Bengals

Which of these teams finished over.500?

Patriots

We won 1 game out of 16 where we beat someone over .500. Or, 5 out 6 (83.3%) of our wins came from teams under 500. :up:

You get the idea. However you want to state that point mathematically is fine with me, but my point is still valid. We sucked last year in a big way and to think we are a "playoff team" is wishful thinking. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd say 8-8 is far more realistic. And 8-8 is not playoff bound. This is why I say we should rebuild, not reload (on offense).

DraftBoy
03-25-2004, 05:49 PM
I agree with Kal if the offer is sweet enough Id ship Henry regardless of whether we even had McGahee or not. Nobody is untouchable.

Devin
03-25-2004, 05:53 PM
*sigh*

Mr. Cynical
03-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Our offence (for the last tiem pending a williams signing or other OL signing) is fine.

:huh:

I can't see your stance as logical either.

The_Philster
03-25-2004, 07:02 PM
I think you forget, kal, that we eliminated a major problem from last year already (Williams and Gilbride) and judging the 2004 roster based on last year's results is misleading and unfair.

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Who did we beat?

Patriots
Jets
Giants
Redskins
Jaguars
Bengals

Which of these teams finished over.500?

Patriots

We won 1 game out of 16 where we beat someone over .500. Or, 5 out 6 (83.3%) of our wins came from teams under 500. :up:

You get the idea. However you want to state that point mathematically is fine with me, but my point is still valid. We sucked last year in a big way and to think we are a "playoff team" is wishful thinking. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd say 8-8 is far more realistic. And 8-8 is not playoff bound. This is why I say we should rebuild, not reload (on offense).

i understand now.. thanks.

BuffaloRanger
03-25-2004, 07:30 PM
Last season:

Moulds and TH were playing hurt for most of the year.

The O-line had some weaknesses.

Drew was running a Gilbride offense that sucked. Then Drew sucked even worse - when he lost confidence he held on to the ball to long.

Not enough running plays on 3rd and short.

So follow me here....

Moulds is healthy again. TH and WM at RB.

The O-line should be better, and has an experienced coach.

A new offensive game plan should rejuvinate Drew.

(If not, then you're right, the Bills won't make the playoffs.)

So Drew's play this season is the only "?" No point in having another "?" in WM by trading a proven, "move the chains" RB.

Mr. Cynical
03-25-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I think you forget, kal, that we eliminated a major problem from last year already (Williams and Gilbride) and judging the 2004 roster based on last year's results is misleading and unfair.

I didn't forget. :)

But as you pointed out in the other thread about WM being "unproven"..... MM is "unproven" at HC, and so is TC at OC. Not saying I don't think/hope they do well, but it is still the case. As such, I think basing our future success on them is just as misleading and unfair as well.

Billzz
03-25-2004, 08:53 PM
Ok I watched the clip with Willis and couldn't help but feel like he should of said something different when asked about sitting on the sidelines watching games. I know he's young and it's just a non-formal interview but I think he should of given prompts or more respect to Travis.

He also dodged the question about what his role will be as far as starting etc. He could of given more respect to the existing man, I just get the feeling he thinks if his knee is healthy he's going to be the man. Nothing wrong with that, assuming it's not just from being young.

BTW no way he's 240 and Travis in the background looked a little pissed off lol. Nothing like sticking a torch under somone's ass to get em running:) You think he ran hard last year wait till you see him put up 2 150+ yard games to kick the season off just from the anger built up.

Bert102176
03-25-2004, 08:55 PM
To trade TH would be stoopid McGahee is unproven

The_Philster
03-25-2004, 09:13 PM
I didn't forget. :)

But as you pointed out in the other thread about WM being "unproven"..... MM is "unproven" at HC, and so is TC at OC. Not saying I don't think/hope they do well, but it is still the case. As such, I think basing our future success on them is just as misleading and unfair as well.

true enough. For the record, I base my faith on the fact that Mularkey was the one who, with Clements as his QBs coach, turned around a Pittsburgh offense that Gilbride screwed up

Billzz
03-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Seems alot of coaches have the added bonus of looking like a genius after Killdrive gets done and moves on after crapping in his own bed.

Mr. Cynical
03-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
So follow me here....

Moulds is healthy again. TH and WM at RB.

The O-line should be better, and has an experienced coach.

A new offensive game plan should rejuvinate Drew.

(If not, then you're right, the Bills won't make the playoffs.)

So Drew's play this season is the only "?" No point in having another "?" in WM by trading a proven, "move the chains" RB.

I think we have alot more "?s" than Drew.... ;)

You say the Oline "should" be better, but isn't that also another "?" besides Drew?

Here's a few more:

1. Reed "should" step up next year....another "?". Otherwise right now we have no other proven threat besides Moulds.

2. A rookie HC....a big "?". We can debate how he "should" do, but in reality we really don't know.

3. A rookie OC...another big "?" Same as HC.

4. Completely new gameplan....admittedly, it *has* to be better than GW/KG....however, it is still a "?" until we see it.

5. Loss of Ruben...a "?" since we have no idea what the impact of losing a pro-bowl LG will be on an already suspect line (his value is debatable, but still the case nonetheless)

6. No impact TE at this point....another "?"

7. No FB at this point, and we are going to be a power running team...another "?"

8. Still have Teague at C and that's a problem...so another "?" until we get a proven C in to replace him

9. WM vs. TH controversy.... a BIG "?" if they both are healthy and competing....could cause alot of distractions

Anyhoo, I hope that it all comes together and proves me wrong. But even if it doesn't, I can be very patient as long as we are building. We can go 6-10 again if we draft well and are poised for a nice run in 05-06. :up:

The_Philster
03-26-2004, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Billzz
Seems alot of coaches have the added bonus of looking like a genius after Killdrive gets done and moves on after crapping in his own bed.

Mularkey has the history of already improving a team after Gilbride.

B-DON
03-26-2004, 05:29 AM
this thread i has nothingto do with willis

kardshark19
03-26-2004, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by B-DON
this thread i has nothingto do with willis

:rofl: And you read through all 3 pages too, huh?

B-DON
03-26-2004, 06:14 AM
yep